POLL - Your view on Homing Launchers ?

Your view on Homing Launchers ?

• Total voters
I don't really have issues with it even in public lobbies. The only reason its considered beyond OP is that its a DLC weapon that anyone can buy instantly. That could be solved by a progressive level buff by making it weak at the beginning and making it strongest at level 100. Most of the lobbies I've been into are nothing but Lazers and Hydras, and those usually have the advantage if the pilot knows how to strafe with the cannons.

It absolutely needs to be changed. Armed aircraft should be the only vehicles it can lock onto. Someone minding their own business flying around in a Vestra shouldn't be worried about getting shot down. If someone's being an idiot and provoking innocent players with a Hydra, then the lobby has every right to shoot him down.

I don't really have a problem with the homing launcher, but sometimes it can be mildly annoying when you're shot down by a Rank 15 guy. It'd be better if it was locked until like Rank 120 or something.

I don't really have a problem with the homing launcher, but sometimes it can be mildly annoying when you're shot down by a Rank 15 guy. It'd be better if it was locked until like Rank 120 or something.

Level one players should never be able to have access to a weapon this powerful so early on. I had to grind FOREVER to get the RPG. New players have it way too easy with the DLC weapons available for purchase immediately.

Dan
Level one players should never be able to have access to a weapon this powerful so early on. I had to grind FOREVER to get the RPG. New players have it way too easy with the DLC weapons available for purchase immediately.

I agree, but at the same time they have to level the playing field a little too... I mean you can't have high levels with access to everything and leaving the low levels to run around practically unarmed. They would never move up. Just my opinion

Personally if anyone that is a low level is a new gamer, it is their own fault for taking so long to get the game. Of course they should expect to see high level guys with the best gear, thats been a fact of gaming for ages. I grinded for the RPG and was really happy to get it, but now any little 12* year old noob can come online and get the Homing Launcher and piss me off when I'm rocking my Savage or Hydra.

*Not limited to the ages of 12

I think there should be a level requirement for it as well, I just don't think it should be as high as some of you other guys here. I 100% agree that we have earned those things through grinding and a lot of work, but I still like to see a level playing field at some point... I guess I'm the odd man out on this topic lol

The regular RPG is capped to level 100.

The Homing version, by virtue of it locking on and making it easier to down aircraft, should imo be locked until at least level 150! At least when someone shoots at you with a regular RPG, you have the chance to be OK, but with the homing launcher, unless you know a perfect way to get away, you're screwed.

The regular RPG is capped to level 100.

The Homing version, by virtue of it locking on and making it easier to down aircraft, should imo be locked until at least level 150! At least when someone shoots at you with a regular RPG, you have the chance to be OK, but with the homing launcher, unless you know a perfect way to get away, you're screwed.

Ok. This is legitimately a good point 👍 I guess by virtue of the free firing RPG being level 100, then I do agree that lock on should be a higher level.

I guess I just wasn't thinking of it from this perspective, my bad :guilty:

Ok. This is legitimately a good point 👍 I guess by virtue of the free firing RPG being level 100, then I do agree that lock on should be a higher level.

I guess I just wasn't thinking of it from this perspective, my bad :guilty:

Don't worry about it. We're not mad at you. We're mad that R* makes things easy for new players while the original players had such a hard time.

Dan
Don't worry about it. We're not mad at you. We're mad that R* makes things easy for new players while the original players had such a hard time.
Irnoically, that makes me think about how one of my friends was bitching that his second character didn't have rockets and that doing deathmatches were hard because all he had was a homing launcher (he sucks at free aim with it). Then, just five minutes after he went off, he got killed in a deathmatch by a guy who was both lower than his second character and a worse GTA player than him with a homing missile in a deathmatch. :lol:

On the other hand, when I took my second character into public lobbies when I was about level 60 on it, having the homing missile helped me a lot because I was often targeted just because my rank meant I didn't have access to the RPG, heavy sniper, or most of the other common guns in public lobbies. Having that and the Special Carbine really helped me keep a somewhat level playing field with people that had a huge health and weapon accessibility advantage. It's accessibility is both a positive and negative, but I still think that they could do a progressive buff by making it stronger with better range as a character's rank increases (maybe limit rounds and scale up to the full 10 as well?).

For what it's worth, the only time I've ever actually killed someone with it who was flying was when I intentionally shot down a Mammatus. But before I did, the guy sniped everyone in the lobby, blew up everyone's cars, and was also being an ass in general. The only other time I use it on players is when someone tries to jet grief people I'm playing with so I can try to buy enough time for my friends to get jets themselves.

They should keep them as is, but give armor buffs to larger helicopters so they're on par with the Cargobobs armor.

I'd make it a Level 200 weapon, make it much weaker (About the same as the RPG) and make everything much stronger.

I play GTA for the killing aspect and the games probably in its worst state ever, the horning RPG ruins the point of spending up to 20 million dollars on flying equipment because a level 3 can have one and take you down.

It really balanced the tank being so overpowered but it just ruined the flying aspect.

Theres a few other Vehicles that are a little 'overpowered' but I guess thats just GTA trying to be some futuristic war game?

I'm curious, though...would a Frogger or Maverick with someone sticking their legs out the side and brandishing a Heavy Sniper (or, God forbid, a Homing Launcher) be considered an armed aircraft?

I'm curious, though...would a Frogger or Maverick with someone sticking their legs out the side and brandishing a Heavy Sniper (or, God forbid, a Homing Launcher) be considered an armed aircraft?

If the weapons aren't mounted to the helicopter, then I think it would only be classified as a transport helicopter.

I disagree with the armed aircraft argument. Im still on a PS3 so I still get smuggler planes and helicopters. I can just drive underneath the smuggler aircraft and blow them out of the sky

I disagree with the armed aircraft argument. Im still on a PS3 so I still get smuggler planes and helicopters. I can just drive underneath the smuggler aircraft and blow them out of the sky
It could easily be segregated, with game entities being targeted and other players not.

Back