Polyphony Digital Returning Car Survey for GT7

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 50 comments

Which iconic cars of Gran Turismo's past should make a return?

• Total voters
As for as the suggestions thread, if it were active in this GT7 forum, it might get more views. People may even vote. However, unless people bump a car or add one, it's not getting much light, as what the GT7 forum is getting.

Well, as a suggestion(no pun intended), I'd think the 1st-Gen Focus RS and Focus WRC are a bit more iconic than the Focus ST and Mustang GT Premium. I understand, as mentoned, it's not a perfect all encompassing list.

I think the top 3 are pretty good... GT-One, Escudo, LFA. GT-One was terrific to drive in GT4. LFA is there best sounding road car of all time (tied for first with the cgt). The Escudo needs no introduction.

1. BMW 2002 Turbo ‘73
  2. HONDA CR-X del Sol SiR ‘92
  3. LEXUS LFA ‘10
  4. MERCEDES-BENZ E190 E 2.5 Evolution ll ‘91
  5. PEUGEOT 205 Turbo 16 ‘85
  6. RENAULT 5 Turbo ‘80
  7. TOMMY KAIRA ZZll ‘00
  8. TOYOTA 7 Race Car ‘70
  9. TOYOTA GT-One (TS020) ‘99
  10. TVR Cerbera Speed 12 ‘00

I voted for the following historic cars:
Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto "66"
Bmw Turbo 2002 "73"
Cizeta V16T "94"
Cupola Zero "78"
Ford RS200 "84"
Mazda Cosmo Sport "67"
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16"85"
Renault 5 Turbo "80"
Volvo 240 GLT Estate "88"
Jaguar XJ220 "92"

Last edited:
I just have one question: Why is this even a choice?

1635580684709.png

When its nothing more then a fictional rebadged version of this:

tumblr_oup16miGRt1ti77kbo1_1280.jpg

AKA, the one that actually exists.

Manuel_Reuter_-_Opel_Team_Joest_-_Opel_Calibra_V6_exits_The_Esses_%2832869934428%29.jpg

I just don't understand the logic behind this.

Last edited:
I just have one question: Why is this even a choice?

View attachment 1090647

When its nothing more then a fictional rebadged version of this:

tumblr_oup16miGRt1ti77kbo1_1280.jpg

AKA, the one that actually exists.

Manuel_Reuter_-_Opel_Team_Joest_-_Opel_Calibra_V6_exits_The_Esses_%2832869934428%29.jpg

I just don't understand the logic behind this.
Pardon my choice, UK based hence my selection of Vauxhall over Opel. You’re right, I’d go with the one that actually exists like you say.

I think the top 3 are pretty good... GT-One, Escudo, LFA. GT-One was terrific to drive in GT4. LFA is there best sounding road car of all time (tied for first with the cgt). The Escudo needs no introduction.
Unfortunately, I recall hearing that the Escudo we all know and love no longer exists IRL; I can't remember if it was dismantled or heavily modified. But yeah, I'd love to see the LFA return, and potentially see the GT-One (TS020) in Gr.1.

EDIT: Also, as far as Lexus goes, I also wanna see the return of the SC430 and the IS F.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I recall hearing that the Escudo we all know and love no longer exists IRL;
I can't find any info on that but even if it was, the model they already have that they tarted up a bit for GT6 seems to be decent enough to work off to create a more detailed version.

Red%2BSuzuki%2BEscudo%2BPikes%2BPeak%2BWallpaper.jpg

The basic geometry is all there and they seem to know all the materials, it just needs to all be higher resolution and more polys in the body itself.

Combined with real photos or perhaps even original drawings/plans that Suzuki may have I think they could manage something realistic enough. Interior might be harder but if they only go off images and videos that we can find it's not like anyone can point out any errors if the real thing no longer exists.

Last edited:
Its simple... We need the opel cars from gt6.. why PD kill Opel?
The sale from GM to PSA/Stellantis probably got in the way, it was all being negotiated right around development of GTS. Do Stellantis now own all the rights to license the old GM Opels and Vauxhalls? I don't know, but if they do, they could return in GT7 if PD have struck a new deal with them.

Last edited:
Is this a personal wish list camouflaged as a poll? :indiff:

No? Then you forgot a bunch of cars.
I fully understand there will be many cars not mentioned that didn't make the cut. I've done my best to narrow it down to just under a hundred, taking a roughly equal sample from all six mainline entries. If I haven't listed what you believe to be a series defining vehicle, just mention it and let's hope your fellow GT fans will give it a bunch of likes. Remember this isn't a wish list for cars that have yet to debut in the game.

@Razamataz
The thing is, I fail to see why it was narrowed down to those specific cars you listed. Were they chosen without any bias? Polls like these need some clearly defined boundaries in order to give reliable results.

The sale from GM to PSA/Stellantis probably got in the way, it was all being negotiated right around development of GTS. Do Stellantis now own all the rights to license the old GM Opels and Vauxhalls? I don't know, but if they do, they could return in GT7 if PD have struck a new deal with them.
I am one of the admins of opel-club.gr .
All the opel fans want the opel cars that was in the old gt games..

Mazda Cosmo 110S, and Datsun SR-311 (150 bhp/950 kg, in the 1960's!!) would be well received by me.

I had completely forgotten about the Daihatsu Midget II,. Anyone remember the GT4 race where you won the original Midget as a prize?

Latest Posts

Back