Polyphony Digital Will "Add More Events Through Updates" to GT Sport's Campaign Mode

It doesnt matter how "in depth" your sticker applying is, your still just putting stickers on your car. So, yeah, your OPINON may be that its more then that...But its putting stickers on your car. Cool sure. A replacement for the maintenance/oil changes/performance shop where you could upgrade you exhaust, engine interals, intakes, driveline parts ect? No. Not even close.

It dosent matter how many of the cars were dlc, free or otherwise in assetto corsa. Fact is thats the amount of cars thats out right now as oppose to how many gran turismo decided to launch with. Dont hold your breath on that "500 cars" bs either. Ill believe it when i see it. If you remember we have been promised alot that was never delivered and taken back on gt5 and gt6. Besides, think about that. Thats what, 350 dlc cars? You think thats gonna be free??? Hahaha. I smell a microtransaction fiasco ALONG with a 49.99 season pass announced. And maybe in actuality still MAYBE a 100 cars total dlc, if you have deep deep pockets.

Arcade mode may be playable, but you will not get anything for doing so unless your online. Zero progression or saves unless your online. So...fake news mr trump??? And yes, all those lil races and mini missions are far more styled in design to represent the license tests from past gran turismos as oppose to the actual cups and seasons that were ALSO in past gran turismos. Maybe someone needs to go back and play some of the older titles again? Or for the 1st time even??

They made a bold decision and brought out a new kind of GT for sure. BUT i dont think its for the better. We already have what gt is givin us. Its a shame cause the graphics ard great, the sounds have been greatly improved, and the controlls are as buttery smooth as ever. I will admit. But the rest? Theres just too much other competition out there and GT isnt bringing anything different to the table, isnt stickin to what made them the "ultimate driving simulator", and what it does do it does seemingly worse then the competition.

And then releasing right after 2 of their biggest competitors new games, are they TRYING to self destruct here? Maybe Kaz is getting tired. Maybe he dont wanna do it anymore. And this is his lashing out/cry for help.
I never played Forza. But if you look at PC2 (which I like) it's pretty bareboned compared to GT. The interface, the soundtrack, the gallery, livery editor, the car gallery, driving school, missions and beautifullly detailed museums (love the timeline with historical landmarks) etc. and without mentioning the nr of cars and tracks. I respect your opinion and not criticizing I'm just wondering if you looked beyond the nr of cars and tracks and look at the content. In the demo only a few missions were available. I don't know if you like the senna content of gt6, but I liked it a lot. If we can get more content like that (mission wise) like beating hamilton's reference times, more "historical content", maybe even additional reference times by famous drivers with the game (I'd like to know how close I can get to Verstappen!). I prefer that over Sunday cups/ classic car cups etc. and grinding credits just to collect more cars.

The SP content in PC2 is also lacking. You can race lots of cars on lots of tracks, drive a racingweekend, but there is no extra content beyond that. It's improved over PC1, but it's more of an evolution. Absolutely nothing wrong with that ofcourse. But GT sport showed me something more and although not the same GT as the ones before it is also opening new possibilities in online/offline content.

Ah, I think I know how the campaign/missions is going to work now, it's basically GT Mode set out in an ordered narrative to mimic a story mode... possibly.
I agree. It's more structured. And it's going to be quite easy to add more missions/content. And if it sells well and helps Sony get more people to sign up for PlayStation plus. We might get a lot of free content.

PlayStation plus is totally worth it btw. I got rigs, infamous, just cause 3, metal gear solid v. All for free in the last 3/4 months alone!

I agree. It's more structured. And it's going to be quite easy to add more missions/content. And if it sells well and helps Sony get more people to sign up for PlayStation plus. We might get a lot of free content.

PlayStation plus is totally worth it btw. I got rigs, infamous, just cause 3, metal gear solid v. All for free in the last 3/4 months alone!

MSG V is free on PlayStation Plus right now! I just checked lol

Well, after closed beta and the open beta testing i really don't gonna get this GT Sport on launch.

Also don't believe a lot the words and promises of Mr. Kazonuri..
The 20 years of experience playing his games shown me that.
Mostly with the last 2 games.

So i will see the evolution this time as an spectator... And depending how the game evaluate i will get it with an reduced price or an "complete edition".

Local game saving without needing Internet is one of the things i expect to see it back like in the beginning of the closed beta....because as it is now... I The server is down you can't save your progress o you only can play "arcade mode"... Don't like that at all.

