POLL - Your view on Homing Launchers ?

Your view on Homing Launchers ?

• Total voters
I use the Homing Launcher for the smuggler aircraft only, as I almost never see high-end weaponry on PS3 aimed at me (it's usually high-level players vs. high-level players)

May not be terribly efficient, but I've not been in a situation that I've needed to use it in aside from those aircraft.

Ok.

Rockstar need to lock this until like Rank 120.

It's incredibly annoying when you're trying to do CEO missions, and your helicopter is shot out of the sky by a Rank 11.

Stopped playing GTA with introduction of Stinger missile.

I stopped flying for awhile after this until I learned how to adapt. Fly low, use buildings & tree's for breaking missile locks. The buzzard has less capable guns but it can avoid lock on in certain situations, even the lock of Savage missiles. The savage guns are top notch but even they can't take out a God mode player unless you use the rockets.

My KD ratio is 3.62 because of hilo's in this game. The Savage is the main reason I play online... Love of flight!

The modders are so out of control on PS3 now that when flying you can't hear the launcher lock on. If you not in a vehicle or in one going slow, modders are doing room kills where everyone dies.

Most rooms seem to have modders playing in God mode, Killing by mod or Bragging OL about modding. Sad to see honest players are getting bullied by cheaters, modders & hackers.

The modders are so out of control on PS3 now that when flying you can't hear the launcher lock on. If you not in a vehicle or in one going slow, modders are doing room kills where everyone dies.

Most rooms seem to have modders playing in God mode, Killing by mod or Bragging OL about modding. Sad to see honest players are getting bullied by cheaters, modders & hackers.

If you thought GTA V's multiplayer on PS3 is bad, you should see IV's. *shudders*

I ironically usually run with a modder when I'm in PS3 public lobbies because there are so many douche modders these days. The one I usually run with only makes it obvious that he is a modder when someone is cheating to hell and back (generally speaking, that's when a modded account user is really killing the hell out of a crew member by cheating or if another modder is in the lobby). There were 5 modders in the lobby I was in alone today and said lobby ended because the 5th modder froze the lobby.

As for silent rockets, I think that has a lot to do with lag since the servers suck more than anything. I die a lot from not hearing bullets because the person I'm shooting at is lagging badly. But it's usually easy to tell when a modder is shooting at aircraft because multiple rockets are following at once with a consistent interval between them all.

I actually got called a hacker on PS3 last year. I was in a public lobby (obviously) flying a Mammatus relatively high to avoid Heavy Snipers and Homing Launchers. All of a sudden, an explosion happens 20 feet behind me, and everyone in the lobby dies except for me. I can only assume the hacker in that lobby was spawning an active explosive (similar to active TNT in Minecraft) on every player, but it might've had a one second delay. That one second was long enough for my plane to escape the location the explosion was placed. A minute later, someone sent me a text message in broken English calling me a hacker because I didn't die with everyone else.

When somebody is griefing your squad, locking on is usually enough to spook the jet pilots. They are good at avoiding rockets, but not the ground.

Last edited:
Dan
Level one players should never be able to have access to a weapon this powerful so early on. I had to grind FOREVER to get the RPG. New players have it way too easy with the DLC weapons available for purchase immediately.

I disagree, to me it's the same (but opposite) problem as having to unlock flares for aircraft in BF4; homing launchers are the only ground weapon that can one-hit an aircraft so why would you want to let low-level players be completely at the mercy of players who have access to aircraft? They already have a hard time as it is so I think giving them immediate access to a useful weapon is fine.

As for the weapon itself, it's perfect the way it is in my opinion. The worst air vehicle (Hydra) can outrun it easily but a homing launcher does make it harder for them to strafe you and anything else, well, most ground vehicles are at risk from all sorts of death so I dunno why air vehicles should be excluded. If anything, there should be more Pegasus drop points everywhere.

Edit: although actually I think it could be nerfed a little against military helicopters, maybe by having it do what real AA missiles do and detonating by proximity rather than only with a direct hit. That way you're only doing splash damage which may not (although also may) kill you immediately and could give you a chance to leave the area or find cover before the next shot.

Last edited:
Dan
If you thought GTA V's multiplayer on PS3 is bad, you should see IV's. *shudders*
I played it quite recently and it wasn't too bad. Only ran into 1 modder, who had infinite rockets & god mode.

I think that the Homing Launcher is one of those weapons that when used on someone else, it feels great; not so much when you're the one getting blown out of the sky.

I think that the Homing Launcher is one of those weapons that when used on someone else, it feels great; not so much when you're the one getting blown out of the sky.

It feels great when you're shooting down a jet griefer, but it's rage-inducing when you get blown up for having the nerve to mind your own business while flying a frickin' Cessna 172.

Latest Posts

Back