POLL: Would you buy GT Sport already? (AFTER v.1.05, change vote available)

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 222 comments

Would you buy Gran Turismo Sport as it is in the beta - just unlocked?

• Yes

Votes: 166 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 46.1%

• Total voters
Ok. Before v. 1.05 votes are yes 120/ no 118.

Anyone wanting to change vote after 1.05?
Let's give it a few days and let some more in depth reviews take place. There are only a handful of people in the beta whose feedback I trust to be not blinded by the past glory of PD, so I'll be waiting until their feedback is in.

There are only a handful of people in the beta whose feedback I trust to be not blinded by the past glory of PD, so I'll be waiting until their feedback is in.

Downloading now, haven't tried it yet but am 99% sure I won't be changing my vote from "No". Not blinded by PD's past glory, but am probably biased by their past & current fails!

:lol:

VBR
Downloading now, haven't tried it yet but am 99% sure I won't be changing my vote from "No". Not blinded by PD's past glory, but am probably biased by their past & current fails!

I know one of your main priorities is on the quality of online racing so I look forward to your feedback:tup:👍

Last edited:
VBR

..then theres always that 1%..:lol:

Then again, I think many who want to see more classic GT content wont see that in the beta. Dont really see any reason PDI would apply offline features to the beta if there even will be any..

..then theres always that 1%..:lol:

Then again, I think many who want to see more classic GT content wont see that in the beta. Dont really see any reason PDI would apply offline features to the beta if there even will be any..
We know what the offline features are. We've known since copper box, the official website and the US beta.

Licence tests called career mode, arcade races and time attacks. That and taking pictures and watching replays.

It's an esport title.

And then those millions of people were disappointed when they realised that the McLaren P1 in PCars was undriveable with a Dualshock 4 without tens of hours of stupid controller deadzone tinkering!
Yes, because one car = the entire game.

Saw the alert of you replying to this thread and was waiting to see some great feedback.. :lol::gtpflag:

I haven't been able to actually play v1.05 yet, only download the update to confirm changes.

It's still a game with a more limited scope than GT5P, so I absolutely wouldn't pay the current pre-order sticker price for it. The changes in this latest version are hardly ground-breaking.

I really dont care about P1 all that much - it seems a bit clinical to me. Only time I have enjoyed the P1 was to see Jeremy Clarkson poo him self braking without the wing after a drag race in Grand Tour.. :lol:

I haven't been able to actually play v1.05 yet, only download the update to confirm changes.

It's still a game with a more limited scope than GT5P, so I absolutely wouldn't pay the current pre-order sticker price for it. The changes in this latest version are hardly ground-breaking.

Ok so its down to the lack of content - i can "dig" that. 👍 It must be my heavily online based gaming that doesnt give me worries.

Ok so its down to the lack of content - i can "dig" that. 👍 It must be my heavily online based gaming that doesnt give me worries.

Yes, but your entire question is based on a hypothetical. Of course you believe an "unlocked" version of the existing beta would be worth the price: you can decide what's included.

That's the problem with this entire premise: it relies on the made-up version of the final product in every person's head.

Why would you buy a work in progress? Some tracks like Dragon Trail are not even finished...

Because for some, the logo on the box is worth the price of admission itself.

It's well documented that the default control settings issue did negatively affect the entire game. Andy Tudor has stated that sorting this issue out is the first thing they are working to fix for PCars 2. From the evidence I've seen they still have work to do.

Along with that they have a new tyre model which will provide more grip and more realism. Halelujah to that.

Yes, but your entire question is based on a hypothetical. Of course you believe an "unlocked" version of the existing beta would be worth the price: you can decide what's included.

That's the problem with this entire premise: it relies on the made-up version of the final product in every person's head.

Because for some, the logo on the box is worth the price of admission itself.

Atleast the question creates conversation.. 👍 That is my main goal most of the time.

It is one example from one person. Lots of people play the game with a controller and enjoy it.

This is a major issue acknowledged by both developers, other people in this thread have even said so, stop trying to downplay the controller steering like it's no big deal.

Nope... Still no for me.

I was expecting a huge improvement in several simulations (physics, tyre model, damage,visual damage, AI).
Now with 1.05... Don't know why but if the cars where already very easy to drive without driving aids, now apparently it's even more... And some cars given the sensation to have even more grip...

Flying over pianos, passing over grass... I find it all to forgiving..

Still no skidmarks,the car lights still don't iluminate tarmac and other cars, dirt on track doesn't affect at all I've a car in front of you come back to the track...

Sound side.... For me still no on level with games as driveclub, Dirt rally, assetto corsa or Project C.A.R.S..

Still don't impress me the game.

And the online system... Realy seems that it doesn't work very well.

Let's not overlook that even with Pcars 1 flaws the FFB, tire module, sound, damage, smoke, to name a few. and was and is leaps and bounds better than GT

I don't think you get what I'm trying to say, I'm not talking about physics in general, I'm talking about controller optimization.

Sure, you can get around the issue by using various setups provided by the internet like I have, and make it bearable, but this stuff should work out of the box. Gran Turismo games work out of the box, you don't need to adjust anything, so it's much better optimized for the pad.

I don't think you get what I'm trying to say, I'm not talking about physics in general, I'm talking about controller optimization.

Sure, you can get around the issue by using various setups provided by the internet like I have, and make it bearable, but this stuff should work out of the box. Gran Turismo games work out of the box, you don't need to adjust anything, so it's much better optimized for the pad.
Kind of like the GT gamepad sensitivity settings 1-7 that affect the wheel inputs but nowhere is said so, I guess not everything is plug play

Kind of like the GT gamepad sensitivity settings 1-7 that affect the wheel inputs but nowhere is said so, I guess not everything is plug play

Nothing like it. Have you seen the amount of setting changes required to have some semblance of control with PCars compared to the subtle changes of the GT sensitivity settings ?

This is a major issue acknowledged by both developers, other people in this thread have even said so, stop trying to downplay the controller steering like it's no big deal.
How about you stop making blanket statements that imply that game is unplayable with a controller and we will call it even?

Back