Time will say with this GT...

When I first heard about the new career direction I was worried about blandness and lack of structured offline racing. Now after trying the tasters in the demo and seeing that there's actually huge diversity in the mission section, I was just left with worries that the campaign would be too short. It looks like that worry's going away too, PD's just been slowly eating away at the things I've been concerned about lately 👍 👍 👍

This move also jut kinda makes sense with post launch support. I remember with GT5 and GT6 when DLC tracks came out they were just sort of in the game but weren't part of any of the game's structure or events, so those who jumped in a bit later post-launch didn't always see them or make use of them. With games having more and more post launch support and add-on content these days it's logical to expand game's story/campaign/career modes to make use of them. Glad to hear this is happening, and I hope it'll be a little more than 5/6's weekly/bi-weekly sets of races.

In what way? Sales wise, GTS will most likely beat both PC2 and Forza 7.

oh my god
We will see what the sales numbers say.
I never played Forza. But if you look at PC2 (which I like) it's pretty bareboned compared to GT. The interface, the soundtrack, the gallery, livery editor, the car gallery, driving school, missions and beautifullly detailed museums (love the timeline with historical landmarks) etc. and without mentioning the nr of cars and tracks. I respect your opinion and not criticizing I'm just wondering if you looked beyond the nr of cars and tracks and look at the content. In the demo only a few missions were available. I don't know if you like the senna content of gt6, but I liked it a lot. If we can get more content like that (mission wise) like beating hamilton's reference times, more "historical content", maybe even additional reference times by famous drivers with the game (I'd like to know how close I can get to Verstappen!). I prefer that over Sunday cups/ classic car cups etc. and grinding credits just to collect more cars.

The SP content in PC2 is also lacking. You can race lots of cars on lots of tracks, drive a racingweekend, but there is no extra content beyond that. It's improved over PC1, but it's more of an evolution. Absolutely nothing wrong with that ofcourse. But GT sport showed me something more and although not the same GT as the ones before it is also opening new possibilities in online/offline content.
Thats kinda my point though. I realized that upon 1st playing drive club, project cars and even assetto corsa, they disappointed me due to lack of content/progression ect. Everythjng was open immediately and you ran what you were given. And my disappoiment in those games stemmed from my standards i had with the gran turismo series. Luckily i have a large group to race with on these basically online only racers, while i paitently waited years for the next GT.

And, then we get this... Its seems as the leader has become the follower. And on top of that did so many baffling design choices that makes the execution worse then the others. Boring career mode where you drive what your given, no reason buy cars when they are given to you, no real way to mod them, no maintenance you have to keep up on them, nothing. Except for horrible AI that are dirtier then a hobos @$$hole. In a game that went out of their way to discourage and punish dirty racers with the DR and SR systems...

Add to that the fact that it has to have a constant connection to not only play any mode, but also to save! No local saving! Yes yes 2017 everyone has internet blah blah. Except not everyone does (i do), internet outages happen and can last a while, and as we all seen, we could have perfect internet but if PDs servers crash at any time, no game for us. We mid race in a long ass and brutal race, and lose connection? Welp too bad. Lose everything. All of our data and progress is at the mercy of PD and their servers. If theres ever a failure, we lose EVERYTHING in an instant. No backup saves. Nothing. They get hacked or Ddosed? Your SOL. When they decide to turn the servers off and no longer support it, your beat. Your game is useless. Locked out of everything, no cars, no money. All the money you spent on the game and dlc down the drain.

This is totally unacceptable and i can not believe that people are turning a blind eye to this just because "omg its gt!". Again you want a game with no sense of progression, no performance mods/upgrades, where you dont have to start off with crap, and work and build your way up, thats cool. There are games out there for that. Games that do that well.

Gran Turismo however was never that game. Grand turismo has set the standard and raised the bar since 1997. It created an entire genre. Its legendary. And now, it just feels like a generic rip off of every other racing game thats been following this trend, with a coat of classic GT feel painted on it. Except with the inclusion of some seriously baffaling design flaws.

And yet, people keep defending it. Look if you like it great. If all you want is another game that follows this trend thats been going on (assetto corsa, driveclub,project cars) thats fine. I own those games too and for what they ARE, they are good racers. But what they ARE NOT is gran turismo. And neither is this GT Sport. So dont act like this is classic gran turismo. Cause in my mind this is nothing but a bastardized spin off of what was at one time a great and legandary series.

