Poll : what about Kaz?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fredyellowone
  • 86 comments
  • 3,808 views

What should be the future of Kaz with Gran Turismo series?

  • Who is Kaz?

    Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Kaz should find a new job ASAP.

    Votes: 27 18.8%
  • I like the guy. He is doing so much for the franchise right now.

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • I think he should stay as a consultant for the series. Part time if possible.

    Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Kaz is my hero. And I hope he will be with GT series forever.

    Votes: 40 27.8%

  • Total voters
    144
Well, it's just Kaz.

I don't wanna turn on my satirical self yet. I'm recovering.
 
My poll suggests nothing more that what's written in the title. I was curious about the feelings of GTplanet members on the aforementioned subject. That's why I used the poll format.

You should learn to read, and stop making assumptions.

I should not. (and thanks, but I read quite well) Your poll suggests as much. You should grow up. (Two can play that game chum)
 
I should not. (and thanks, but I read quite well) Your poll suggests as much. You should grow up. (Two can play that game chum)

Of course. But the difference is that YOU ARE THE ONE making the assumptions, not me.
 
I should not. (and thanks, but I read quite well) Your poll suggests as much. You should grow up. (Two can play that game chum)
Of course. But the difference is that YOU ARE THE ONE making the assumptions, not me.
You kids are fighting over a Man, STAHP.
 
Who's Kaz?
 
Of course I'm fighting. That guy is trying to tell me WHY I wrote that poll. Kinda strange behavior because I think I'm in a good position to know why I did it.
You know why you did it. Forget him and let him fight over a man alone.

@xiando you're the one coming off as an adolescent right now.
 
If he really doesn't want to put damage in the game just because he had an accident once, he should probably quit.
 
Last edited:
You know why you did it. Forget him and let him fight over a man alone.

@xiando you're the one coming off as an adolescent right now.
@sparkytooth, If you say so. Honestly, it makes no difference to me what you think of me. You don't know me in real life, and if you're of the same mindset as the OP, then I doubt I'd want to know you in real life. Meh no loss.
 
@sparkytooth, If you say so. Honestly, it makes no difference to me what you think of me. You don't know me in real life, and if you're of the same mindset as the OP, then I doubt I'd want to know you in real life. Meh no loss.
You're getting whatever you can get into a twist over a sarcastic thread made partially for fun. Your loss.
 
@sparkytooth, If you say so. Honestly, it makes no difference to me what you think of me. You don't know me in real life, and if you're of the same mindset as the OP, then I doubt I'd want to know you in real life. Meh no loss.
Very childish response, you're clearly looking to argue for no real good reason. It's quite clear you do care what ppl think as you must rush back & reply each time. Only making you look all the more childish. Give up the ghost and walk away.. Your pointless point was made quite sometime ago.
Now it's ignorant defense and trolling!
 
If he really doesn't want to put damage in the game just because he had an accident once, he should probably quit.

That's clever but not the reason as I'm sure you're aware. I believe they want to reserve assets for physics and feedback, graphic fidelity and stabalisation. Technically there is damage in the game (albeit, not exactly all realistic) but that is not something you want in a RL race unless you're running trophy trucks in a circuit or desert, sprint cars, or roller derby, or are a spectator of NASCAR who wants to see a huge pile of metal rubber and drivers come together from time to time. Inevitably if we had something truly like that in the "Real Driving Simulator" (on consoles) then people would gripe about the crash itself, and the physics of the crash, and if the car is still driveable, if the pilot is alive or dead from the impact? Does an airlife helicopter and ADAC/AAA services emergency vehicles have to come out onto the track and be scripted? Do the emergency vehicles/workers have to have their own AI in order to avoid obstacles on the track to get to the distressed vehicles? Would we need to have scripted cautions? Why not? It would go on and on...

There are limitations on the PS3 in regard to implementing properly rendered damage; who knows, you may get your wish (maybe even if partial) once GT's are released on the very powerful PS4.

There is however, aesthetic degradation and plenty of it from what I've seen. For instance, I watched my gf whip an Integra R around Brand's Hatch yesterday in a test drive free run from the garage and after 35 minutes of trying to top her time, that little car looked well driven. There was dirt and exhaust burn along the rear deck and bumpers, dirt on the hood and part of the left fender was starting to wiggle loose. You'll find big crashes and crash "special effects" in Burnout and other similar racers but hopefully never in GT's imho.
 
