Poll: Vettel Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kingsly
  • 67 comments
  • 4,824 views

How far?

  • I don't have it yet. :(

    Votes: 55 24.9%
  • Bronze and I give up on the others.

    Votes: 79 35.7%
  • Bronze and working on silver.

    Votes: 42 19.0%
  • Silver

    Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Gold For All, I beat it!!!!!!

    Votes: 36 16.3%

  • Total voters
    221
Using a DS3 I've golded Monza easily cutting chicanes of course. I missed the gold on Nurburgring by 0.009 seconds! I have silver on Suzuka but will give it another go after I get the gold on Nurburgring.
 
I am missing: I can't for the life of god keep the bloody car on the road and gave up on even getting Bronze in it.

Who needs an X2010, anyway...?
 
I have bronze on the first two but gave up on the last one after 3 hours of trying
 
I am missing: I can't for the life of god keep the bloody car on the road and gave up on even getting Bronze in it.

Who needs an X2010, anyway...?

Really? Not trying to be rude or anything so don't take it the wrong way. To get Bronze all you have to do is basically coast and try and stay on the track.
 
I allready have 3 x1s so I'm not that bothered but if gt5 would just let me tune the x1 I'd beat it easily the problem with it is it relies on being a sucker car way too much so if 1 wheel goes off a bit you lose allmost all of your downforce and, if you're accelerating out of a corner, tend to spin out aswell as the transmission settings being all wrong for the tracks
 
I struggled on that challenge,too....after 4 hours i got bronze in all three...didn't care too much for silver or gold as long as i got an X1....
 
Really? Not trying to be rude or anything so don't take it the wrong way. To get Bronze all you have to do is basically coast and try and stay on the track.

Don't worry, I won't take it the wrong way. I just think my reactions are not what they used to be, the longer I play racing games, the more I enjoy driving slow cars in it. I am just not fast enough to keep the car on the road, and I know that if I would get Bronze I would have a car that I'd never use (like the FGT, Minolta etc). I'm happy going for 350-500PP, that's what I like.
 
Don't worry, I won't take it the wrong way. I just think my reactions are not what they used to be, the longer I play racing games, the more I enjoy driving slow cars in it. I am just not fast enough to keep the car on the road, and I know that if I would get Bronze I would have a car that I'd never use (like the FGT, Minolta etc). I'm happy going for 350-500PP, that's what I like.

Good for you. That is a very good point if you use the x2010, you will never use slower cars again. Everything else other than the x2010 feels like a brick lol. Yeah I guess it would ruin the experience.
 
Last edited:
One Bronze at Monza; gave up for now, may re-visit?
 
Bronze with the DS3, may be possible to get the silver. A tiny possibility to get a gold, it's probably doable with lots of practise. But I just do not have the time.
 
All bronze . Still need gold for the last rally at the Grand tour. if i get that i gonna go do the Vettel challenge. not for the x1. but so i can get a platina thropie .
 
I'm 1 9 hour Tsukuba away from level 35 B-Spec and the free X-1, so I'm figuring on practicing with the car for a bit before trying the challenge again. The car is so far from being a normal car that I just can't control it with my DS3. If I try to go fast enough to get a bronze, I go off the track too much. If I keep it on the track, I'm too slow. I hate challenges that require practice, but you can't practice if you don't have access to the car.

I can guarantee that I will not be using this car when I get it, Bob will enjoy it. I love the FGT and other fast cars like the Minolta. I can control them without any frustration, but the X-1 can take a dive off a cliff (as I read in another thread) and I would be cheering the explosion! It would be a beautiful sight!! :drool: 👍
 
Bronzed them a while ago, not going for gold until I get a wheel and with that gold I'll get Gold Standard and Platinum.
 
I take my hat off to anyone who has golded these races, I've had a really quick try and that car is just too fast and jerky, I do want an x1 for grinding but I'm going the lv 35 B spec route.

I bet someone somewhere has gotten so fustrated over it that they've got up from their chair, took a hold of their TV, ripped it off its stand and smashed it against the wall.

Seriously.
 
They should not have required this for the Platinum trophy, especially with it being virtually impossible without a wheel. I'm sure they're the only events many people are missing to have all gold and the platinum trophy. They can say it's built on real-life physics and they could build the car to function as it does in the game. I say until they do, and it can run the game times on the real-world corses that are in this game, remove this silly requirement from the platinum trophy requirements.

It also locks most people out of having the "complete" car collection if they didn't cheat the trade system early on in the game's release to get the Prototype. They should just remove the silly trade requirements since it greatly benefited the early players and the damage is already done. There are numerous threads on that, so I won't get any further into it.
 
