POLL:Tire choice

• Thread starter massradia1
  • 35 comments

Which tyres do you prefer for drifting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jrkiwiboy
I use to feel like then when I first tried it but once you use CM on a very poweful car (600+ hp) you can start to apreciate the extra grip. Cars act more tame and the fact you have loads of power means the concern of the snappyness of grip gain and loss is lessened

I don't use 600bhp+ maybe thats why I didn't notice .:)

My Supra has about 550bhp and WOT can get wild with CH. It even burns out in 5th up to about 110ish (mph/stock trans). I'll try CM today and see if it tames it a little better or at least makes it a little more predictable.

PS: My Sil-Eighty tune in the wheel tune thread is pretty good on tight courses with CM. That was the whole point of the tune. I tried to get as close as possible to a drift missile you would buy that's already semi-tuned with non-adjustable lowering springs + stiff shocks and anti-roll bars.

I voted CH but have used CM CS CH/CM combinations & CH/CS combos also. Just feels natural, and all I really like to drift is my C60 Art Morrison at 650 HP.

After a short time drifting with Eric, I was drifting my 300ZX (VDC PRO AM Car) with CM and he was drifting his Z4 (VDC PRO Car) and we both found the 300ZX to be just a bit faster than the Z4, granted, I had 40 more HP. But with my CH's I have to drop the power down to 420 (50hp drop) and he then pulls away. I think if we do CH for slow cars and CM for fast cars, we'd have to have a new list of slow and fast cars

i love this so far, i think we shoudl get alot more experience in this thing with the cars and tires, pro class drifting could be conducted on the cms and am on the chs makes something actually mean somtheing when having different classes rather then just a hp diff, i mean it would be the equivalent to a formula d or d1 car driving next to a daily driven street car the added grip and power makes having a car with loads of power feel like it does rather then it just feel like a car on ice and like i said before i drift everything on ch and host ch only lobbies, im just kinda bored with the same old same old

Back