Polyphony Digital is "Considering" Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 351 comments
PC is my main platform but please god no more PC ports. Sony games are only technical masterpieces BECAUSE of their exclusivity. Games made for one platform will always be best. These comments are really funny acting as if there's tons of money to be made on PC, anyone interested in Sony's games already owns a PlayStation. Thats why the sales have been lackluster. No point in ruining development quality for the sake of squeezing out a few more pennies.

As we say here in my country, PD will have to eat a lot of beans and rice to impose itself on the PC market, where racing games offer a wide variety of content and gameplay possibilities. With the way PD works slowly and fruitlessly, I don't know if the GT franchise will succeed on PC.

PD will find it very difficult. The market is saturated and competitors are very strong. On PS5, the Kaz franchise reigns supreme for obvious reasons.

PC is my main platform but please god no more PC ports. Sony games are only technical masterpieces BECAUSE of their exclusivity. Games made for one platform will always be best. These comments are really funny acting as if there's tons of money to be made on PC, anyone interested in Sony's games already owns a PlayStation. Thats why the sales have been lackluster. No point in ruining development quality for the sake of squeezing out a few more pennies.
Your words make sense.

Last edited:
As slow as PD is, I just don't see them managing an additional platform with the current staff, they would need to add additional people who's focus is the PC platform.
Also would hate for game updates held up by the additional platform.

Only considering it? Funny, @Nathan88 claimed months back that the port was already in progress.

disney classic GIF
I'll spell it out. Work is ongoing on a GT7 PC port, it has yet to be officially announced. Numerous tech journalists are aware of this. As with any PC port, there's a learning process for titles which weren't designed from the outset with PC in mind. Kaz spun a yarn about release platforms capable of 4K/60. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of PC gaming is aware recent hardware is more than capable of running GT7 at the required specs. The more pressing matter is fully utilising PC's capabilities, and for that matter PS5's.

I've never been anything less than respectful towards you. In your rush to undermine others you've demonstrated you don't recognise PR double speak when it's staring you in the face. I expect a not dissimilar answer if a journalist has enquired about PSVR2.

Sony made $80m from PC last financial year and expect that to increase to $300m this year. That's without any day-and-date releases.

Last edited:
Pluralism never hurt anyone, it's good to have more choices to select anyway.
After all you don't have to be a " prisoner" of Sony for life.
Two years after the release of ps5 and not only is impossible to find a console alone (not at scalping price ) but you have to pay way more for games and staff you don't want.
Imagine that if gt7 was only for ps5 how bad the sales it would be and not mention the frustration ( at least ) from the lack of availability for the funs of the game.
Now millions of ps4 owners can play it or taste it and why not and pc owners ?
Gran turismo is well established series these days globally and don't have to be Sony privilege anymore.
All the playstation i bought was for GT and always i had a pc at the same time.
Now things like quality, cheating and others are not serious to concern for the majority of the funs , at the past people play for FUN , now some people are playing to make money or live from that and might worry about it but am not in this club.

Imagine how much better the game would be if PD focused on the PS5 exclusively.

The content updates are slow, meager, and full of bugs as it is across 2 console generations, I can't wait to see how much worse it'll get with a PC release added into the mix.
I don't know if bugs ,slow updates , quality etc. are due to 2 console generations and you might have right (or not ) .
They are many If on the table but one thing is certain since is all about money, it would be a financial disaster for PD releasing ( an incomplete game ) for ps5 only .
At least now millions of copies went for ps4 owners .
Unless GT series became only for the rich people and didn't notice yet.
Anyway in a few years from now , games will be available only with a digital code, they will skip all this procedure with copies ,packing , transfering etc . and more profitable of course.

PS
Life has many and in some cases serious problems.
I won't make another one due to Pd ,Sony ,Kaz or whatever , cause the fun they provide me doesn't suit my preferences.

Kaz doesn't think that way, and it shows as the online requirement. It's not like there is no precedent; PS3-era GTs are an excellent example.

As a completely casual person who has tried FH5 as their first Forza, I was quite shocked by the overwhelming cheating going on in leaderboards.
Kaz says he doesn't think that way. There's reason to think that he may not be telling the whole truth in this regard - they don't seem to have put in much effort elsewhere to ensure no cheating in competitive online.

Yes, there was rampant "cheating" going on in PS3-era GTs, and it made the games better. The XP grind in GT5 was completely ridiculous. If people are turned off by cheating on leaderboards then so be it, but if we're all honest it doesn't actually hurt the gameplay for a large quantity of people. Either because it just doesn't matter to how they play the game, or because they're having fun doing wacky stuff with cheats.

Ideally the developer would just make a game that doesn't fall apart the first time a scriptkiddy looks at it funny, but nobody believes that's going to be the case for GT on PC. I'd rather have GT on PC with some people cheating than no have it on PC at all. I don't think it fundamentally breaks the single player experience that is the main draw for Gran Turismo.
Comon fellas do we honestly think Kaz will allow people to mod his game ?

we will be lucky if he lets us change resolutions :mischievous:
He won't allow it, but I also don't think Polyphony is capable of stopping people from doing it. They're just not that good.
I'll spell it out. Work is ongoing on a GT7 PC port, it has yet to be officially announced. Numerous tech journalists are aware of this.
So you'll be able to provide proof or corroboration this time then, right?

