Polyphony Digital Expands Hiring Search To English Applicants

I never knew PD was here in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. That's quite a list of vacancies though. My guess is that they have bitten quite a bit more off then they can chew for some reason, and they desperately need to hire or else they will really be left behind eating dust.

...Companies hire people constantly. PDI are no exceptions. Besides, folks getting hired now won't impact the state of GT:S too much at all, one would think. Too late in the development cycle for that. Unless the game is being delayed again.... :indiff:

Anyways, I'm slightly perturbed by the fact that the posts available in LA and Amsterdam offices are only for liaison capacity rather than as full-on developers. Even though that former Turn10 guy doing the sounds for PDI wouldn't necessarily have moved country and remains based in the good ol' USA, I still had my suspicions that these overseas PDI branches did not develop any part of the games, and this listing sort of half-confirms that.

I'd say, what a missed opportunity if true.

This advert screams.....GT7 is nowhere near ready. An absolute joke of a studio who just constantly disappoint their loyal fans by leaving them waiting forever. Then realease an unfinished game. Doubt il ever see it as il be getting an xbox scorpio and enjoying Forza.
Well, they're still working on GTS...

Naaaaa, they're hiring for GTSports II.
They think so ahead that they put out a beta version followed by worldwide advertising events for fans without having a clue in which part of the 22nd century the game will be out!
The Granturismo series will always be in my heart for being responsible for this passion that I have for sim racing but it burned itself down with a loud bang thanks to a total lack of respect to its fans on one side and also due to the inability to keep up with the most advanced simulation technology available in modern racing games. Granturismo will remain as a mildly fun driving game where passionate sim racers like me won't find any drive to spend 1 dollar on.

And on that bombshell, we leave you with the fact - not an opinion - The Grand Tour was just as bad as the new Top Gear.

But really, what's with the doom and gloom? Let us have some perspective.

listing.jpg

This advert screams.....GT7 is nowhere near ready. An absolute joke of a studio who just constantly disappoint their loyal fans by leaving them waiting forever. Then realease an unfinished game. Doubt il ever see it as il be getting an xbox scorpio and enjoying Forza.

They are always hiring. What makes you think that this advert indicates anything about the state of GT Sport?

@tarnheld @Razerman @Mr Grumpy let's apply for the course maker team ;)

Why, it's almost as if the news article you're commenting on is about the positions being put up on the English portion of their site or something.
And would you look at that, the title of the article even includes the word 'Expands'. It's like the author knew they had already been looking!

But you know Zlork, can't sit idle whilst a perceived bad word is said.

Code:
- UI Designer
- GT Explore Studio
- AI Engineer
- Online Engineer
- Graphics Engineer
- Game Engine Development Engineer
- Game Script Engineer
- Sound Development Engineer
- Mobile Application Engineer
- Internal Tool Development Engineer
- Car Simulation Development Engineer
- Physics Engine Development Engineer
- CG Artist
- Technical Artist
giphy.gif

Yes, I modeled it.

Thanks, I'll fix those images. :)

...Nice work!! Hopefully it didn't take you six months to model it. :lol:

But damn, two of the images are still not showing up. When I quote your post I can see the red R34 just fine, but.... hmm.

Back