[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

All this is taught me is that at one time Trump knew how to compose his postures, language and general person in manner that wasn't loud and obnoxious and full of foot in mouth statements. It seems his fame and persona over time with the watering of an expanding ego, have caused him to lose that to a great degree. I feel he has obtained the bulldog like attitude his younger self supposedly hated about Washington and lived it full on. He could have been a better person but in the end he's just as crap. Why some heart string youtube video should get him votes into the white house when he hasn't even mirrored this person he once was since saying "I'd like to be your President", is silly thought. It's about as silly as people on the other side thinking Hillary did no wrong and they're "just emails" and to get the hell over it when the severity is so much more.

They're bad people, for a nation that doesn't need it why push the bs. Isn't about time for you to do another celebrity thread about celebs you don't really care about but some how do...

Why? The internet's always been full of crap, this is nothing new.

James Comey was employed in a non-executive role to offer security advice to HSBC Holdings' Financial Vulnerabilities panel, a very sensible appointment on their part. He left that role in 2013 and isn't still in place (despite the article claiming that "the appointment was set to expire this year").

HSBC Holdings isn't "a Swiss Bank", that article has it very wrong.

The article then goes on an odd rant about people who have Swiss bank accounts and contribute to the Clintons' philanthropy, Michael Schumacher, Jeffrey Epstein et al... but why? If the law doesn't require them to pay tax then why should they? It seems to be a muddied attempt to somehow imply that tax havens are fraudulent so the Clintons must be too. Very odd.

Even the article writer himself ultimately says that the conclusions he draws are "tenuous".

It's sad Bernie endorsed the person he spoke out against and his supporters hated. I truly do think he believed in his message and believed he was doing the right thing, he also go people excited about a candidate and actually engaged with how they wanted this country ran. I didn't agree with some of his policies, but given him or Clinton it seems like he would have been the better candidate. By back Clinton though, he just seems like a sellout since he really wanted change.

Making him just another politician.
Maybe we can be generous and say he started a movement that will reach fruition only when a better man than he leads it? And could we say the same about Trump?

:ouch:

That's him giving up. And with that, I'm out.
That's him selling out more like it. If Bernie believe half the crap he campaigned on, he couldn't support Clinton if he had a gun to his head. She represents just about everything he is against, but when push comes to shove, when it's winning that matters, Bernie just gives up everything he believes in for the sake of victory. While painting himself as different from the rest of the usual politicians, in the end, he goes along to get along, just like everyone else. Well, not quite...

Maybe we can be generous and say he started a movement that will reach fruition only when a better man than he leads it? And could we say the same about Trump?

As long as 90% of the USA thinks that there are only 2 parties, you stay screwed.

And Trump. Well. I don't know. In the end he has that GOP nomination and if he seems likely to win, the party members will lick the golden hairs in his asscrack anyway.

As long as 90% of the USA thinks that there are only 2 parties, you stay screwed.

And Trump. Well. I don't know. In the end he has that GOP nomination and if he seems likely to win, the party members will lick the golden hairs in his asscrack anyway.

Everybody thinks he is going to beat Clinton easily. Lots don't trust her, but I don't think he is going to win easily like he thinks. The Dems ALWAYS win the northeast like NY, MA; and they have won CA since 1988. Alot of people think TX is going to go blue soon too. Unless Trump can win NY and CA I don't think he'll win the election.

Why? The internet's always been full of crap, this is nothing new.

James Comey was employed in a non-executive role to offer security advice to HSBC Holdings' Financial Vulnerabilities panel, a very sensible appointment on their part. He left that role in 2013 and isn't still in place (despite the article claiming that "the appointment was set to expire this year").

HSBC Holdings isn't "a Swiss Bank", that article has it very wrong.

The article then goes on an odd rant about people who have Swiss bank accounts and contribute to the Clintons' philanthropy, Michael Schumacher, Jeffrey Epstein et al... but why? If the law doesn't require them to pay tax then why should they? It seems to be a muddied attempt to somehow imply that tax havens are fraudulent so the Clintons must be too. Very odd.

Even the article writer himself ultimately says that the conclusions he draws are "tenuous".
I always find that Alex Jones is the turd of the internet. Absolutely no one but conspiracy theory nut jobs takes what he has to say with any degree of seriousness.

Bernie Sanders officially endorses Clinton.

... and that leads me to switch from Bernie to Jill. I used to think I could hold my nose and vote for Hillary. The final stages of the email story and the exposure of her lack of truthfulness killed that idea.

Americans must be looking at Britain tonight with a mixture of bemusement and sheer envy.

The 2016 US Presidential race has been underway pretty much since Obama was re-elected - this thread alone is over 16 months old and yet the race was well underway long before that... and still has over 4 months to run! Despite this, the GOP produced arguably the biggest shower of 🤬 in living memory (except perhaps for the English national football team, but I digress), and ultimately has delivered us Donald J. Trump as its candidate. The Democrats have selected a women who is struggling to fend of allegations/evidence of serious criminal behaviour and who is the wife of an impeached former President who himself brazenly lied to the nation, despite splashes of DNA evidence (and presumably a dry-cleaning bill) to the contrary.

