(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
England
East Sussex
Debris9uk
Based on the assumption most of us will have a next gen console before the release of the next GT, experiences you've had with previous GT games and with GT6 so far, and on PD's apparent lack of communication, not to mention the release of serious competition soon, will you be purchasing the next GT?

I've previously pre ordered my copies of GT but I can't say I'll be doing the same with the next game. Especially if they plan the same technique they're employing with updates "every month".

Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion GT6 will get better but I have lost some faith in PD regarding the direction the series is heading in.

I've seen a fair share of posts on GTP saying something along the lines of "I'm done with PD, I'll never buy GT again." as well as "GT6 is great and only going to get better."

So, have the majority abandoned GT to it's fate? Or is there still some faith out there? Or are you a bit on the fence like me?

Last edited:
I'll wait for the reviews and especially what GTP has to say. But no next ten title is going to be an automatic purchase as I need to invest in new hardware. Actually, as I see it now, I will most likely switch to PC sims. PC offers a broader selection of sims and I also have a feeling that the PCars PC version (I am really looking forward to it) will be better than the PS4 version.

I'll wait for the reviews and especially what GTP has to say. But no next ten title is going to be an automatic purchase as I need to invest in new hardware. Actually, as I see it now, I will most likely switch to PC sims. PC offers a broader selection of sims and I also have a feeling that the PCars PC version (I am really looking forward to it) will be better than the PS4 version.
I have somewhat assumed most people will have a next gen console come the release of GT7. I'll add it to the poll. 👍

EDIT: No I won't, I don't know how on my phone. :confused:

I have somewhat assumed most people will have a next gen console come the release of GT7. I'll add it to the poll. 👍

EDIT: No I won't, I don't know how on my phone. :confused:

I only play GT on the PS so there is no other reason for me (except PCars maybe). So your assumption is probably correct for people who do more playing, which probably is the majority.

I only play GT on the PS so there is no other reason for me (except PCars maybe). So your assumption is probably correct for people who do more playing, which probably is the majority.
Fair enough. GT7 would have to be the best game ever to warrant buying a new console just to play that one game on it. It may be good but it won't be that good! :lol:

I think you're right about pCars being better on PC. Hopefully not by much though since I'll be hoping to get the PS4 version :).

So, buying GT7 would require getting a PS4 to begin with. I already want to buy one, but will definitely wait until there are more games I'm interested in.

Next, taking into account my experience with all previous GT parts, oh hell yes I am going to buy it.

Taking into account GT6, I'm definitely going to wait for reviews on here, because how am I gonna know if a Gamespot or IGN reviewer has had any experience with the series and more or less... 'understands' Gran Turismo?

I'm thinking about 6 'separately' because I think it's a terrible Gran Turismo. It's still a good racing game, though 👍

BUT, AND FINALLY! If it comes out after January 2015 and if GT6 is not perfectly finished by that time, I'm done with PD forever.

I'll probably wait for reviews before purchasing as I'll probably be preoccupied with pCARS and DriveClub on PS4 anyway.

I will not buy GT7 or ps4, cuz u have to pay if you want to play online...
ps3 is still going strong even with gt6...
I'll admit that is a little bit off putting but I'm fine with it so long as (and in the hope that) PSN becomes a bit more stable and well maintained. Assuming of course that's where that money is going.

I'll probably wait for reviews before purchasing as I'll probably be preoccupied with pCARS and DriveClub on PS4 anyway.
See this is what I mean by serious competition. I think a lot of people will share your view.

If Project Cars hits the mark as far as actually racing goes then GT7 will have to improve greatly upon that aspect of GT6 or I'll stick with pCars and only occasionally use 7 for larking about in street cars. Something I don't do that often because I much prefer the racing side of things.

