POLL: Vibrating Needles at high speed

What do you think PD should do with the high-speed vibration feature in GT4P?

• Keep it, it adds to the realism!!

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Keep it, but turn it down, it's too strong!

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Keep it, but make it turn-offable!

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Bin it! I hate it!

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
I say...
Keep it, but make it turn-offable!
or
Keep it, it adds to the realism!!
Couldn't choose so I voted for : Keep it, but make it turn-offable!

Hmmm, it's early days but after only three hours a 5-1-1 vote seems to set a trend going. I'll wait and see what the end result is though...

i absolutely hate it so get it off! before i was thinking turn-off but ive just played prologue again and it makes it rediculously crap! wish i could hear the smooth topped out engine of the gt40.....

Yeah, it does really bug me too. As for my vote, well i stand by keeping it since it oesn;t bug me enough to warrant losing it, but it is annoying. I'm sure the folks at codejunkies could take care of it anyway. ;-)

squeek
and why mate? i cant see why people would wanna keep vibrating in gt4, are there any positive sides to it?

I've said it before, but here is my post from the last thread on this subject.

"The effect is a realistic one, its a combination of high downforce in a light car with a stiff suspension set-up. Hence the reason its occuring at speed for the NSX, F1 and GT.

The SL55, M5, etc don't suffer from it due to softer spring settings, higher weight and much lower downforce.

Anyone with a copy of 'In-car 956' should check out the laps of Fuji in a Porsche 956, the same effect can be seen in the car (massive vibration and the car bottoming out in places) and Derek Bell can clearly be seen fighting to keep the car straight.

Its even more apparent on the laps of the Nurburgring (main straight) and Le Mans (Mulsane straight).

It should be included in GT4 and I for one will be very p**sed off if its not. You want high cornering speeds from high downforce and stiffer suspension then take the trade off in straight line stability; if not lower the downforce and soften the suspension for higher and more stable speeds on the straights."

The vibrating needles ties in with this, just watch any in-car footage of cars at high speed and the vibrations will affect the instruments.

Its a personal view (aren't they all) but for me it adds realism to the game. Most people want realistic handling, intellegent AI, etc; in my view the high speed stability issues with high downforce cars and needles vibrating at high speed is an integral part of this.

Back