Can One Lap Magic come back? Please? We really need an expanded offline mode, please deliver PD! More endurance style races, gymkhana, three lap battles, slipstream challenges and novelty missions like knocking over cones. An updated mission 34 anyone?

I wish they add seasonal events like GT6. Probably make the longer too. Its would also be nice if they added another difficulty level. i really
like the AI IN GT SPORT , just wish the were a little quicker and more aggressive somtimes.

And, then we get this... Its seems as the leader has become the follower. And on top of that did so many baffling design choices that makes the execution worse then the others. Boring career mode where you drive what your given, no reason buy cars when they are given to you, no real way to mod them, no maintenance you have to keep up on them, nothing. Except for horrible AI that are dirtier then a hobos @$$hole. In a game that went out of their way to discourage and punish dirty racers with the DR and SR systems...

Add to that the fact that it has to have a constant connection to not only play any mode, but also to save! No local saving! Yes yes 2017 everyone has internet blah blah. Except not everyone does (i do), internet outages happen and can last a while, and as we all seen, we could have perfect internet but if PDs servers crash at any time, no game for us. We mid race in a long ass and brutal race, and lose connection? Welp too bad. Lose everything. All of our data and progress is at the mercy of PD and their servers. If theres ever a failure, we lose EVERYTHING in an instant. No backup saves. Nothing. They get hacked or Ddosed? Your SOL. When they decide to turn the servers off and no longer support it, your beat. Your game is useless. Locked out of everything, no cars, no money. All the money you spent on the game and dlc down the drain.

This is totally unacceptable and i can not believe that people are turning a blind eye to this just because "omg its gt!". Again you want a game with no sense of progression, no performance mods/upgrades, where you dont have to start off with crap, and work and build your way up, thats cool. There are games out there for that. Games that do

I will agree in the last mission the AI are programmed to play dirty, this is probably to make getting a gold trophy be extremely hard, not saying I agree but I understand.

I have done countless custom and single races offline with multiple classes and types of cars and not once have I seen the AI act the same as they did in that one mission. Actually just really solid fun racing with the best AI I have ever raced against and usually the top two AI cars will make you drive on the limits to keep the lead. There were a couple of instances where I felt the AI punted me but going into the replay of the race it was actually my fault as they were in my blind spot and I cut them off!

When the servers are down all the content in the arcade mode is there on your machine not requiring the servers at all. All the cars in your garage and all the races and options in the section. Yes it will not save your credits until the servers come back on line but it does not affect the play ability of the game at all and you still have all your cars and upgrades.

So far we have only seen a portion of the game in the demo as a lot was still locked out. If anything the game is advancing to what the current majority of players want out of a game. I am like you and older so "back in the day stuff" still feels normal. Believe me we are a very small percentage of gamer's and the majority of the younger generation raised on social media want the online interaction with their friends much more than playing single player alone!

Just like what us old folks consider good music the younger generation has no clue who you are talking about when you mention Led Zeppelin, The Doors or Black Sabbath. It is like OZZIE WHO?

Overall I think we have a good start here and with the way DLC is so common today this is probably just the beginning. Consoles today and the digital age add the possibilities to so much expansion and expansion packs but if a 9.99 expansion pack freshens up a game to be fun for another year who is the winner or would you prefer to want a 59.99 game released every year that gave you the same thing.
Times have changed and us old folks need to adapt a bit as well!

Who gives a ****. With the complete lackluster career mode and the most horrifying AI ever, who gives a crap about more stupid ass "career missions". How about they work on fixing the complete atrocious and broken AI 1st huh? You know, the ai who contactly runs into you, purposely rams you and spins you out and isnt even effected themselves. Especially that white viper. That viper is the devil himself. Every. Single. Time.

This game and series has become a gigantic joke. Way too late releases, and ever since gt5 just complete trash. Forza has become a more then full price $100 microtransaction fest, GT has been a complete waste of time with broken promises and delay after delay year after year, and the rest of the racing sims have no career or progression to even speak of.

At a time where there are so many racing games out there, where it finally sees its day, its completely dying at the same time. All crap.

After spending over 6 hours trying to do the last endurance race in the demo, only to be continuly wiped out over and over, fighting to the front of the pack just to be magically wiped out on the last turn of the last lap, im done. Anyone cant disagree or fanboy all they want, but dont kid yourself. This game was NOT worth the wait. At all. My biggest reason i got a ps2 was gt3. Ps3 was gt5, which i had to wait years for. Same with why i got a ps4. You knkw what? Sorry sony, and PD. You lose. I will not be getting a ps5, or the next gran turismo, and neither will any of my crew of 20. We have all decided to go with pc and not wait around for another crapfest from pd. Half of us have already moved to pc. Some of us probably even wont be alive for the next gran turismo considering we will be stuck with this garbage for another decade.