Doubtful. I'm probably gonna sink with the PS3 and slowly get back in to pc gaming, unless I should somehow fall in to a bunch of money then maybe I'll pick up a used ps4/gt7. :D

Definitely getting GT7 - no question. I am well used to the lack of communication, I don't even notice it anymore and I can't see PD changing that much in the coming years. In the end, they deliver when they can.
Doubtful. I'm probably gonna sink with the PS3 and slowly get back in to pc gaming, unless I should somehow fall in to a bunch of money then maybe I'll pick up a used ps4/gt7. :D
I would have thought it would be the other way around - getting a windfall so you can afford a PC that is capable of keeping up with the coming games.

I am well used to the lack of communication, I don't even notice it anymore and I can't see PD changing that much in the coming years. In the end, they deliver when they can.
Indeed. At first I was like "no we don't need more communication just be patient" but recently something has changed and I cant take the status-quo anymore. I have to say now I think it would make it better for everyone if they were a little more vocal.

I'm not asking for for release dates. I just want them to more openly take on board our feedback and criticisms. How great it would be if they released a statement saying something like "We see many of you are missing shuffle racing. We will work towards getting it back to you."

The acknowledgement alone would be encouragement that PD weren't just giving us what they thought we want.

If this happened some of my lost faith would be restored and I'd be more inclined to buy a sight unseen.

Last edited:
I'll be pre-ordering definitely! If other games come out before or after, I'll get them as well. While I like me some GT, I'm not married to it and can branch out if needed. With that said, I still have plenty of faith in PD, even with the short comings, so it's hard to say "NO, I won't be buying it" - even if all it is is just a very polished version of GT6.

I ticked I'll wait for reviews but I honestly don't know. I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford a PS4 (I didn't even get a PS3 till just over a year ago) or even if I want to as the "have to buy PSN to use online" is very off-putting...presuming it would mean things like the log-in bonus etc would only work if you pay for PSN. I really only have a PS3 for GT and the same would probably be true of the PS4.

It really all depends on how much GT6 improves between the next update and the release of GT7....if it improves sufficiently, then I may pre-order it knowing that it would improve over time.

It also hinges on what the upcoming titles achieve and whether they are better. Until I am able to work again (which may be some time) , I have to consider purchases carefully. Any other game that is released in the next 5+ years, I can play on my PC (providing they are released on PC) as I bought a pretty future-proof PC at the end of last year.

If you had asked me this time before the release of 6, I would have said I would definitely be buying GT7..now all bets are off as GT6 has made me question whether PD are too tunnel visioned. I am expecting GT7 to be visually stunning and have an even wider array of cars and tracks....combined with mindless AI drones, bad sounds and missing features. Sound familiar? :boggled:

After seeing what PD has done with GT5 and 6 with the PS3, I will buy GT7, I might preorder it, that depends if I have the PS4 before 7 launches.

I think PD has done a great job pushing the limits of the PS3, and I really look forward to what they can do with the PS4s technology.

With all these new games coming out I am thinking back to when I bought a ps3 just to play GT5 when it came out....

I bought it basically because of all the hype....omg the "legendary GRAN TURISMO I have never played one before so I ran out, not going to do the same with GT7 as there are options. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no options when GT5 came out.

but all the GT6 content isn't here yet...

GT7 must be... miles away.

But if it does get released I will probably get it - The problem may be getting the Console to play it on.

Having just invested in two more PS3s for a triple screen GT experience, I'll probably use GT6 for about the same duration as Forza 4 which was three years. Maybe a little longer, since GT6 has a wider range of track experiences.

Of course, if GT7 provides some really compelling temptations, this "plan" may be adjusted! In fact, I kind of assumed this so I voted the first option, also given that I have no crystal ball providing a release date.

