(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
I sure will! I've absolutely adored the GT franchise since the very beginning. I don't care what anyone else says, I think it's gotten better with every new game. I'm bound to pre-order GT7 the minute the pre-order offer is available.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I want those cars, all those cars. If you guys find the Standards unacceptable, then I suppose it's time you moved along.

I have to wonder about the same crowd not making such a fuss about the Standard tracks, which are even uglier in many ways. Just go into Photo Mode and look at the "lovely" trackside details. And frankly, I want all the classic tracks from previous GTs, which will most likely still be Standard tracks. Even in RaceRoom, which has its own version of Standard tracks complete with flat spectators and fold out trees, every track, I haven't been bothered by them in replays.

Furthermore, we don't know what kind of shape either the cars or tracks are going to be in when GT7 finally shows. Kaz has been going on a little hiring binge the last few months, and may have hired a bunch more modelers to work on the Standard stuff. But those cars and tracks are coming. It's just one of those odd things in the gaming world, and it's not exactly like Gran Turismo is the only fish in the lake. You have lots of options these days, like That Other Game. Still, if some of you end up buying it anyway, maybe they aren't so unacceptable after all.

I don't think having 5 pages of standard MX5s is an acceptable addition to a PS4 , not by any means in 2015/16/17 etc . If Kaz was truly serious about the GT series with his hire binge then I would like to see a much larger number of standard to premium conversion in the current gen gran turismo games , and who wouldn't ?

If you look at GT on PS3 now you'll see that the game did massively push the limits of the PS3 , but GT7 needs to be , and I suspect will be , a huge step in graphical presentation in its next iteration . The 2D spectators and trees do indeed cheapen the experience , just like having gorgeously rendered cars with tessellation and placing that next to a jagged , pixelated car from the PS2 era .

I remarked to a friend of mine the other day , saying to him that I think GT7 will look 2 or 3 times better than Pcars . He said ; " Really ? " . I answered ; " Definitely . Now PD has the power , let's see what they deliver " . Will be interesting to see if they can ' Wow ' us just like the old days .

What it needs is a complete overhaul . I think most recognize now that GT6 was more a filler for the series rather than a technological main course .

Sometimes I sound like someone who doesn't care how GT7 will look. But as someone who has gushed over the cinematic replays in GT5, even with Standard cars and trees, of course I want everything to look its best. But not at the expense of having content removed.

Like many here, when GT3 came out, I kept going back to GT2 to enjoy a car roster three-plus times as large, included Race Mod, and had some dearly loved tracks that didn't make it across to PS2. Sure, the graphics and physics stunk in comparison, but the experience was still something else. When Forza 2 came out and I bought my 360 Leet racing rig just to play that one game, it was such an advance even with the cheap plastic MS wheel - except in price, because of the force feedback, so I wasn't tempted to go back to F1 at all. However, the paltry number of track locations became an ordeal because the simpler locations were milked to death early in the game.

GT7 will look amazing, there's no doubt. But I'm hopeful that a bunch more modelers will be able to bring that Standard stuff, both cars and tracks, up to next gen levels - almost said standards. ;) But the important thing for me and millions of us in the Gran Turismo fandom is that GT7 have a great experience. Lots of cars to race, lots of tracks to race them on, and lots of events in which to enjoy both of them. I'm looking forward to what the FIA deal entails, and hope it's lots of league based racing, including something of a racing season with championships. I want to see Race Mod return and bringing a Livery Editor to the table with it. I want to see users able to create fantasy racing leagues, including tracks made and shared with the new Course Maker, with racing seasons built with an Event Maker. There are all kinds of things I'm hoping come along for our GT7 ride. Kaz has said that his intent in GT7 is to do everything the team couldn't do before, and he seems genuinely enthused to finally be working on a seriously powerful system. As with all things GT, we'll just have to see what they can accomplish.

Back