Sou
I kinda like it that they have condensed the amount of cars this time around. I dont care about 700 cars which are nice to look at, but not sure that they all have unique handling, sound and feel to them, nor that those numbers are real.
Let me explain. I'm an engineer, and sometimes we use charts an graphs from certain product catalogues to do some calculations. I know for a fact, that those numbers and graphs are a guestimation. Sure, small portion of that data is really based on measurements in labs. Other data is than extrapolated from that data with some error, and the rest is deliberatlly altered to make it look different. And reason is that there is to much of data to aquire it properly trough measurements.

Now if you have 700, 1000 or what ever crazy number of cars, no way that all of them are trully authentic. And yeah, I'm 35, wife and a kid, day job, constant home improvement projects... Guess what .. I don't have time for 700 cars...sheesh. You know who has time for that- kids. And guess what kids want-more and more toys, so they whine about how they don't have enough cars, tracks, stickers... GTS is not for them (with racing etiquete, rules etc), that's how I see it.

150, 170 cars...now that's doable. They could really male those cars unique, and give us true experience.

I have to agree with Mike. The used car dealership and ancient cars in GT6 were fun, but I never got bored earning cars in GT3. I love that we have gotten back to being able to earn cars that are randomly chosen. Give me 10-15 new cars quarterly during events and continue to grow the campaign mode. We will be good. I've said all along that I believe that they have more car models ready in order to keep a steady DLC pipeline going.

Are there custom races where a player can pick AI cars or is it just the Arcade Mode? There extra races are welcome. Just like seasonals.

Bearing in mind - I feel GTS will last until a PS5 launch, at least. Part of my logic is down to the fact that we know this is a "reboot", and we won't see GT7 etc. So, with that said, whilst this is reassuring, I thought it would be a given anyway. It's good to read, so credit to Polyphony for breaking silence. My concern still stands. Adding new challenges on 17 locations/40 courses, will get boring fairly quickly. I know it won't be the same for everyone.

I'm hopeful GTS will expand via tracks, both via free/paid DLC. I'd prefer to see this as the way that GTS, and its SP mode, expands at first. As track DLC arrives, it'll likely be crafted into extra SP mode stuff I'd imagine. Yes, tracks are costly. I'll happily pay to expand GTS, beyond the day one limiting experience, that I feel it is. I'll commit to GTS, once tracks arrive. I'm not prepared in 3 months to be bored crazy. The beta was exciting. The demo shows how much quality has improved at the studio. I feel that tracks/cars suffered.

Their announcement can keep people using SP mode longer, which is cool, but I long for news on tracks. It's really easy for someone at Sony/Polyphony, to tell fans how they'll deliver cars/tracks. Internally (licencing aside) they already will be aware of how the coming 12 months is going to pan out.

Not many more sleeps now peeps!!

Think about it like a real racing driver. How many different locations, in any one GT discipline, do they see a year? Six, seven on average? If this game were simulating open wheel, maybe there would be more(besides DLC).
As it is with this series, keeping in mind that "reboot" theory, know the tracks like the back of your hand. That may be good enough for many.

Difference is that it doesn’t take the average GT player an hour or so just to have the controls work enough get a car around.

I don’t want to turn this into another this vs that topic, but no one can really say that GT’s controls are something that needs immediate tweaking in the menu settings.

I know about the oversteer issue and for the time being I just set the oversteer aid correction thing to strong until PD fixes it.
You don't have to spend an hour in a couple of other games I can think of to get a car around either. The fact that there are both controller and wheel issues at the moment pretty much negates your working out of the box statement though. A workaround invloving driving aids that don't exist on the real life cars doesn't mean the issue isn't there.

VFOURMAX1 writes “Actually just really solid fun racing with the best AI I haveever raced against and usually the top two AI cars will make you drive on the limits to keep the lead.”

You have no idea how happy that statement makes me! I am going to lose myself in countless hours of custom races.

Think about it like a real racing driver. How many different locations, in any one GT discipline, do they see a year? Six, seven on average? If this game were simulating open wheel, maybe there would be more(besides DLC).
As it is with this series, keeping in mind that "reboot" theory, know the tracks like the back of your hand. That may be good enough for many.