I've got a Carbon from a trade and a S. Vettel from b spec lvl 35. Don't really have an interest in them right now. Not really all that much fun IMHO driving the thing.. its cool and whatnot, but I'll let my Bobs use it :)
 
Well, I haven't participated in the poll because I have one Gold, one Silver and one Bronce Trophy, so where should I vote?
 
Well, I haven't participated in the poll because I have one Gold, one Silver and one Bronce Trophy, so where should I vote?

One of the bronzes then. Silver would be if you have all silver.
 
Bronzed them with a DS3 and then took a breather for a month. Went back and worked on Monza for an hour. I was getting decent times between 1 min 1 sec and 1 min 4 seconds on first lap but kept peetering out on the second lap. I've decided that although I can gold Monza, bronze with the DS3 is all I'm probably ever going to get on the other two tracks, so I'm done.

Now my X2010 is on loan to my Bob, who will abuse it as he is wont to do. If only he could use it on Historic at Cote...
 
I have them all gold but only as a result of my wife's encouragement. Being 40 something with a young family, GT-time is mostly from 11PM to 1AM to 3AM followed by a full time day-job :boggled:.

Level 30 came racing the hard way and brought excitement and dread at the same time - I knew what was waiting for me from the forums! I also knew how hard the AMG SLS, Eiger Nordwald (Grand Tour) and some of the licenses were!! :nervous:

Bronze came fairly easy on April Fools in one sitting, 2 or 3 hours, which gave me the X2010 for practice and a ranking of difficulty for the three tracks. I decided to do them Nurburgring -> Suzuka -> Monza.

I went to youTube and studied the tracks making notes and gear selections - I cannot afford to spend the time working these out.

I got stuck into Nurburgring and behold after 4 days I got a lucky gold = lots of shouting, cheers and jumping up & down waking the whole household and the dead for that matter :D.

Then came Suzuka which nearly broke me. After a week I was running the sector times but couldn't string them together. Eventually at 3AM one Saturday night I exploded and vowed to stop playing GT for ever :mad:. Luckily my wife talked me back into it. She even took our 3 toddlers on a family visit and left me alone with GT5 the X2010 and Suzuka. :nervous:. Suddenly I started running incredible sector times, well within the gold standard, but the adrenalin rush was too much for a clean second lap.. . . . so close yet so far. Time-out to cool down and take a relaxing refreshment :sly: Then suddenly I was on Vettel's tail after Lap 1 at 1:05.5(something) and the adrenaline poured into my system again. The S's, Degner and the Hairpin came and went without incident and I am closer. Try to relax a bit and focus on spoon not on Vettel right in front of me = CHECK! I am not the best through Casino but this time it stuck and the finish line came just behind Vettel. PAUSE, why is taking so long to load the next screen. . . . . and there it was GOLD at 2:09.996. No jumping or shouting, just unbelief followed by relief followed by exhaustion. It was over and I survived 10 days of driving hell by night and walking like a Zombie by day.

After all of that, Monza came in 2 hours.

Was it worth it - ABSOLUTELY!!! Now I just need to re-learn how to drive again.

For the Vettel challenge I used a DFGT wheel with no FFB, Manual, ABS = 10, SRF ON.

Good luck to those still fighting and well done to those who have conquered.


At least there is still a standard that cannot be cheated in GT5!
 
Golded them with a G25...
Started with the easiest one (Monza), then a difficult one (Nurburgring), finally the impossible one (Suzuka).
Suzuka took me about 8 or 9 hours of practice...
Great track, but it's hard to stay focused for 2 laps.
All aids off, except for ABS-1 and slip recovery.
 
Last edited:
I got Bronze, I will stick with Bronze. I was happy to just get it over and done with after an hour and a quarter of trying in one session.
 
I've started over but had Bronze at Monza after about 5 tries. It's a tough car to learn but when I get back there I'll keep grinding and plan to achieve Gold! Why? I plan on having a lot of experience with it (online, practice, A spec) even after 6 comes out.
 
I just unlocked the challenge yesterday. Don't like it-no sir, not one bit. I'm so used to all my other cars, I'm having a helluva time trying to get used to the car. Hell, I can't even finish a lap without going off the track!
 
I have bronze in the 1st two but am still struggling on suzuka. I'm not using a wheel though, and some people may find it easier than others but i won't stop untill i get the last one, even if i never get gold or silver
 
I can't be bothered after stressing myself to do my dads ones which I bronzed the ring, silvered monza and bronzed suzuka too :/
 
All Gold using DFGT. Had to turn off the power to the wheel though, helped alot!
 
Back