Last edited:
The only way I will have GT7 if its bundled with a PS4 if I ever decide I need one (it wont be for drive club), and I certainly wont be pre-ordering GTx again :banghead:

I will definitely not be pre-ordering, I will not be buying it shortly after release either. I'll wait for some reviews, & if all the issues & things that are broken in GT5 Prologue, GT5, & GT6 haven't been addressed/fixed, then I won't even buy at all. I'll possibly pick up a cheap second hand copy for £5 so I can marvel at the awesome looking graphics, then after 5 minutes of that I'll go back to some serious racing in P-Cars (presuming that it will ROCK MY WORLD of course :lol:).

for me the problem is always ... I have to experience it myself ... nice to see positive and negative reviews about how everyone is enjoying the game ... but still I wouldn't be satisfied about it ... I would have to experience it myself ... form my own opinion ... I think it's always important to form my own opinion first .. maybe sell the game if I really don't like it (happened to me with GTA-IV, couldn't get used to the driving physics ... hated it after a few tries)

Initially I told myself that I would only pre-order GT6 if I had a plat for GT5.
Turns out that I am still working on that plat (and loving it), but I did eventually pre-order in sept/oct 2013.
Because I saw different previews, I even played it in October on a pre-launch event, I had to feel it myself completely ... now I'm happy I broke my own promise ... Still have fun with the Vettel challenges while waiting for the promised update for GT6 ...

Series addict for life ... :crazy:

VBR
I will definitely not be pre-ordering, I will not be buying it shortly after release either. I'll wait for some reviews, & if all the issues & things that are broken in GT5 Prologue, GT5, & GT6 haven't been addressed/fixed, then I won't even buy at all.
My thoughts exactly. If those issues aren't at very least addressed (I'd prefer fixed) then 7 may be the first one I don't play. I can't see myself wanting to play a game on a PS4 with PS2 style AI, for example. Or with cars that still sound like vacuum cleaners.

VBR
I will definitely not be pre-ordering, I will not be buying it shortly after release either. I'll wait for some reviews, & if all the issues & things that are broken in GT5 Prologue, GT5, & GT6 haven't been addressed/fixed, then I won't even buy at all. I'll possibly pick up a cheap second hand copy for £5 so I can marvel at the awesome looking graphics, then after 5 minutes of that I'll go back to some serious racing in P-Cars (presuming that it will ROCK MY WORLD of course :lol:).
I agree mostly with what you said - HOWEVER and yes it is a big however. While researching I found the people responsible for Project Cars are the same people (Slightly Mad Studio) responsible for Shift 2 Unleashed. For those in the know I won't have to say more; but for those that aren't, NFS Shift was a lot of fun. Good honest Arcade style game with great sound (better than GT IMHO) and the handling was pretty good for the kind of game it was, especially being an EA product. Then they brought out Shift 2 and I couldn't order it quick enough - big mistake. The development had gone to Slightly Mad Studios and in a nutshell, the cars were just about undriveable. I don't mean difficult undriveable; I mean handled like they were on ice, twitched and jumped around in straight lines, in fact the closest I could describe the cornering was like each car had one gigantic wheel in the middle of it. Add to this a million bugs. I would probably still be more than annoyed at this, but the real salt in the wound was the complete lack of fixes or indeed any kind of acknowledgement on their part. Nada, Zippo. Played it a few times and gave up on it as a bad joke after checking occasionally to see if these people had any kind of pride in their product. PLEASE don't take my word for it - I could be a cranky, trolling curmudgeon (but I'm not), check out Amazon reviews in any region in the world and you will see what I am talking about. So, these people would have to come up with something more than special before I would trust them again - and even then maybe not just out of principle. :):gtpflag:

@Mercury1 - I know about SMS & Shift, I played the demo for Shift & really disliked it. However, they aren't working with a producer like EA who are placing restrictions on them, getting them to water the game down for the masses so they can maximize their profits. They also have a huge community testing the game all throughout it's development, this'll help iron out most bugs I hope.

Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator (CARS for short) is funded by & produced by the community (all sim racers). This concept has massive potential beyond any racing sim that's gone before it. That's the idea which is exciting to me. Like I said in my post, whether it will rock my world or not remains to be seen. If they do pull it off, GT7 will just be some interesting & infuriating curiosity with nice graphics, unless PD starts listening to community feedback & giving the gamers what they want.

Back