• Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
I finally figured out the right way to explain myself:

When GT5 was expected, how many "promised" delivery dates were there?

....And, with the one official delay, did PD deliver?

Yes.

So far, with 6, we merely have a statement of "We plan and expect to...."

So, no, they have NOT broken THAT promise!

Now, January and the new track..... Well,..... (shrug)

But, as for what is on the box, there has been NO statement whatsoever (!!!!) as to WHEN!!!!

So, I am happy to defend PD on that level.

Now, if they DON'T deliver at all......

Yeah, you can rip them to shreds.

I think most understood you pretty well before. But...

On our own news site prior to release U.S. GT producer Taku Imasaki is quoted: “at least one additional track per month will be downloadable”. Article here.

Now if that is not a broken promise then I don't know what is. In the context of a representative of a company making claims about a product they are producing that very well is a promise. Or do promises only count when we do pinky swears?

Well, if you shrug at a missed deadline that even you can clearly see then I don't even see a point for discussion really.

But, as for what is on the box, there has been NO statement whatsoever (!!!!) as to WHEN!!!!

I agree with that statement to a certain degree. But what defines not deliver at all for you? When the online services for GT6 have eventually shut down? 6 month from now? 12 month from now? People start ripping PD to shreds because 5 month after release we have not seen any of the promised track DLC, any new VGTs, any of the core features such as community features, course maker or B-Spec. 5 month after release is quite some time and additionally we don't get any clues as to when these features will arrive.

They never stated a specific day, and then there were other problems, so, no I'm not severely stressed about the RB events. The track... well, there is obviously something wrong. I'm shrugging merely because it doesn't make or break my LIFE to have something there or not! Yes, they shouldn't have said to expect it, but, well, things change. I am an adult and realize that we don't always get everything. I'm hopeful that there is a good reason, but they have done, and are doing, other things, so.... I will wait and see.

There ARE updates going on. We WILL get what is expected... At some point. Now as for not delivering:

Not delivering at all amounts to 7 coming out and 6 servers being shut off. Simple enough definition.

I have programmed. Not to the level of this game by any means, but enough to realize the complexity of the situation. I understand that they have been surprised by hackers. (Honestly, I wish they would embrace them and have them HELP!) But, they HAVE to fight, so while the track has some good watching, the race is getting lost.....

For all of the people ripping on PD, get a life and go do something other than sit in front of a TV and/or computer all day. You will be better for it!

Now, I'm going to go do ONE race for my log in and ENJOY the fun of THAT! I have better things to do than lose my life to ANY game!

For all of the people ripping on PD, get a life and go do something other than sit in front of a TV and/or computer all day. You will be better for it!

Now, I'm going to go do ONE race for my log in and ENJOY the fun of THAT! I have better things to do than lose my life to ANY game!

Yeah I think we just leave it at that as you clearly have no interest in a discussion and resort to insults.

Nissan-Leaf-NSC-2015-01.jpg

They never stated a specific day, and then there were other problems, so, no I'm not severely stressed about the RB events. The track... well, there is obviously something wrong. I'm shrugging merely because it doesn't make or break my LIFE to have something there or not! Yes, they shouldn't have said to expect it, but, well, things change. I am an adult and realize that we don't always get everything.

If they say that there is going to be a track each month then any day will do.
Imagine your boss telling you you would get paid each month and then just laughed in your face telling you to forget the money because he never stated a specific day.

I'm hopeful that there is a good reason, but they have done, and are doing, other things, so.... I will wait and see.
What do some of these good reasons look like?
There ARE updates going on. We WILL get what is expected... At some point. Now as for not delivering:

Not delivering at all amounts to 7 coming out and 6 servers being shut off. Simple enough definition.
GT5 took nearly 3.5 years to get to this point. So you'd be happy if all the announced features not yet in the game were released in Spring 2017?

I have programmed. Not to the level of this game by any means, but enough to realize the complexity of the situation. I understand that they have been surprised by hackers.

Horse feathers. Hybriding has been well known in the game for nearly 18 months, there is no being "surprised" by hackers. On top of that it's not nearly as widespread as it was in GT5 due to the GT5 game save editing which anyone could do and isn't yet available in GT6 and the fact that there is no trading. Add to that, that track modelers, car modellers etc. do not stop working because of hackers nor is hacking any logical reason to delay content.

When GT5 was expected, how many "promised" delivery dates were there?

....And, with the one official delay, did PD deliver?

Yes.

So what you're suggesting is that because there was no date on some things I could die an old man in 70 years and still not feel peeved with PD, because there is always tomorrow? If so then I absolutely promise to send you $1000. I will definitely do that in the future. OK?

Unfortunately, a loophole I'm seeing with "monthly car/track DLC" is that there was no official time where the said schedule begins - so legally, PD can claim that the DLC schedule hasn't begun yet.

They also did not promise a to-the-day anniversary launch date for the Senna content, they only went as far as saying "sometime in May".

Now I keep hearing people talk about the missing January community features… But I can't find, nor recall reading where there was an official announcement of their launch window, the closest thing I can find is the update schedule, listing two for January. If someone could point me to it, I'd appreciate it.

Technically speaking, as of right now, the only launch PD has failed to meet with GT6 was the February content.

But this is irrelevant to me - I see absolutely NO reason why GT6 should STILL lack even some of the most basic community features that have been found in online gaming for at least 10 years. Or lack features present in past iterations. Or still not have content that was announced soon-to-be a year ago, and has been promised to be added since it's launch about 5 months ago. The time it's taking is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
So, now there IS a promise. Sorry to get peeved before, I was just stating my frustration overall on ALL levels. Yea, it sucks. But, I at least know they are working, so.... Whatever. I'm not living or dying by this game.

So, now there IS a promise. Sorry to get peeved before, I was just stating my frustration overall on ALL levels. Yea, it sucks. But, I at least know they are working, so.... Whatever. I'm not living or dying by this game.
This is not the first promise that PD is making. But let's hope it's the first they keep.

Please don't hate me for saying this. The clubs and leagues that they may be bringing, will probably function like the clan system Call Of Duty Ghosts contains. I'll explain it. You can search a user, look at his player's information (for GT, number of stars, time played, races won and lost, miles driven, etc.) You can the click on his name, and a number of options will appear (again for GT, Invite to League, Add Player, or view PSN.) After you click Invite to League (assuming you set one up through an option...) It will send "player" the message. Through the in-game message, there will be an accept or decline button on a tab (obviously). That's what I think.

Please don't hate me for saying this. The clubs and leagues that they may be bringing, will probably function like the clan system Call Of Duty Ghosts contains. I'll explain it. You can search a user, look at his player's information (for GT, number of stars, time played, races won and lost, miles driven, etc.) You can the click on his name, and a number of options will appear (again for GT, Invite to League, Add Player, or view PSN.) After you click Invite to League (assuming you set one up through an option...) It will send "player" the message. Through the in-game message, there will be an accept or decline button on a tab (obviously). That's what I think.
Entirely possible. We have no idea how this will work and it could end up being something as simple as social media tie-ins and have little to do with actual race organizing online.

Logically I don't see a reason for PD to pull community features from the game unless they plan to improve it significantly.
But a more realistic approach is probably to prepare to be disappointed, so I'm not really expecting much more than being able to see the status page of friends I have on PSN.

Back