POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 01 - CLOSED (W: jBhIpS)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 37 comments

THEME: Open

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same thing as trying to sway the poll? Several people here have given "thumps up" for a specific poll-option. Can @SlipZtrEm clarify the rules?
I was honestly thinking the same thing... seemed a bit odd to comment on specific shots... thereby influencing people's choices, even if it wasn't done by the photographer himself.
I haven't checked all the banter, but maybe it's people new to forums/comps who have been doing most of the commenting?
Anyway... We can only hope that people read what they may... and go and decide for themselves...

Is that the same thing as trying to sway the poll? Several people here have given "thumps up" for a specific poll-option. Can @SlipZtrEm clarify the rules?

For what it's worth, I don't consider the original comment an attempt to sway the poll at all. 👍

@DigitalBaka: We've left that rule in there — and intentionally vague — for when we think it's needed. Say someone is encouraging a bunch of their friends to join and vote only on their image (which has happened before). Or someone is talking trash about other entries when there own is included in the poll. Stuff like that; we'll treat it on a case-by-case basis.

Personally, I've always liked seeing people's reasons for voting the way they do. It doesn't sway me in any way, as I vote for what appeals to me. But hearing their reasons gives an insight into how others think, and I find that fascinating.

People saying which entry they've voted for may seem to run counter to keeping the vote tallies hidden until after you've voted, but only slightly. The main reason it's done this way is to minimize strategic voting (that's also why changing your vote isn't an option).

I had to register too late or something else .. I do not find my participation, too bad .. :boggled: next time can be
GG all :cheers:

Same for me, and I'm sure I posted my final entry very early, in time. Very odd...

I had to register too late or something else .. I do not find my participation, too bad .. :boggled: next time can be
GG all :cheers:

Same for me, and I'm sure I posted my final entry very early, in time. Very odd...

It's likely your entry did not fit into the rules somehow. Since the theme was open I'd guess it was due to the preview size restriction, which can't be more than 640px in any direction. Check toward the end of the submission thread as Slip mentioned several that did not quite fit the submission rules. And make sure you check your week 2 submission as well just in case! :)

Damn, not a single vote...
But with a poll of this size, I'm not really disappointed :)

And congrats to jBhIpS! A well deserved win :cheers:

Congrats @jBhIpS. I knew that entry was going to be hard to beat the moment I saw it. There were quite a few other entries that absolutely blew me away too- some of the non-scapes shots in particular. It takes a lot of creativity to make race replay shots look as inspired as scapes images, both because of the inherent lack of graphical fidelity and the limitations on settings. Props for putting up some really amazing work.

As for myself, considering the competition, third place seems pretty respectable. Feels surprisingly good knowing people appreciate your work enough to cast their single vote for it. Definitely makes me want to keep coming back for more and it's one of the main things motivating me to keep playing Sport at this time.

Unfortunately I was out of town for a conference this week so I wasn't able to work on my entry until last night. Not sure if I'm quite as happy with it as I was with my last one but I found a new trick in scapes that I thought was neat so I went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back