Polyphony Digital's New Tokyo Studio Opened

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-may-finally-be-outsourcing-3d-modeling-work/
And there are several External Development Manager at Poly today (which is a good thing in 2019).
Yeah i remember that, but have they made use of it already aswell?
I hope it brings them closer to the times of GT2 and GT4, when a game was released in a certain year, it was also filled with cars from that year.

Edit : Nvm, saw that the S660 was already made by outsourcing, not bad at all!

Last edited:
More pics. I guess this new studio must involve a lot of money.
D8ssD8lUcAIp_Vi.jpg

Pfft, not even a giant GT logo 0/10 :lol:

Yeah i remember that, but have they made use of it already aswell?
I hope it brings them closer to the times of GT2 and GT4, when a game was released in a certain year, it was also filled with cars from that year.

Edit : Nvm, saw that the S660 was already made by outsourcing, not bad at all!
And GT2/GT4 has loads of them. GT2 still the best car list on that era, only hindered by EA's monopoly not only into Porsche but also others like Ferrari or Lambo.

Small correction, Turn10 doesn't make their own 3D models, it's outsourced to a Vietnamese company called GlassEgg.
If you look in their portfolio you'll see allot of well known games they've done work for, DriveClub, Project Cars, The Crew 2, etc
https://www.glassegg.com/portfolio/

PD is one of the last studios who do most work if not everything themselves.
So that's also why PD is freakishly slow at their work, where other companies pump up contents quickly.

I'll be in Tokyo this weekend. Is there anything there to see there, or is it just a corporate office?

If you only have a weekend or even longer don't bother with a PD corporate office. Theres loads of things to do in Tokyo that are far more interesting than corporate Japan.

We've provided plenty of images in the article...
I just meant can I even get in? Or is it only open for private events and such?

If you only have a weekend or even longer don't bother with a PD corporate office. Theres loads of things to do in Tokyo that are far more interesting than corporate Japan.

I'm here on a business trip and I've been to Tokyo many times. Just looking for something different to see/ do.

But you're prob right so I probably won't bother.

Back