Poll: What aid-tools in sport mode should be allowed ?

What is your wish regarding to aid-tools used in sport mod and do you want it to change ?

• Total voters
Netherlands
Netherlands
Because there are a lot of discussion threads in this forum, all around, a poll would be a nice idea to get an overview of what is really going on and what are the wishes of most people here regarding the aid-driving tools.

It is intended for poll purpose only. Not a general discussion because there have been multiple threads already about different themes. Feel free to discuss your choice of course if you feel necessary.

The poll question consists of 2 questions. So make sure you answer both questions ! Because you can cast 2 votes.

1. What is your wish regarding to aid-tools used in sport mode (so not single player)
2. Do you want it to be changed ? If yes, in full sport mode or only in FIA ?

If you drive with a steering wheel chose the SW option, if you drive with a controller, chose the DS4 option.

So dont forget to answer the 2nd question at the end ! Please give 2 votes !

After the 2nd question I have added some additional questions that have been requested and which I did not think off. Please feel free to let me know if you miss something relevant.

Last edited:
I added this option drwal44. Too bad it changed the lay-out. We did not think of this option sorry. The poll questions were discussed in another thread a little. Feel free to let me know if I should add more options if necessary.

I can see not all people are answering the 2nd question which is important. Please answer both questions if you already chose to vote.

The poll titel has a mistake. Sport mod should be sport mode. I cant see where to change the poll title sorry. I can edit the thread title only.

Last edited:
I voted to allow everything and open to change.

I do not care what aids someone uses. If it makes the game more enjoyable for them and makes the racing competitive, I am for it. I do believe it could alienate people if you make drastic changes now.

Last edited:
Keep all the assists available and I don't want PD to change things. 99% DS4 and ABS. I'd like to keep my options open on TC for the more difficult, hard tire shod road cars though.

It's no skin off my nose what assists people choose to use but it's galling that the people who don't use them want to remove the option for the people that do.

TC, ASM and ABS are fine.
I use ABS and TC as required on both DS4 and SW. Used ASM at the start on the DS4 but soon turned it off when I realised it made me slower.
I would say authentic but ABS off is uncontrollable for me on this game.

I'd like CSA to be prohibited in sport mode entirely but would settle happily with just FIA races.

Allow everything, whatever helps other people be consistent on the track and cause less accidents.
I use DS4 with ABS weak, CSA weak, TCS 2.

There aren't enough regular players to start excluding or separating people. Once it can easily match a full SR.S room on the same DR, then it can start matching on aids and inputs. For now SR.S rooms are still plagued with bad mixes of DR.S to DR.D together.

Voted the third option. Much like the authentic settings for driving assists in Project Cars 2.

Full time in FIA races, but have different daily races for authentic settings and all assists.

Last edited:
Keep all the assists available and I don't want PD to change things. 99% DS4 and ABS. I'd like to keep my options open on TC for the more difficult, hard tire shod road cars though.

It's no skin off my nose what assists people choose to use but it's galling that the people who don't use them want to remove the option for the people that do.
This is my opinion exactly.

just have leagues with different rules.

Or what would be great is actually let us setup our own leagues.

Or what would be great is actually let us setup our own leagues.

There is a sub forum right here on GT Planet that is for that very purpose. Also the game has lobbies that allows you to admit only whom you invite.

All the tools for what you want are already in place and available to use.

There is a sub forum right here on GT Planet that is for that very purpose. Also the game has lobbies that allows you to admit only whom you invite.

All the tools for what you want are already in place and available to use.
Um,no not really. I'd like to.beable to.set up an actual league with sessions, points, etc. IN GAME...

I voted for ABS only. Not because It’s the only aid that i use, no, it’s because i think that driving with ABS only is the best compromise between actually driving properly and fast.
To understand how the Car reacts to my inputs it’s crucial that nothing interferes with it. That would even exclude ABS. I know. But that’s a smaller impact compared to the other aids like TCS, ASM or CSA. What i‘m trying to say is that if we drive with different aids, it’s almost impossible to have an equal racing experience. Equal in terms of racing lines, braking points, Corner entry and exit and that leads to the big problems when driving with a bunch of mixed settings and everybody is used to another approach. I think that’s one of the reasons why so much bad stuff is happening in Sport Mode.
I‘m not saying that any of these aids should not be used at all. But than everybody should be forced to either use the same aids or not.