All of your points are valid my friend. I'd like nothing more than to feel 100% happy about Kaz's choice regarding cars/tracks. I'll reply to a few of your comments, but I'm not wishing to upset anyone. I'm a 50 year old gamer, all I do is drive, so these new design choices have come as a bit of a shock to me lol. A real driver is paid to participate, and real world expenses mean teams (and sponsors) could not afford for them to spend much longer at every venue. Most sports are moving to greener/cheaper options, to help save our planet/money. If they could drive more - I'm sure they would. Some also play games in the genre, and also get their kicks by doing things such as Motocross in their spare time. This is a hobby. There aren't many tracks I don't know inside-out, in the main I've driven quite a few over the years. I do enjoy going back to them, sure, but I only buy games in the race genre - so I don't have other titles to fall back on.

WRC has 13 locations, Moto GP has 18, and F1 has 20. I know most fans won't care about the lack of tracks in GTS. If we forget about real-world drivers', and look at software available from different developers, the number in GTS can also be viewed as limited. We all come to GTP, and many of us buy different franchises to pass time with. Forza has 25+ real racing circuits, Project Cars 2 has 30+ too. They supply fictional locations on top of that too. I didn't expect Kaz to beat them. But, he's offering less than 10 real world race circuits. Which is kind of crazy for a "Sport" driving game I feel. I'll happily pay extra for 17 missing venues. I'm certainly not wishing to speak for others. I'd just prefer to spend as much time lapping in GTS as possible. I want to support Kaz and Polyphony, as I have previously. But sadly I'm going to be so restricted if I buy GTS, that at present - I'm not prepared to suffer that restriction.

I'm excited for what GTS can become in future months, but I don't think that should have been Kaz's aim. Of course it wasn't his aim. But he must have known some fans would either be ok with so few tracks, or, could be mortified and it may affect decisions to buy the game day one. Positively - I see that rally locations still shows the wording "Snow" in the location type. I look forward to more off road content. But, as a pure race title, with more racing circuits missing - compared to what is in the game on day one, I'm quite sad. I've spent months of my life painting cars within previous versions of Forza. I'm more excited to try that feature, than I am to buy GTS to drive on so few tracks. Which shouldn't be the point of buying a race title. I guess I'm just going to be late to the party. I'd love to think Kaz is listening, but I'm not 100% sure.

Had he included an epic number such as 250 scapes in GTS at launch, and then added a further 250 every 4 months, maybe, just maybe, that could have allowed an extra real world track or 2 for day one. If that was the case, and 2 real locations had made it through, I'd be buying GTS and not sitting it out.

I'm checking GTP daily in the hope of seeing track DLC news !!

Last edited:
All of your points are valid my friend. I'd like nothing more than to feel 100% happy about Kaz's choice regarding cars/tracks. I'll reply to a few of your comments, but I'm not wishing to upset anyone. I'm a 50 year old gamer, all I do is drive, so these new design choices have come as a bit of a shock to me lol. A real driver is paid to participate, and real world expenses mean teams (and sponsors) could not afford for them to spend much longer at every venue. Most sports are moving to greener/cheaper options, to help save our planet/money. If they could drive more - I'm sure they would. Some also play games in the genre, and also get their kicks by doing things such as Motocross in their spare time. This is a hobby. There aren't many tracks I don't know inside-out, in the main I've driven quite a few over the years. I do enjoy going back to them, sure, but I only buy games in the race genre - so I don't have other titles to fall back on.

WRC has 13 locations, Moto GP has 18, and F1 has 20. I know most fans won't care about the lack of tracks in GTS. If we forget about real-world drivers', and look at software available from different developers, the number in GTS can also be viewed as limited. We all come to GTP, and many of us buy different franchises to pass time with. Forza has 25+ real racing circuits, Project Cars 2 has 30+ too. They supply fictional locations on top of that too. I didn't expect Kaz to beat them. But, he's offering less than 10 real world race circuits. Which is kind of crazy for a "Sport" driving game I feel. I'll happily pay extra for 17 missing venues. I'm certainly not wishing to speak for others. I'd just prefer to spend as much time lapping in GTS as possible. I want to support Kaz and Polyphony, as I have previously. But sadly I'm going to be so restricted if I buy GTS, that at present - I'm not prepared to suffer that restriction.

