POLL: Thrustmaster T300RS/GTE Reliability Poll

• Thread starter VBR
  • 504 comments

Have you had any problems with your T300RS/GTE?

• Total voters
The CSL Elite is definitely on my very short list. I have PC, PS4 and Xbox One, so a wheel compatible with all of them is a major plus. Their ecosystem and all the upgrades available are definitely interesting to me.

No more Thrustmaster after that experience.

I bought a T300GT about 6 weeks ago.
Updated right from the start before use.
It went bad after about 3-4 hours of use.
It was in my house for 43 days, but I'd not had time to use it much.
Started disconnecting after 20 minutes of play.
Forum members told me I needed to go back to the PC and turn the fan on constantly to fix the problem.
A- Nobody knew over heating was the problem.
B- The end user shouldn't have to turn on a cooling fan permanently to 'fix' a problem. That's not a 'fix', that's a hack.
The shop was a total ass about refunding and I had to get Ebay involved for a full refund !

Bought a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4, Fanatec shifter, CSL Elite with load cell pedals, not looked back so far, but only been 5 days, still working though!

It's official, the numbers of people with problems(in this thread) are bigger than the ones who don't have any problems.

When I open drivers, it only says PC next to it. Are you sure I need that for PS4?
More information.
Try the wheel on PS4 with the games you play and if there is no problem you can skip it,but if there is a problem then you will have to do it.
Important:
On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 RS & T150 racing wheel’s base must always be set to the PS3 position!
- DO NOT CONNECT the racing wheel to your PC before being prompted to do so.
- DO NOT CLICK in any Windows-specific panes that may appear during the update process.
- RESTART THE COMPUTER once the package setup is complete.
And will my warranty still be in place after downloading the drivers/firmware?
Yes,your warranty will still be in place after downloading the firmware.

More information.
Try the wheel on PS4 with the games you play and if there is no problem you can skip it,but if there is a problem then you will have to do it.
Important:
On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 RS & T150 racing wheel’s base must always be set to the PS3 position!
- DO NOT CONNECT the racing wheel to your PC before being prompted to do so.
- DO NOT CLICK in any Windows-specific panes that may appear during the update process.
- RESTART THE COMPUTER once the package setup is complete.

Yes,your warranty will still be in place after downloading the firmware.

Alright, thanks man. I don't have any issues yet so I'll keep off it then.

Now I am aware of this wheel being so unreliable I'm thinking of returning the wheel and the playseat challenge that I bought. There don't seem to be any wheels that both are trouble free and are any good. This one is really good for now but it's a decent hit to the wallet with the playseat combined. And the brake pedal kinda sucks.

Alright, thanks man. I don't have any issues yet so I'll keep off it then.

Now I am aware of this wheel being so unreliable I'm thinking of returning the wheel and the playseat challenge that I bought. There don't seem to be any wheels that both are trouble free and are any good. This one is really good for now but it's a decent hit to the wallet with the playseat combined. And the brake pedal kinda sucks.
You should have forced cooling on anyway, regardless. Your wheel does not need to be returned if it was produced in the last year or so, wheels made before that had the old fan fitted. Newer ones have the upgraded fan which moves more air and does not suffer the problems which many of us have had with the wheel. If you find that you are getting dodgy sounds, and/or alot of ffb fading and you have forced cooling enabled, you probably have an older wheel, send it to them and they will sort the fan out free of charge. Mine stays cool all the time since they changed the fan and i have no ffb fading at all now. As for the pedals, yes they are garbage, which is why many of us have the t3pa pro's.

You should have forced cooling on anyway, regardless. Your wheel does not need to be returned if it was produced in the last year or so, wheels made before that had the old fan fitted. Newer ones have the upgraded fan which moves more air and does not suffer the problems which many of us have had with the wheel. If you find that you are getting dodgy sounds, and/or alot of ffb fading and you have forced cooling enabled, you probably have an older wheel, send it to them and they will sort the fan out free of charge. Mine stays cool all the time since they changed the fan and i have no ffb fading at all now. As for the pedals, yes they are garbage, which is why many of us have the t3pa pro's.
I don't know how to switch on forced cooling, I take it that it prevents potential FFB issues? I bought it new from a reputable store, so I guess it wasn't produced too long ago. Have you tried the regular T3PA pedals by the way? With regards to the brake feel, it should be thesame as the T3PA pro, right? Because both have the same solution (rubber cone or something). If the T3PA has a pretty good brake feel (which the inside sim racing review suggests), I'm thinking of ordering the T300RS GT and returning the GTE.

Yesterday, the wheel assumed I pushed some buttons (HUD and POV changed while in a race). I hope that won't happen anymore.
Phantom button presses. I have those on a regular basis (one every two hours of gameplay or so) and I think it's a common issue with the T300.