Meanwhile, here in the UK, we get a new Prime Minister without even having to vote! Not only that, even her own party didn't have to vote for her!! Basically, the outgoing PM said he was leaving midweek and that the job/house/cat were hers if she wanted them 👍 And yet, though not a great fan of the Tories or of Theresa May myself, one would be hard-pressed to say that she was anything like as hideous a leader as the US presidential race has offered up to the American people... democracy is a bitch!!

Last edited:
Meanwhile, here in the UK, we get a new Prime Minister without even having to vote! Not only that, even her own party didn't have to vote for her!! Basically, the outgoing PM said he was leaving midweek and that the job/house/cat were hers if she wanted them 👍 And yet, though not a great fan of the Tories or of Theresa May myself, one would be hard-pressed to say that she was anything like as hideous a leader as the US presidential race has offered up to the American people... democracy is a bitch!!
A bloodless coup, but I seriously doubt that you would be saying that if Boris Johnson would have stepped up and became PM.

Making him just another politician.

I do think he did some good that most politicians don't do, he did get people excited about a candidate and actively had people who couldn't care any less about election actually caring. He also showed the voter fraud that goes on during primaries and how it's essentially rigged from the get go.

While I don't think he's the Jesus that his supporters made him out to be, I can't fault him for helping a group of Americans wake up and take notice with who's campaigning to run the country.

??? Boris Johnson was talked about in American media to be the next in line for PM.
He was, but he stepped down before the leadership contest officially started, which May officially won unopposed. Johnson, however, has been rewarded with one of the top jobs in May's new cabinet - but it is still something of a shock.

Johnson couldn't have won the leadership unopposed, but he may well have won had he stood in the leadership race - that said, he was shafted by Michael Gove (fellow Brexit campaigner and senior cabinet minister (which BJ wasn't)) who basically told Johnson that he was not up to the job... Johnson then quit, and Gove ran for leader, only to be trounced by May in the first (and only) round of voting. All but one candidate for leader then endorsed May (including Gove) and basically forced the last remaining opponent to drop out before the leadership vote could take place, meaning May won the leadership race (and the keys to No. 10) unopposed.

That's him selling out more like it. If Bernie believe half the crap he campaigned on, he couldn't support Clinton if he had a gun to his head. She represents just about everything he is against, but when push comes to shove, when it's winning that matters, Bernie just gives up everything he believes in for the sake of victory. While painting himself as different from the rest of the usual politicians, in the end, he goes along to get along, just like everyone else. Well, not quite...

Doing what he can to make sure our country doesn't get tossed into the dumpster fire of a Trump presidency is not selling out. He saw that he no longer had a way to win, and he endorsed the candidate that, of the two still standing, more closely aligns with his views. Why should he be expected to do anything other than that?

--

Everybody thinks he is going to beat Clinton easily.

Citation very much needed.

Doing what he can to make sure our country doesn't get tossed into the dumpster fire of a Trump presidency is not selling out. He saw that he no longer had a way to win, and he endorsed the candidate that, of the two still standing, more closely aligns with his views. Why should he be expected to do anything other than that?
Can't tell if that's a serious question or not. You really can't think of an alternative?

Can't tell if that's a serious question or not. You really can't think of an alternative?

I can.

Run as an independent. Keep sending his message until November. Keep shaking up the established parties.

I'm not even a US citizen and think that Bernie is nothing but a sellout. A couple of months ago he was telling the US people that he didn't see a President in Clinton, and now he's kissing the Clinton vajayjay.

He should come clean about what he was promised for his endorsement.

I can.

Run as an independent. Keep sending his message until November. Keep shaking up the established parties.

I'm not even a US citizen and think that Bernie is nothing but a sellout. A couple of months ago he was telling the US people that he didn't see a President in Clinton, and now he's kissing the Clinton vajayjay.

He should come clean about what he was promised for his endorsement.

As Otto von Bismarck succinctly put it:

“Politics is the art of the possible, the attainable — the art of the next best”

If Sanders ran as an independent there would be a strong likelihood that Trump would win the Presidency, possibly leaving the GOP in control of the White House, the Senate & the House ... & also choosing one or even several, Supreme Curt justices. This would be a disaster for the causes that Bernie believes in. Sanders running as an independent might provide some sort of catharsis for the left wing of the Democratic party, but it practical terms would destroy any chance of advancing progressive policies. What's so hard to understand about that?

What he was promised for his endorsement? Possibly some kind of assurance that Clinton would push forward some of the agenda Sander was promoting.

It's funny when people think a 3rd party can win under first past the post, it's designed to be a 2 party system.

Running a strong 3rd party campaign won't win but insures defeat of one of the 2 main parties that are closer aligned, which deters it from happening again.

Reactions: DK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back