Polyphony Digital trying out Forza 3

• Thread starter skingg
  • 91 comments
Haha thats just bull. If you don't remember before GT5 Prologue Kaz said in an interview that he hasn't even come half way with Gran Turismo yet. But he can't just rush in every feature at the same time and hope it holds. He takes it feature by feature and it takes time. He knows that and he even jokes about it himself. I knew before that Forza fans likes to tell the world that the game they play is the best of them all and that GT sucks because you can't drive 200 mph into a wall and get a small scratch on the bumper. But I didn't think the creators of Forza would sink that low.

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We should get all GTP to go and vote for GT5.:lol:

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We should get all GTP to go and vote for GT5.:lol:

Nooo no no! Let the kids have their lolipops. I leave ratings to the professionals. So far it's been quiet even.

1. Gran Turismo (1998) 94.71%
  2. Gran Turismo 3 A-spec (2001) 94.30%
  3. Forza Motorsport (2005) 92.89%
  4. Gran Turismo 2 (1999) 92.52%
  5. Forza Motorsport 2 (2007) 89.61%
  6. Gran Turismo 4 (2005) 89.43%

Last edited:
when gt5 comes out forza 3 will be immediately obsolete. gt5's online racing alone will make it a better game than forza 3.

Dam we're getting destroyed at the polls ;).
But my god has turn 10 irritated me with their absolute rubbish, 'GT is yesterday Forza is today' pretty much summarises it, I dont see their point, they are talking about a game that hasnt come out, and when it does Iam 90% sure that it will eat Forza 3 the same way GT4 ate the original, sure I might sound like a fanboy now, but take it this way, until Turn 10 started saying how good forza 3 is and how its going to tear GT5 apart I wanted the game, now there is no way in hell im buying it, turn 10 just seem like a bunch of selfish cocky developers that seem to market products the same way that apple does, 'Buy ours, its better it wont crash, but we wont mention the fact that it does nothing and runs nothing, pathetic turn 10, why cant everyone be like Kazunori on stage a little shaky but hey, he seems to respect us and other companies as much as we respect him, even admitting to enjoying mario kart.

Dam we're getting destroyed at the polls ;).
But my god has turn 10 irritated me with their absolute rubbish, 'GT is yesterday Forza is today' pretty much summarises it, I dont see their point, they are talking about a game that hasnt come out, and when it does Iam 90% sure that it will eat Forza 3 the same way GT4 ate the original, sure I might sound like a fanboy now, but take it this way, until Turn 10 started saying how good forza 3 is and how its going to tear GT5 apart I wanted the game, now there is no way in hell im buying it, turn 10 just seem like a bunch of selfish cocky developers that seem to market products the same way that apple does, 'Buy ours, its better it wont crash, but we wont mention the fact that it does nothing and runs nothing, pathetic turn 10, why cant everyone be like Kazunori on stage a little shaky but hey, he seems to respect us and other companies as much as we respect him, even admitting to enjoying mario kart.

I think the latest GT5P vs Forza 2 is their fuel. It will burn out when they compare Forza to a full version. ;)

edit: Where is this poll anyway?

gran tourismo? :) Fourcza?

Reminds me of my girlfriend; she jokingly calls Gran Turismo Granny Tourism :sly:

She's not exactly the biggest gamer ever, but i showed her the trailer for GT5 and she loved it, so there's obviously hope for Granny Tourism 5 breaking into the casual market yet :P

Reminds me of my girlfriend; she jokingly calls Gran Turismo Granny Tourism :sly:

She's not exactly the biggest gamer ever, but i showed her the trailer for GT5 and she loved it, so there's obviously hope for Granny Tourism 5 breaking into the casual market yet :P

Haha that was a good one :)

People take this stuff way too seriously, like somebody insulted their mother or something like that. ;) Lighten up, it's just the marketing bobo's pulling a little prank. :)

It reminds me a bit of this ad war between Audi, BMW, Subaru and Bentley: http://americatopten.blogspot.com/2006/12/advertisement-war-bmw-started-it-audi.html I found this one quite amusing. :)

Brilliant :lol:

Reminds me of this:

bmw_v_audi_sign_war.jpg

:lol:

I still get FM3 and GT5 full game.