I'm excited for what GTS can become in future months, but I don't think that should have been Kaz's aim. Of course it wasn't his aim. But he must have known some fans would either be ok with so few tracks, or, could be mortified and it may affect decisions to buy the game day one. Positively - I see that rally locations still shows the wording "Snow" in the location type. I look forward to more off road content. But, as a pure race title, with more racing circuits missing - compared to what is in the game on day one, I'm quite sad. I've spent months of my life painting cars within previous versions of Forza. I'm more excited to try that feature, than I am to buy GTS to drive on so few tracks. Which shouldn't be the point of buying a race title. I guess I'm just going to be late to the party. I'd love to think Kaz is listening, but I'm not 100% sure.

Had he included an epic number such as 250 scapes in GTS at launch, and then added a further 250 every 4 months, maybe, just maybe, that could have allowed and extra real world tracks or 2 for day one. If that was the case, I'd be buying GTS and not sitting it out.

I'm checking GTP daily in the hope of seeing track DLC news !!
I'm 46, so right there with you. The uncertainty of GTS, is why I didn't get a PS4. After reviews, I'll probably get a PS4 Pro and GTS.

I'm enjoying PC2 right now. I've got so much content. Haven't touched all the cars and tracks like I said I would. I'm mostly stuck into TCR cars and several tracks. Digging touring cars over sports cars.
So, with GTS, I see they have a few Gr.4 "touring sedans": Atenza, WRX, Evo and 3 box coupes- M4, RCF. Those types of cars interest me and I bet there are more to come.

Like I mentioned, I'm sure more real world Japanese tracks will make it in. I had my fill of Brands Hatch in most racing games. Interlagos should be refreshing. Plus, I don't know how many variations of Suzuka are included. With the multi-class racing and 30 car grids, trying out various cars at the same tracks will make for a good replay collection.

I'm looking forward to the livery editor as well. Just don't know where I'll find the time to fit all that in... But I'll make time.

Thats kinda my point though. I realized that upon 1st playing drive club, project cars and even assetto corsa, they disappointed me due to lack of content/progression ect. Everythjng was open immediately and you ran what you were given. And my disappoiment in those games stemmed from my standards i had with the gran turismo series. Luckily i have a large group to race with on these basically online only racers, while i paitently waited years for the next GT.

Welcome to modern gaming. Doesn't matter where you go, everything is going to be like this over the increased demand in quality. Look at the cars in GT back then, and compare them to now. It takes literally months to render a single car, the only reason FM7 and PC2 have more cars and tracks than GTS is because they already have 1-3 games present on this gen of consoles.
This is a common problem that extends to all sorts of games, not just GT, not just Racing Games in general, but everything. Look at the FPS market, back in the day you could get Halo, Unreal Tournament, or Quake with a full campaign and 30-60 maps. Now FPS games only have about a dozen maps and short, unmotivated campaigns that are only thrown in as an afterthought half the time. Doesn't matter if it's Battlefield, CoD, Halo, or any of the rest, it's just that the demand for HD quality has dealt a heavy blow to the quantity within games.

Ultimately, the only way to get that quantity back is to:
  • A) Transfer content across multiple sequels of the same franchise (Forza, Project CARS, GT5, GT6)
  • B) Rely on a strong modding community to fill the empty space in the game (Assetto Corsa)
  • C) Go with the Free-To-Play model and continually update your game with waves of patches, updates, and DLC over time (Driveclub, GT Sport).
Frankly I prefer the 3rd method.

I was there with Driveclub every step of the way and I loved it, that every month there was something new and exciting to be offered. With time they turned a mediocre game into a great game, doubling both the car and track list, fixing many core issues, and throwing several other surprises into the mix as well. Not only that, but the experience of being part of the game's evolution just made it all the better. To make a request for a car or a feature, and to then have that come to the game a month or two later; it was amazing. You weren't just playing a game, you were a part of something bigger, a community that was bonded in a way that no other racing game could offer. And I really think that both Sony and Polyphony took something from that, because it looks like they're doing it again with GT Sport.

Anyhow, best to just stay positive about things. Just wait a few months after release and watch GTS's progress. If you don't see the kind of progress you're looking for then don't buy it and move onto something else. As for the AI, that's likely to change, this is a demo after all, not the final product. If others share the same opinion as you, then it's almost guaranteed to change.