I personally prefer to drive with ABS only, because it gives me the raw feedback of my inputs and I understand what happens while driving this way or that way. When I switch on an aid my Car behaves differently. I don’t learn nothing.
It’s not only about skill or becoming faster. It’s just better for all participants to drive with equal settings in terms of safety.
I‘m not saying that someone can’t be fast with turned on aids, I mean I personally am just faster without them. I don’t need them. And maybe, I could be a bit faster with CSM, but I feel no pressure to see my Name on the Leaderboard. If it happens, cool, if not, bad luck. I‘m no Alien and probably never will be but I can live with that.
Btw, sorry for my bad English my German is better :D

If you want to ban strong CSA, okay, but banning weak CSA would impact many DS4 users like me who need an extra bit to catch spins in dicey cars. Not only would it probably reduce the number of players in Sport mode (which is already extremely low), but it would make races less safe as more people crash. I do support banning ASM though, but I'm not really mad about it either way.

But I think if they're going to make any changes to aids, they need to do it for both Sport and FIA races to make it consistent. Otherwise it would just create chaotic races in FIA events because people aren't used to driving without aids.

These threads are getting tiresome about driving aids. The game has them because not everyone has the same abilities. I for example have a muscular disability and if I couldn't use driving aids then quite simply I couldn't use the game. The game is for the masses, not the elite few.

As tiresome as people calling it tiresome...

Just accept that there are people who want a different sportmanship and equality. And therefore this theme will be coming back, especially with the FIA races coming up.

For me personally I want everything off except ABS. And I dont want to get mixed with people driving with a controller. To me that is arcade and I do not like arcade games. I dont like hardcore sims as well. I am here for the fun and dont seem to have it as much when there are so many differences. And in creating an online room in the lobby I cannot block DS4.

I do understand that splitting up would cause there are not enough people online. But I dont have the numbers how many are playing with SW or DS4 to back that up. So I am not so sure. If there are thousands of players online this should not be an issue. But for me the fun is not there if I race against people who drive with all the aids and especially with a controller.

I thought this poll would give some good insights. So thanks for all the votes !

The poll is clearly favoring less aids in the game. Being just ABS or authentic. That would mean TCS and ABS in some racing cars. Also the fast majority are open for a change of rules.

Last edited:
The poll is clearly favoring less aids in the game. Being just ABS or authentic. That would mean TCS and ABS in some racing cars. Also the fast majority are open for a change of rules.

Just want to point out that probably most gt players drive with a controller and with some aid or another. Also, most people are not coming to gtplanet*.

*as they should

I thought this poll would give some good insights. So thanks for all the votes !

The only insight this poll gives is how a tiny percentage of the games user base (GTP members) feel.

Edit: zzz_pt beat me to it.

Just want to point out that probably most gt players drive with a controller and with some aid or another. Also, most people are not coming to gtplanet*.

*as they should
Plus GTP member are overall more on the serious/sim/elite side i think. Any poll here will most likely have a sim racers bias over an arcade racers bias.

That is indeed funny :)

I agree for the rest. GT planet is just a small sample. But there are a lot of people here that seem to “hate” it when someone suggests less aids and more equality and none-arcade. If you look at the threads you would think the “haters” are a bigger group. That is not the case however.

Clearly most players would like authentic aids. And almost no one seems really happy with CSA.

Last edited:
That was funny :)

I agree for the rest. But the poll speaks for itself. Clearly. Very clearly.
As I and others have pointed out, the poll only represents the GTP community which is a very small part of the games user base. It’s clear, very clear, you don’t seem to understand or want to accept that.

Edit: Just because I could, I ran yesterday’s FIA Manufactures race at Suzuka in GR3 with TC on 2, ABS default, CSA Strong, and even used an Automatic transmission. Finished 3rd in a S/S - B/S lobby. I probably spoiled everyone's fun.

Last edited:
As I and others have pointed out, the poll only represents the GTP community which is a very small part of the games user base. It’s clear, very clear, you don’t seem to understand or want to accept that.
I am on the GTP community and I am only speaking to the GTP community. So what kind of logic is this ? Why is it relevant what other people think outside of this community ? With that logic one could also say that if I made an ingame poll and the outcome would be the same, you would respond by saying that the vote is useless since there are more people out there who didnt buy this game.

And how would you know the outcome would not be the same if it would be an ingame poll ? If I would ask you before this poll you would also say the majority likes it as it is. Clearly its not. So maybe your ideas about others outside this forum are also wrong ?

It is what it is, a sample which could or could not be respresentative. But just realise that you are a pretty big minority. To me I value more people who seek this forums than gamers who do not. They will never really care what PD does. The people who do care are on fora worldwide. And this forum clearly is one of the biggest if not the biggest online. So dont downgrade this clear outcome.

Just to make clear: if the outcome was different it would not change my opinion of course. I always thought I was a minority here. But obviously I am not.

I probably spoiled everyone's fun.
It is not easy to understand that there are players who like the game on a different level is it ?

All of them. Let people race how they want.
The poll is clearly stating how voters on GTP want to race. It clearly is not how some of you thought.

Last edited:
Back