Phantom button presses. I have those on a regular basis (one every two hours of gameplay or so) and I think it's a common issue with the T300.
Hi DiabolicalMask! That's been some time! How disturbing is that issue for you?

Hi DiabolicalMask! That's been some time! How disturbing is that issue for you?
Some time, indeed. What was it, GT5? :cheers:

On topic, I'm more of a casual driver, just running some laps for fun and nothing really serious. But I can see it becoming annoying if, out of the blue, you mess with an important setting in the middle of a race.

For the most part, though, I think you shouldn't be too worried.

Some time, indeed. What was it, GT5? :cheers:

On topic, I'm more of a casual driver, just running some laps for fun and nothing really serious. But I can see it becoming annoying if, out of the blue, you mess with an important setting in the middle of a race.

For the most part, though, I think you shouldn't be too worried.
Yeah, like GT4, GT5 :). I see you continued photographing in the real world. Looks really good!

I don't race competitive either so it should be okay then. Thanks man.

I hace all That problems...well this one is the 3° on guarranty i gone to send back to the shop...
But i need to know what thrustmaster oficial say....is any official information..?

OK, I've had my T300 for a couple of months now and it looks like I'm going to be sending it back. The calibration issue became worse as has the floaty sensation when driving and lack of FFB. I've not been able to check and/or update the firmware due to not having access to a PC, so can't check if that's the issue. It all came to a head last night when I recalibrate it in Project Cars and then lost all the steering completely although all the other buttons worked fine. I restarted the PS4 and wheel and now all it does is spin violently from bump stop to bump stop and none of the usual work-arounds have any effect.

I'm waiting for a response from Thrustmaster but, going by online research, the chances are they'll want to replace it. Luckily I bought mine through Amazon so I can return it for free, get a full refund and probably get a G29 instead. Really should have done that first time as I loved my old DFGT and trust Logitech as a brand plus you can update the firmware via a Mac.

I've only used it for a total of 14 hours in those 2 months, half of which with issues. You live and learn I guess.

EDIT: It's been 3 days now and still no response from Thrustmaster. However, Amazon are sending a replacement today even though my order is over the 30 day return limit, plus I can mail back the defective wheel for free. They also responded to my email within the hour - now that's how you do good customer service Thrustmaster! Fingers crossed the new one isn't faulty. There's no way I'm going near a Thrustmaster product again if it has any hint of an issue.

BTW: I tested the wheel on my PS3 to check whether it was a PS4 or game issue, but the result was just the same. Hopefully it is a hardware issue and a replacement will fix it.
That is exactly what happens to me....now im Watling for thrustmaster answer but í way exactly

It's enough to deter me from buying one. 50% is 50% no matter what. I'm pretty confident if you get 1000 votes it will be fairly similar.
Really.? YOU think when the Studio of any thing is about % they así to 1.000.000 persons í think 50/50 is alot mate

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to add another post with a faulty t300 RS sadly.

I have had mine for 7 days and yesterday during a rally race (GTsport/PS4) it just could not be re-centered.
The wheel kept to the left and no matter what i tried, it stayed that way.

here is a video showing EXACTLY what mine does as well:

So it's probably the belt slipping and not being tight enough. It happens on several racing games.
So i will return it and see what happens, i bet i get a refurbished version that will die on me in a few days as well.

I will have to add another post with a faulty t300 RS sadly.

I have had mine for 7 days and yesterday during a rally race (GTsport/PS4) it just could not be re-centered.
The wheel kept to the left and no matter what i tried, it stayed that way.

here is a video showing EXACTLY what mine does as well:

So it's probably the belt slipping and not being tight enough. It happens on several racing games.
So i will return it and see what happens, i bet i get a refurbished version that will die on me in a few days as well.

If bought new, there definitely is warranty you can claim for fixing or a replacement. Hassle though that you'd have to send it in and wait for some time w/o a wheel. I agree, they're QA is not too good at all. Mine was bought 'supposedly new' from RTech and lasted only like a month before having bad calibration. Had to send it overseas through a relative (luckily travelling to the US), and had to wait a month. Per their investigation, it couldn't be repaired so a replacement was sent. Too many reports of new ones bugging down easily, suspecting they either send refurbished units or just lack good enough QA.

Guys, I'm having a big problem here in Brazil.

Some time ago I reported here that my Force Feedback was failing.... then I got the calibration problem. Big disappointment.

I have send my T300 RS to a technician called Vladimir, he is known for Thrustmaster repairs because he worked for the company when they had a official support here in Brazil. He was the responsible for the repairs, a trained technician. Now there isn't official support, but this guy had a lot of references.