No?

Nothing?

I am shocked.

Imagine how much better the game would be if PD focused on the PS5 exclusively.

The content updates are slow, meager, and full of bugs as it is across 2 console generations, I can't wait to see how much worse it'll get with a PC release added into the mix.
Nah, this ain't it. PS4 and 5 are so similar in terms of architecture, API, infrastructure that it's really easy to make a game working on both. The update speed has nothing to do with supporting both consoles.

Nah, this ain't it. PS4 and 5 are so similar in terms of architecture, API, infrastructure that it's really easy to make a game working on both. The update speed has nothing to do with supporting both consoles.
Yes, we're getting these buggy drip feed updates (on top of the parts of the game that have been broken since release) when PD only has to develop on, in effect, one singular platform. I have zero confidence that PD is capable of supporting a PC release alongside. And if they have to outsource the PC port to a thirdparty, I can only imagine the communication nightmare that would entail.

I don't know about anyone else but I personally don't want more 30 hour maintenances.

Last edited:
For the last 20 years i would have been very glad to hear this. Now i still have an old Gaming PC from 2015 but i play 100% on my PS5 till it's release. PC gaming became so expensive thus uninteresting since the Hardware price hikes, I don't plan to get a new one ever. Also it took me years to get used to a controller, but now i don't want to change back to sitting at a desk instead of the couch. I don't play strategy games or EgoShooters though.

At the same time that the game was in the Nvidia leak and many games on that list have been confirmed, I already knew that GT7 was going to come out on PC, the question that remains now would be when is it going to come out on PC?

For most people's PC hardwares that are likely to be 5 years old now, I can only imagine the solid 60 experience that GT mandates for core gameplay sequences could experience the same stuttering as how the PS3 GT games feel to play as.

I'm all in for a PC release still.
And how old is the PS4?

At least we won't have to keep buying PlayStation licensed steering wheels.

At the same time that the game was in the Nvidia leak and many games on that list have been confirmed, I already knew that GT7 was going to come out on PC, the question that remains now would be when is it going to come out on PC?
Maybe they're hoping to have something ready before the next Forza Motorsport game releases on Xbox and PC

Maybe they're hoping to have something ready before the next Forza Motorsport game releases on Xbox and PC
I also believe that, my bet in the case of the launch of both GT7 and Horizon FW, Ghost of Tsushima or Demon Souls Remake among other Sony games (which were also in the Nvidia Leak) is throughout 2023, GT7 would be one of the first Sony games to require a mandatory login with the PlayStation account (not optional as in the Spider-Man game) for the issue of crossplay and crosssave with consoles as seen in certain job offers from Sony.

Last edited:
In order to release GT7 on PC, I hope that Playstation would release their own launcher and the PS Store there instead of having to rely on Steam.

I'll spell it out. Work is ongoing on a GT7 PC port, it has yet to be officially announced. Numerous tech journalists are aware of this.
Which tech journalists? How do you know? What happened to your friendly dev at a PD studio, were they made up?
I posted where I heard about the PC port weeks ago. A dev at a PD studio who works on localisation.
If all you're actually basing your statements on are things said in public, as it seems to be the case, then just say that. If you quit posting as if you have inside sources who know things for certain, I wouldn't keep pulling you up on them.

Why would you actively want yet another launcher just to play one game?
It's only a matter of time , same like xbox does
i can see GT7 on PC but it will be online only and you would need a PSN account

Last edited:
I'll spell it out. Work is ongoing on a GT7 PC port, it has yet to be officially announced. Numerous tech journalists are aware of this. As with any PC port, there's a learning process for titles which weren't designed from the outset with PC in mind. Kaz spun a yarn about release platforms capable of 4K/60. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of PC gaming is aware recent hardware is more than capable of running GT7 at the required specs. The more pressing matter is fully utilising PC's capabilities, and for that matter PS5's.

I've never been anything less than respectful towards you. In your rush to undermine others you've demonstrated you don't recognise PR double speak when it's staring you in the face. I expect a not dissimilar answer if a journalist has enquired about PSVR2.

Sony made $80m from PC last financial year and expect that to increase to $300m this year. That's without any day-and-date releases.

80m,300m? They make on average 25b a year… that’s a huge risk for barely 1% gain lol. They’ve already made 300m in 1 week of GoW Ragnarok sales, so I don’t see why 300m from 10 PC ports is supposed to be impressive. More proof that there’s massive overlap. I know the ports won’t stop, it’s just wishful thinking, but it’d objectively be better for everyone if they stuck to one platform and drop ps4 and pc.

Great news for me. Gran Turismo 7 is the only game on the PS5 I care about and I couldn't see myself paying scalper prices to play 1 (one) game, and then having to pay for multiplayer on top of that. It was in the GeForce Now leak as well so it's basically all but officially confirmed now.

It's only a matter of time , same like xbox does
i can see GT7 on PC but it will be online only and you would need a PSN account
Microsoft eventually caved in and put Forza on Steam. No idea if it requires the Windows 10 Store though since I never gave it a try.

Back