But all I can say is that GT5 is been in works for 5 years, and its 10 years + KAZ Dream that is only 50% complete (I bet its going to be 75-80% by GT6 on PS4)

Forza 3 ... Each game is only in make for TWO years. So yeah.. Now they come up to a stage, with unfinished game and say things like "We have best HD graphics, We have best Console SIM out there" .. Only after two years of making the game? They need to get more professional and stop opening their mouths until I and everyone else plays the game.

You should all check the same thread over at Neogaf just in order to get the clear picture what happens when the real trolling begins fueled with biasism, help of various T10 related people and without any objective look at the matter.

However, nothing less was expected to be honest. Some people will never learn.

So much to read, so much to despise.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364561

lol, these posts made me laugh:

Cheeto
Oh god...what have you done

sprsk
I think it's safe to say Yamauchi doesn't speak for his whole team.

Doc Evils
Kaz's friend drinks tea with CEO's of car companies and design cars.

Turn10 wouldn't even get an invite to make toy cars.

KintaroJ
Wow. Trolling GT and promotiing your own game in rapid fire like that is some serious skills

The shopped pic of Yamauchi's Translator along with the pic with Miyomoto chekcing out the PSP go also had me cracking up.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You still have to unlock content in Froza.

;)

But you can easily unlock all cars pretty quickly in arcade mode. Then you can set up single player races with any car combination on any track by using the system link mode and it's race creator--even without another console--so you can plan the exact race you want. If you like massive flexibility in single player races and don't want to grind out races to purchase all the cars, this is a great feature.

I've been playing GT since day 1 on the original Playstation and I am a big fan of the games but some of the simple things in game design such as this, PD has not yet offered. What I did love about GT5P is the ability to download a saved game file from the net so you don't have to grind all the races to have the full car selection. That was terrific. I am an adult with a family and job and I don't have time to play videogames day and night--I want to access the content in a racing game straight away, just like most PC racing games offer.

You will be able to do the same with GT5 (download saves), not right away at release but they should roll in pretty quick. :)

"The competitors are checking out their competition instead of trash talking like douchebags... by the way, they're arrogant asses and they have a ****** game."

You stay classy turn10

But you can easily unlock all cars pretty quickly in arcade mode. Then you can set up single player races with any car combination on any track by using the system link mode and it's race creator--even without another console--so you can plan the exact race you want. If you like massive flexibility in single player races and don't want to grind out races to purchase all the cars, this is a great feature.
Considering the unlocked cars you could play in Arcade Mode in Gran Turismo games have been larger than the entire car list in the first two forzas, GT3 aside, I'm not seeing this as a big wow.

Considering the unlocked cars you could play in Arcade Mode in Gran Turismo games have been larger than the entire car list in the first two forzas, GT3 aside, I'm not seeing this as a big wow.

The number of cars certainly helps make a wide set of buyers happy. Personally, I have no time for most of the cars in Forza or GT but want the best variety of high end sports cars and race cars.

But my point isn't about the number of cars, it is about the flexibility of the game. PC games from Simbin, as well as Forza, allow you to create races exactly as you want and give you access to however many cars are in the game either right away (Simbin) or very quickly, Forza. As I said, GT now lets you download saves so that takes care of the car access feature. Now, if they add a flexible race feature which most of their sim counterparts already have, it will be a nice advance.

I just read and watched a few sim racer site previews from E3 on the racing games there. Both gave Forza 3 a big thumbs up.

Forza PR has been quite agressive towards GT. Eg. They said that great wheel like gt25 is useless if game does not have full support for it. This time GT5:P(or gthd) was a bit unfinnished in controller department. Forza itself has never had any GT25 support.

Wow, Danny Boy is a real prick! You know what? It's really par for the course from the M$ camp. They follow the "Symbolism over Substance" model pretty well. As always, the mentality of "sell the sizzle and beat the competition to a pulp with their delusions of grandeur" is a good sign of inferior products.

Forza PR has been quite agressive towards GT. Eg. They said that great wheel like gt25 is useless if game does not have full support for it. This time GT5:P(or gthd) was a bit unfinnished in controller department. Forza itself has never had any GT25 support.

I agree I mean the 360 wheel has far superior shifter as well as clutch system.

Wait, what is that Johnny, the MS wheel only has paddle shifters and no clutch at all. Well consider that previous statement void.

Back