Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
I highly doubt that you are right. There are probably people sleeping under there desks, even now, working on 6.

But, there are probably several working on 7, and maybe some doing both.

So far, I haven't seen anything that says a PLAN hasn't come through, and I also haven't seen any PROMISES made.

Yeah, yeah, it's on the box....

That's still a PLAN.

We were promised features like the Community features for January 1st 2014. Nope, that's no where to be seen and hasn't been said, AT ALL, as to why it hasn't been added yet. So that's one.

There was going to be track DLC every month, as said below.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tracks-dlc-monthly/

What happen to that? Looks like PD failed that promise.

The Zahara track was said to be added in February. Ahh yes, I forgot, that was never added either. I guess PD lies, yet again...

Oh yeah let's not forget about this famous one right here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-plans-for-quantum-leap-with-gran-turismo-6-dlc/

Pfft, is all I gotta say. I hope PD screws up the Senna content or never adds it, just to show how messed up PD and ESPECIALLY Kaz has become.

I highly doubt that you are right. There are probably people sleeping under there desks, even now, working on 6.

So far, I haven't seen anything that says a PLAN hasn't come through, and I also haven't seen any PROMISES made.

That's still a PLAN.
The lengths people go to to defend a company never fails to amaze me.

That's still a PLAN.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say. It's still a crappy game and they should make it right after making people spend $60 for it.

Even though I'm a huge fan of PD and GT, it's really sad what they've become this gen. I think GT5/6 is still quite an achievement to racing genre, no doubt. But for some reason, the way they execute this gen is quite odd or not very focus on what they really want to do. Are they focus on the game? Or are they focus on car manufacture GPS stuff, concept design, making documentary, racing in real world, I don't know. :lol:... Guess as always history repeats itself, money change a lot of things, including people.

There's a dusty shelf on my gameshelf, just one dusty shelf that I can write my name in; if PD doesn't release any information this week about any new content or estimations, GT6 may just end up on that shelf.

I don't know what drives me to keep logging in everyday just to maintain my 200% login bonus; May is approaching. Come on, PD. I didn't want to pay $60 for just this...

AI - PS3 can't handle anything more and AI is CPU intensive but they could simply adjust their braking points etc - they don't need to be any "smarter" (so still bumping but faster thru corners) just following better pre baked "instructions".

Sound - something on level of RBs would be a huge increase in quality albeit still not being perfect - clearly PS3 can produce better sound while still having 16 cars doing a grid start.

So can we really expect sound patch ? I say yes (but what do I know) - the PS3 will live a long life and if advertised properly those upgraded sounds imho can move boatload of games.

B-spec - I see it being released next because it really is just AI driving and some simple screen to increase/decrease pace.
Course creator - ehhhh July perhaps :confused:

Senna content - almost no hope for 1st May because I see no announcements - so I say 1.07 shortly and then 1.08 with Senna content MAYBE in May. After all they said they "WANT" to release it in May. Just like they said other stuff they wanted - we all know how that turned out. Still they could surprise us.

Also possible:

Pre-made liveries (flames, lines, Kaz's face etc)

New Photo Mode location

New VGT

Partial sound update (1 car and they don't tell which one :lol:)

More options in time trial mode - more slots/sorting

More options in single race mode - fuel, tire wear, earn credits, ...have...f..fun ?

None of the above and something else - completely useless/awesome PD pulled out of the crack tripping session. :odd:

The lengths people go to to defend a company never fails to amaze me.

Please note: I am NOT defending them. I think they have royally screwed up! But, to say they are NOT working on 6 is like saying the earth is not rotating!

GT6 is not forgotten. GT7P MAY come out this year.... But, that's not the point. The point is, they ARE working on 6. Yes, they are having problems getting us stuff. I imagine that dealing with the hackers is a MAJOR sticking point on the community features. I can see VERY easily how they have waited to see what people will do, and then altered their plans accordingly. It sucks, but, well, the PS3 is horrible to program for, and PD never does a half-way job....

As for the other things, I will go back to how hard it is to get the PS3 to work....

So, yes, I'm defending them, but with the simple understanding that they have messed up and a LOT of people don't like that.

I would like to see them put a career mode in. THAT could be a GREAT addition to a recycled game!