Anyhow, just chill and drink some tea or somethin', it ain't the end of the world. :cheers:

Last edited:

This is totally unacceptable and i can not believe that people are turning a blind eye to this just because "omg its gt!". Again you want a game with no sense of progression, no performance mods/upgrades, where you dont have to start off with crap, and work and build your way up, thats cool. There are games out there for that. Games that do that well.

Gran Turismo however was never that game. Grand turismo has set the standard and raised the bar since 1997. It created an entire genre. Its legendary. And now, it just feels like a generic rip off of every other racing game thats been following this trend, with a coat of classic GT feel painted on it. Except with the inclusion of some seriously baffaling design flaws.

And yet, people keep defending it. Look if you like it great. If all you want is another game that follows this trend thats been going on (assetto corsa, driveclub,project cars) thats fine. I own those games too and for what they ARE, they are good racers. But what they ARE NOT is gran turismo. And neither is this GT Sport. So dont act like this is classic gran turismo. Cause in my mind this is nothing but a bastardized spin off of what was at one time a great and legandary series.
My point was that GT sport is different from PC2, AC and the likes. But also different as former GT. The always online saving feature will definitely work out. I believe it was only for the demo. Wouldn't make sense at all for offline saving content. But I do shared the same opinions and concerns before, until I played the demo. SP content like former GT mode is absolutely there, just in another structure and it was challenging and quite fun. No other racing game I played has this kind of progression. They are more concentrated on just racing and cars, tracks. I welcome the new structure compared to the various cups in old GT. It felt too much like grinding and no feeling of progressment. The new structure gives you more of a feeling of accomplishment.

I almost never play online even though I have PlayStation plus. But I have seen enough extra SP content to make me preorder. Especially after announcing the extra mission content. Just be open for change and explore the other content that GT sport provides. Just comparing tracks and cars isn't really fair.

My point was that GT sport is different from PC2, AC and the likes. But also different as former GT. The always online saving feature will definitely work out. I believe it was only for the demo. Wouldn't make sense at all for offline saving content. But I do shared the same opinions and concerns before, until I played the demo. SP content like former GT mode is absolutely there, just in another structure and it was challenging and quite fun. No other racing game I played has this kind of progression. They are more concentrated on just racing and cars, tracks. I welcome the new structure compared to the various cups in old GT. It felt too much like grinding and no feeling of progressment. The new structure gives you more of a feeling of accomplishment.

I almost never play online even though I have PlayStation plus. But I have seen enough extra SP content to make me preorder. Especially after announcing the extra mission content. Just be open for change and explore the other content that GT sport provides. Just comparing tracks and cars isn't really fair.

1. The manual make it quite clear. The save is online. The. End.

2. Solo play is dependent on content. If you have less you can do less. Therefore comparing cars and tracks is entirely fair.

They have had FOUR years to come up with what they have delivered. It is not enough, in my view, even though the gameplay is great.

1. The manual make it quite clear. The save is online. The. End.

2. Solo play is dependent on content. If you have less you can do less. Therefore comparing cars and tracks is entirely fair.
1. I never read manuals But I can't imagine them repeating every "always online feature" fail in history. I m always online anyways, but I can imagine it to be an issue for a lot.
2. not entirely correct. Have you explored the total nr of mission? The museums, scapes, livery editor etc? That's content I didn't know I was missing in other titles.

I have PC2, AC and honestly I only drive max 20 different cars and a max of 20 tracks. If the game had 700 cars and 100 tracks how many would you honestly actually drive?

1. I never read manuals But I can't imagine them repeating every "always online feature" fail in history. I m always online anyways, but I can imagine it to be an issue for a lot.
2. not entirely correct. Have you explored the total nr of mission? The museums, scapes, livery editor etc? That's content I didn't know I was missing in other titles.

I have PC2, AC and honestly I only drive max 20 different cars and a max of 20 tracks. If the game had 700 cars and 100 tracks how many would you honestly actually drive?
As many as I'd want is the answer to that. More cars means more choice. With 700 cars you stand a much greater chance of getting the ones you want that you do with 170 cars. Same for tracks. The more there are the more likely you are to find one you like.

Did you play the demo? Server issues every day except the bonus day. Not maintenance - which also happened every day - issues. Nothing to do with my connection either. It is not funny to achieve something in game and then have the game not recognise that because the server wasn't responding. That is a game breaking feature.

As many as I'd want is the answer to that. More cars means more choice. With 700 cars you stand a much greater chance of getting the ones you want that you do with 170 cars. Same for tracks. The more there are the more likely you are to find one you like.