I have paid him R$ 700 (about USD 200) for fixing the calibration problem. After 3 months, he wasn't able to fix it, giving me a lot of excuses every week... until last week when I decided to go pickup the wheel anyway. After I got there (600 km away from my home), he said it was fixed. I was sure it wasn't, but anyway I left his place with the wheel. Not for my surprise, when I got to a friend's home, so we could test it, the wheel has the same calibration problem. I doubt he even tried to fix it.

Now I'm calling him everyday as he said he is gonna return my payment, but I hardly doubt that. There is 48 hours he is not answering anymore. I'll have to find a lawyer, go to Justice, ... a big problem. I'm just very frustrated with all this.

Right now my options are not so nice. I'll try to open an RMA in the States or Canada and ask some friend who is travelling to take it for me, or pay the shipping myself, which will cost another USD 200 both ways.

Stay away of Thrustmaster.

Best,

Alex

Mines a art piece now. I call it junk on a stick. It burnt itself out after a short life and I helped it lose its ability to be resurrected. Total garbage product. They're screwing consumers.

Guys, I'm having a big problem here in Brazil.

Some time ago I reported here that my Force Feedback was failing.... then I got the calibration problem. Big disappointment.

I have send my T300 RS to a technician called Vladimir, he is known for Thrustmaster repairs because he worked for the company when they had a official support here in Brazil. He was the responsible for the repairs, a trained technician. Now there isn't official support, but this guy had a lot of references.

I have paid him R$ 700 (about USD 200) for fixing the calibration problem. After 3 months, he wasn't able to fix it, giving me a lot of excuses every week... until last week when I decided to go pickup the wheel anyway. After I got there (600 km away from my home), he said it was fixed. I was sure it wasn't, but anyway I left his place with the wheel. Not for my surprise, when I got to a friend's home, so we could test it, the wheel has the same calibration problem. I doubt he even tried to fix it.

Now I'm calling him everyday as he said he is gonna return my payment, but I hardly doubt that. There is 48 hours he is not answering anymore. I'll have to find a lawyer, go to Justice, ... a big problem. I'm just very frustrated with all this.

Right now my options are not so nice. I'll try to open an RMA in the States or Canada and ask some friend who is travelling to take it for me, or pay the shipping myself, which will cost another USD 200 both ways.

Stay away of Thrustmaster.

Best,

Alex
Can I just say this:. Everyone who paid $200+ on a wheel should demand absolutely the best quality electronics, hardware, and software. If we are being ripped off, and after a long review of forums here, I'd say we are, then let's all of us, everyone who is in the angry chair, file a BBB COMPLAINT.

It's very simple. Maybe this can be an indicator to them and PD that we're fed up.

Hello partners, I have now 10 days with my fourth t300rs playing only GT Sport and no problem, today I'm going to start playing Project 2 again to see how ... in this respect I will explain the theory that some friends and I have about it .. We think that these flyers literally burst by the bad management of the information when playing pc2, that is to say that the information that transmits the game is too much and the steering wheels do not support it or that it is not adequate. Does anyone else think this is possible? Has anyone noticed or had these problems after playing pc2? It would be interesting to gather the maximum information about it in order to transfer it to the game developers and the manufacturers of the t300rs. Thank you Edit + QuoteReply
Hola compañeros,
Llevo ahora 10 días con mi cuarto t300rs jugando sólo a gt Sport y ningún problema, hoy voy a empezar de nuevo a jugar a Project cars 2 a ver que tal... al respecto de esto os voy a explicar la teoría que unos amigos y yo tenemos al respecto..
Pensamos que estos volantes revientan literalmente por la mala gestión de la información al jugar pc2, es decir que la información que trasmite el juego es demasiada y los volantes no la soportan o que no es la adecuada.
Alguien más piensa que esto es posible?
Alguien a notado o a tenido estos problemas tras jugar pc2?

Sería interesante recopilar la máxima información al respecto para poder trasladarsela tanto a los desarrolladores del juego y a los fabricantes de los t300rs..
Gracias

Does anyone knows if the New T300 RS GT wheel has improved cooling besides the different pedal improvement?
Yes it has, Thrustmaster had alot of T300 problems with cooling a while back. Presumably has cost them alot to pay for shipping from customer and back plus the repair itself. Basically, the fans now move more air and along with forced cooling enabled, you should not have any ffb fading now on newer Thrustmaster wheels.

Found it to be same price as the Interga alcantara edition.....370 and this is 370 w/o shipping , witch one should i buy? is it such a big difference?

Found it to be same price as the Interga alcantara edition.....370 and this is 370 w/o shipping , witch one should i buy? is it such a big difference?
Depends where you live ?, if in Europe theres a 25% discount with a code on Thrustmaster shop.

Back