What if we got a 2.0 version in June with all the promised content, DLC stuff became available, AI improvements, more premiumised standards, low-res interiors for the standard cars, better sounds, more photo locations and a written apology from Kaz himself with all the VGT cars as the metaphorical flowers?

Just thought I'd join in with the outrageous suggestions here, I mean the secret wish-list that has formed. :P :lol:

Please note: I am NOT defending them. I think they have royally screwed up! But, to say they are NOT working on 6 is like saying the earth is not rotating!

Yes, as far as we know PD are still working on it. That part of your post isn't what I took issue to though, it was the second part where you seemingly excuse them for their failures and say that the promises were only 'plans'. That's just a cop out.

As for the other things, I will go back to how hard it is to get the PS3 to work....

This excuse in particular is getting very tiresome. They've had upwards of 10 whole years to work with the PS3, a whole decade. If that isn't enough time for them to get ahold of the PS3 system then I question their skill as developers.

Imari already covered the other ridiculous statement, you could make a huge list of half-way jobs from PD in the last 10 years.

Well I would argue against that as well, he might strive for flawlessness and set high standards but he very rarely reaches them. Perhaps that's why we haven't heard from him in months.

Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by a person's striving for flawlessness and setting excessively high performance standards, accompanied by overly critical self-evaluations and concerns regarding others' evaluations.[1][2] It is best conceptualized as a multidimensional characteristic, as psychologists agree that there are many positive and negative aspects.[3] In its maladaptive form, perfectionism drives people to attempt to achieve an unattainable ideal, and their adaptive perfectionism can sometimes motivate them to reach their goals. In the end, they derive pleasure from doing so. When perfectionists do not reach their goals, they often fall into depression.

I hope that isn't the case however.

And that is why I will never want to be a perfectionist. :sly:
I am actually a perfectionist and it isn't that bad. It actually helps me work much harder in sports because I strive to be perfect. I used to get very angry and sometimes depressed if I didn't achieve whatever my goal was even outside of sports. But now I am okay with it and still strive to be perfect but if I miss my goal I just think there is always next time.

I won't argue that. It really does come back to the perfectionist nature of Kaz. So, yeah... ;)

If Kaz is a perfectionist, then I'm a Clydesdale's butthole.

It's not perfectionism if you're focussing on one or two aspects of something and completely disregarding the rest. That's more like autism, or OCD, or something.

A perfectionist does not produce GT5, and they certainly do not produce GT6. A perfectionist would produce a scaled down vision that can be executed with extremely high quality. Odd, that there are other games that do exactly that...

We've had Kaz's perfectionism mentioned a few times in media. I can sort of see it in his earlier work, maybe, but in GT5 and GT6, no way.

Maybe he has the negative psychological traits that are commonly associated with perfectionism, but it sure as hell isn't being expressed in his work, and it would be nice if people stopped pretending that it is.

A perfectionist does not produce GT5, and they certainly do not produce GT6. A perfectionist would produce a scaled down vision that can be executed with extremely high quality.
GT5P and GTPSP come to mind, a.k.a. the games that no one ever considers a 'real' or 'full' GT, but they were (IMO) the best ones to come out since GT4.

This game is a flop. Broken promises, half assed content, and even worst, dull. PD is out of excuses. Kaz has shifted focus to GT Academy.

Except Kaz isn't the one in charge of GT Academy, that would be Sony and Nissan.

GT5P and GTPSP come to mind, a.k.a. the games that no one ever considers a 'real' or 'full' GT, but they were (IMO) the best ones to come out since GT4.

I agree completely.

GTPSP had it's issues, but taken outside of the context of what people expect from a GT game it was a marvellous take on a portable racing game.

GT5P is still my go to game of choice for PS3 Gran Turismo. It's small, but what's there is highly polished and well designed. There is no part of GT5P that I wasn't impressed with at the time it released, and there's still a lot there that is very good for 2014.

I am actually a perfectionist and it isn't that bad. It actually helps me work much harder in sports because I strive to be perfect. I used to get very angry and sometimes depressed if I didn't achieve whatever my goal was even outside of sports. But now I am okay with it and still strive to be perfect but if I miss my goal I just think there is always next time.
Ahh. I hope you achieve your goal to be perfect in sports, because sports (in my opinion) is a lot more funner than game development. :) I could never perfect in some things, but I always seek to have fun in them instead. :D

Back