Did you play the demo? Server issues every day except the bonus day. Not maintenance - which also happened every day - issues. Nothing to do with my connection either. It is not funny to achieve something in game and then have the game not recognise that because the server wasn't responding. That is a game breaking feature.
I also had these issues. But it's not fair to judge a demo. They used it to test server stress. I hope they fix this in the final release.

I drive as many cars as I find interesting and have time for. In the last two games I drove and tuned at least 200 cars but I'm sure that's the exception. The more cars you have the more likely you are to find the ones you want. Choosing 20 from 100 is a lot different than choosing 20 from 500.

One thing, online only saves have been confirmed by PD to be in the full game. And its one of my biggest gripes. Its all the other things that just keep piling up to make it seem like its gonna be one master clusterfest.

I drive as many cars as I find interesting and have time for. In the last two games I drove and tuned at least 200 cars but I'm sure that's the exception. The more cars you have the more likely you are to find the ones you want. Choosing 20 from 100 is a lot different than choosing 20 from 500.

In the past editions of GT you may have 9 versions of a Skyline, 7 versions of a VW Golf and 6 versions of a same year model Corvette. So although it would list as having 22 cars for the aforementioned list in reality you only have an actual 3 cars available in different liveries or states of tune.

With the new edition it appears that car performance upgrades are adjustable as what the current race class being considered requires. So instead of needing 4 Corvettes in the garage in different stages of upgrades for HP or weight to be eligible for a particular class you would just go to your garage and if you had purchased all upgrades for a car just set the adjustments to meet the class as needed. Same with the new livery, with the new livery editor you can change the looks of a car at will.

So if now I am understanding this correctly if owning one car in this new game can equal perhaps and race in a multitude of classes that in past editions required owning 4 or 5 cars of the same types then there may not be as a drastic difference in the number of cars as it seems.

Also I am sure that PD can track through its servers which cars are the most popular and used the most across the majority of gamer's and those would be the cars concentrated on. Yes there will be a small percentage of players that are losing their favorite vintage cars as a choice but if PD tracking revealed that in past games only .0005 of 1% of the active people playing the game chose a particular class or model of car in past editions then those cars will be the ones gone first. Normal business sense eliminate what affects the least amount of users in a negative manner. Of course if you are one of those few it does not seem to be a minor change at all.

I think that this is the way the upgrade path on a car operates and if so fewer cars may not be as many fewer as it actually sounds like.

In the past editions of GT you may have 9 versions of a Skyline, 7 versions of a VW Golf and 6 versions of a same year model Corvette. So although it would list as having 22 cars for the aforementioned list in reality you only have an actual 3 cars available in different liveries or states of tune.

With the new edition it appears that car performance upgrades are adjustable as what the current race class being considered requires. So instead of needing 4 Corvettes in the garage in different stages of upgrades for HP or weight to be eligible for a particular class you would just go to your garage and if you had purchased all upgrades for a car just set the adjustments to meet the class as needed. Same with the new livery, with the new livery editor you can change the looks of a car at will.

So if now I am understanding this correctly if owning one car in this new game can equal perhaps and race in a multitude of classes that in past editions required owning 4 or 5 cars of the same types then there may not be as a drastic difference in the number of cars as it seems.

Also I am sure that PD can track through its servers which cars are the most popular and used the most across the majority of gamer's and those would be the cars concentrated on. Yes there will be a small percentage of players that are losing their favorite vintage cars as a choice but if PD tracking revealed that in past games only .0005 of 1% of the active people playing the game chose a particular class or model of car in past editions then those cars will be the ones gone first. Normal business sense eliminate what affects the least amount of users in a negative manner. Of course if you are one of those few it does not seem to be a minor change at all.

I think that this is the way the upgrade path on a car operates and if so fewer cars may not be as many fewer as it actually sounds like.
True and irrelevant at the same time. More unique cars = more choice. The fact that there were multiple versons of cars in prior games doesn't change that.

I also had these issues. But it's not fair to judge a demo. They used it to test server stress. I hope they fix this in the final release.
You do not know that to be the case. Yes they probably used it to test server stress. You can't say they did unless they said that was what it was for and they did not say that. The purpose of a demo is to try and entice more people to buy it by letting them try it. Demo software it nearly always either the finished product or very close to it. It is totally fair to judge it as you find it. The server load issue was because they didn't expect as many players to play it. I'm not sure why though - one million players is not a big number in the context of GT or modern day online titles.

Back