Very childish response, you're clearly looking to argue for no real good reason. It's quite clear you do care what ppl think as you must rush back & reply each time. Only making you look all the more childish. Give up the ghost and walk away.. Your pointless point was made quite sometime ago.
Now it's ignorant defense and trolling!

Actually, I don't. But I will keep replying each time you quote me or address me directly, since I get psot reminders in my inbox. Stop responding and I will too.
 
JMR450, I'm fully aware of that, but this gAmeR delusion that somehow a vote of a tiny fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the games' licensees is going to force the company's originator and owner into retirement or handing off his company to someone else is a joke at best. Hence the term "delusion".

I find it almost humorous (if it wasn't so pathetically sad how absurdly hebophrenic - presuming they're not actually children - that some people have become over the past few years) thatpeople think that they have power beyond what they actually have. You have to power of your wallet. So then use it if you don't like the game. Walk away. I doubt that you will though.

Just looks to me another in a long list of Whine&Jeez threads posted by the same characters over and over.

I find it amusing how the fanboys on this forum refuse to accept that many of the members on this site are informed and educated consumers. The power of the wallet as you said, is a very powerful weapon and it can and has caused the demise of many franchises.This franchise is losing consumers as evidenced by the lower sales figures and the increase in complaints about the franchise.

Kaz can stick with this as long as he wants; my point is this and it is well documented - The GT franchise has failed to reach its true potential and unfortunately at some point it will lack the interest it once had for those of us who have owned each title and watched it evolve.

Idiots try to lower the depth of the conversation to black and white but unfortunately for them this world is very grey. I will clearly explain this next point. We can play the game but still be disappointed it has not reached its true potential, that does mean we will not play, but it means our tolerance for the slow development of this title is growing short. At this point, GT7 will not be on my list. If many are like me, then the low sales figures will become even lower, and that could harm the franchise a great deal.
 
My poll suggests nothing more that what's written in the title. I was curious about the feelings of GTplanet members on the aforementioned subject. That's why I used the poll format.

You should learn to read, and stop making assumptions.
The pole suggests that the fanboys are happy but second to the educated consumers who want a different decision maker guiding the franchise and Kaz can consult on the game as needed.
 
Lol, 55 of how many licenses? That poll has no statistical relevance. Especially in a targeted poll that either offers

a) I'm clueless
b) fire him
c) since you can't fire him, demand he only come in once and a while
d) I'm a fanboy.

This is what's known as a biased poll. Apparently many of you "educated consumers" are also propagandists, which indeed is why I responded in the first place.
 
Ahh gee, I didn't know this thread was for fun, but does seem rather serious at the same time... Even so, I don't want Kaz fired. However, I do want him improving things.

I feel that this thread was made to identify who's a fanboy or not.
 
@JMR450

upload_2014-1-10_18-31-53.png


This table speaks for itself. Sales have never been a problem for GT, to say the least. Even if GT6 tanks and only sells HALF the units of GT2, that is still roughly equivalent to the sales for Forza 4 (4.12 million). And I am being generous with my definition of "roughly equivalent".
 

Attachments

  • upload_2014-1-10_18-31-41.png
    upload_2014-1-10_18-31-41.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 2
@JMR450

View attachment 97711

This table speaks for itself. Sales have never been a problem for GT, to say the least. Even if GT6 tanks and only sells HALF the units of GT2, that is still roughly equivalent to the sales for Forza 4 (4.12 million). And I am being generous with my definition of "roughly equivalent".

Yes it does speak for itself, the sales for GT5 were down since GT3, and you neglected to place any sales info for GT6. My point on sales numbers are that they are waning and I am correct. i don't know what the production costs were for each game, if we knew that then we could calculate the profit margin and if that too is waning , then the franchise will live on until it is no longer profitable and that could be soon. The only thing we cant predict is new consumers in an age group who are introduced to GT6 for the first time and they may carry sales of GT7. But losing a million sales or more ($4 million) after GT4, is not positive at all.
 
Lol, 55 of how many licenses? That poll has no statistical relevance. Especially in a targeted poll that either offers

a) I'm clueless
b) fire him
c) since you can't fire him, demand he only come in once and a while
d) I'm a fanboy.

This is what's known as a biased poll. Apparently many of you "educated consumers" are also propagandists, which indeed is why I responded in the first place.

What are you referring to? 55 licences. I don't understand your angle. :dunce:
 
Like it or not, Kazunori Yamauchi IS Gran Turismo. He invented the concept and created Polyhpony Digital. Polyphony can't sack him, end of the story.

