Poll: Vettel Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kingsly
  • 67 comments
  • 4,824 views

How far?

  • I don't have it yet. :(

    Votes: 55 24.9%
  • Bronze and I give up on the others.

    Votes: 79 35.7%
  • Bronze and working on silver.

    Votes: 42 19.0%
  • Silver

    Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Gold For All, I beat it!!!!!!

    Votes: 36 16.3%

  • Total voters
    221
Got gold with all the events a while back, using a G27 wheel. Took a few hours to master the racing lines and put together the 2 laps. Most of the time I was fast enough to achieve gold but would make a mistake causing me to fail. Eventually i got consistant enough that i could pull off 2 laps without freaking out on the 2nd lap.
 
I got hold of an X1 - used for grinding, then won another for reaching level 35
But to be honset, I enjoy driving other cars far more than trying to master the X1

Maybe cause I use a DS3? When playing - I tend to use a variety of cars on the seasonals though. RM Capp is my current favourite, also enjoyed the RM Camaro for the classics one
 
All golds using DS3.

SRF: On, Steering Sensitivity: 7, everything else off, using Right analog throttle.

Nurby: 2:07.646
Monza: 2:03.224
Suzuka: 2.09.956

Unfortunately, I don't have the replays, so this is the best proof I can provide:
otoyg2.jpg
 
I had nightmares for not completing this challenge,at work I had only one thing on my mind to finish this challenge.One of the most immersive experiences of my GT life.I felt like my life is not complete unless I nail this challenge.I used DFGT and golded all of them.Monza is a piece of cake,nurburgring is mediocre and suzuka is just a total committment.In the end I golded suzuka,monza and the nurburgring.


Took me about 3 hours all together for all three tracks.Its not that hard.
 
All bronze using DS3, manual, nose cone view and no assists. Not going to bother trying for silver, spent god knows how many hours getting bronze on suzuka!
 
I got all bronze using DS3 before it got easy, then I was able to get Silver-Gold-Silver after that. Have all but given up on it now, have a go every now & then but not very often.
 
All bronze using DS3, in-car view "that's all I use". I will go for gold when I hook my new T500rs up. It came yesterday just lagging on and making a PVC cockpit.
 
I have Bronzed it twice with DS3
Once at my mates and once at mine.
I am 1.6 seconds off Silver at Monza.
 
If it can help gear speed on nurb'( r right/ l left / + full throttle):

. r1+ 4 l2 4 l2- r2+ 5 l4+ r2+ 5 r2 l4+ r5+ 6 l3 r3+ 6 l1 r1+ 3 r2
. lap time ~1'04"200/1'03"100

Gear speed on suzuka:

. r4 r3 4 l4 r4- l4+ r3+ l4+ 6 r5+ r2+ 4 l1+ 6 l4 l3+ 6 r1 l2
. lap time ~1'05"/1'04'700
 
There's no option for "didn't bother" so I didn't vote. I have it unlocked, but I'm skipping the frustration because I have DS3 and I don't want to get a headache whipping that thing around tracks all day just to get bronze. If I had a racing wheel, I'd attempt to go for gold for sure.
 
I just got to level 30 last night and tried monza a couple times and well I failed miserablly. My best time was 5 seconds off of bronze. Im (as you can tell) an average driver at best and use a ds3. Any tips for me on these races?
 
I tried once with the DS3....restarted about 4 times and exited.....dont plan on ever trying again, to me its not worth getting frustrated over a game, nor spending 4+ hrs at minimum working on each track to just have a trophy. Have the free B-Spec car and dont use it now, my garage will just be short 2 specific totally unrealistic and useless cars
 
I tried once with the DS3....restarted about 4 times and exited.....dont plan on ever trying again, to me its not worth getting frustrated over a game, nor spending 4+ hrs at minimum working on each track to just have a trophy. Have the free B-Spec car and dont use it now, my garage will just be short 2 specific totally unrealistic and useless cars

Agreed. 👍
 
Looking to move up to all golds, likely this w/end. It took me a while to get used to the car once I got it (a month or so ago), and once I worked out the best sensitivity setting on the G27 for it. I don't use the car often so took a while to get used to its 'stickability' on corners.

Now it is just a case of putting experience and knowledge into practice :lol:
 
Got Bronze in all three within 10mins of unlocking, never tried at the others since i got the X1 2010, happy with it as it is. :) ie, for grinding. :)
 
Hell with that challenge! It was not meant for DS3!
 
bronzed it early with DFGT before they changed it to make it easier and it was still called X1, good enough for me and I traded for a carbon before the restriction too so I'm happy lol
 
Got the car within an hour under the new patch with the higher lap times and haven't opened it since and probably won't. Too arcadish for me.
 
Got all bronze, now using the Vettel X2010 to get B-Spec lvl 35 to get another
 
All silver after like 5 hours. Grinding now for some extra money etc.
With DS3 BTW. It's possible.
 
Last edited:
(using Logitech Driving Force Pro) (ABS-2, SRF ON)

I unlocked it by grinding on Indy on 26th of December... The excitement was huge, I couldn't wait to drive that thing... I started the challenge and OMG my face droped :drool:... I never drove on a track that quickly, seriously not even in a arcade game, my eyes couldn't keep up...

And there it was, first corner on Monza - CRASH... Challenge Failed... Second Time, CRASH and failed... but after 10mins I got bronze...

30 minutes later bronze on all three... :sly: I was feeling good... :)
Next day I went for silver - 1hour and done...

Later in the day went for All Gold... Monza and Nurburgring went nicely, not a lot of shouting, about 1hour, it was all good... until I got to Suzuka...

I seriously wanted to pick up my TV and throw it out the window... :nervous:
Sectors were good but but not on the same lap... I crashed on the last corner of the second lap, around 10times, running out wide, I was terrible...

On one lap I was amazing :dopey: :crazy:, no mistakes, every gear change was was smooth and right, no over-revving they were amazing two laps... I finally got GOLD!!!

I loved the challenge so much I started the game on a new account and got to level 28 A-spec, just 600,000XP and I'll be able to do the challenge again :)
 
I just dropped my time down to 2:08.5 on monza, in auto. Feeling a lot more confident for at least silver (with 6axis)
 
After they raised the times for bronze and a lot of practice and experience now, I was able to achieve bronze quite easily but I'm still far away from silver and have absolutely no idea how I am supposed to achieve that ...
 
all gold after I-don't-know-how-many tries using a wheel. In both my main and secondary accounts, to be sure it wasn't just good luck. Now I think it was fun, but I felt some frustration while I was at it, particularly after reading those posts telling they managed it after only few attempts.

"push, push, push... if you are improving, you are still on the good way" was in my mind for day and night. Now I have two prototypes sitting in both garages. I don't know what to do with them, but that's another story.
 
Arent there enough pools/informations about the X1 challenge?????????????
 
Arent there enough pools/informations about the X1 challenge?????????????

This is quite an old thread... First post is 15th April.

Anyway, I have two golds and one silver at Suzuka, which I can't be bothered to do.
 
This Vettel challenge sounds rock, looking forward to giving it a crack
 
Back