And besides, Gran Turismo is his brainchild. As long as his vision of a great car game pleases me I'll keep paying 70€ every three or so years to his company. When this vision will diverge significantly from mine, I'll just stop buying Gran Turismo games. But I don't see that happening soon - as long as he'll keep not listening to people on this forum and GT games will continue to feature the Suzuki Cappuccino and other similar gems, I think I'll go along fine with his games.

P.S: sales of Gran Turismo may be declining, but you have to factor a)the appearance of Forza, which of course has captured a bit of what used to be Gran Turismo audience and b)that GT5 is still the second best-selling game for the PS3 - sale figures are still ridiculously huge for a quasi-simulative car game.
 
But I don't see that happening soon - as long as he'll keep not listening to people on this forum and GT games will continue to feature the Suzuki Cappuccino and other similar gems, I think I'll go along fine with his games.

That's not always a bad thing, you know.
 
That's not always a bad thing, you know.

I agree. But in this case, I doubt that adding damage, a proper hood view, mechanical failures and working on the career mode to make it more exciting would be a bad thing. (and A.I.)

Those are just a few examples.
 
I agree. But in this case, I doubt that adding damage, a proper hood view, mechanical failures and working on the career mode to make it more exciting would be a bad thing. (and A.I.)

Those are just a few examples.

With that I can agree; however, we've already seen in GT5 that Polyphony's more than willing to fix those little things, and I would expect them to keep making minute corrections to GT6 until GT7 will come out.

But many here would like Gran Turismo to become yet another bland "racing simulator" just because they picked the PS3 as their gaming platform and are too lazy/don't have the money to move to PC or to that other console made in the US. And that pisses me off; Gran Turismo is a unique game that offers an unique experience; it's basically Pokèmon with cars and a posh finishing.
 
With that I can agree; however, we've already seen in GT5 that Polyphony's more than willing to fix those little things, and I would expect them to keep making minute corrections to GT6 until GT7 will come out.

But many here would like Gran Turismo to become yet another bland "racing simulator" just because they picked the PS3 as their gaming platform and are too lazy/don't have the money to move to PC or to that other console made in the US. And that pisses me off; Gran Turismo is a unique game that offers an unique experience; it's basically Pokèmon with cars and a posh finishing.

I'm sure it is possible to make you happy, and people like me happy. It's just about little things, you know. Little things that could really change the experience for the better. But unfortunately, those little things, problems as I call them; been there since ages, with no sign at all that Kaz want to fix them.

And trust me, if there is something I don't want; is for GT series to become something else. I don't want it to get a downfall in sales either.

I'm just trying - and many people like me are also trying - to say : "Hey Kaz... Why do you keep forgetting about us"?
 
Of course, since the series is his baby and he's been at the forefront of its development for so long, he pretty much can't be fired.

That said, I think he needs to decide for himself to step aside and let someone else take the reins. Kaz has shown with GT5 and now 6 that he's hesitant to adapt to modern trends and said trends are ones that Gran Turismo needs to be on top of to stay...well, I can't say "relevant" since it'll probably sell well regardless of what any of us say but it needs to adapt in order to get ahead of the curve.

I think he's accomplished all he really wants to accomplish with the Gran Turismo series and is just coasting at this point, with actual motorsport and racing being his new passion. I say he needs to just devote himself to his racing and maybe stay on as a consultant for future titles but not much more than that. If he doesn't, I think the series is just going to keep spinning its wheels.
 
Last edited:
Of course, since the series is pretty much his baby and he's been at the forefront of its development for so long, he pretty much can't be fired.

That said, I think he needs to decide for himself to step aside and let someone else take the reins. Kaz has shown with GT5 and now 6 that he's hesitant to adapt to modern trends and said trends are ones that Gran Turismo needs to be on top of to stay...well, I can't say "relevant" since it'll probably sell well regardless of what any of us say but it needs to adapt in order to get ahead of the curve.

I think he's accomplished all he really wants to accomplish with the Gran Turismo series and is just coasting at this point, with actual motorsport and racing being his new passion. I say he needs to just devote himself to his racing and maybe stay on as a consultant for future titles but not much more than that. If he doesn't, I think the series is just going to keep spinning its wheels.

I'll be honest, you said with good words EXACTLY what I am thinking right now. For that, I thank you very much.
 
Back