• Thread starter Panoz
  • 30 comments

Panoz

Just a member
Premium
United States
Wise, VA
Panoz-38
Exactly 4 months ago, I made a post in the GT6 Easter Eggs about old Marlboro F1 logos being found near the pit exit at Monza.

The photo below:

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes).jpg

A few minute ago, while driving on the new Monza 80s track. I discover that the logos wasn't on the same wall I took the photo. Curiously I change tracks to the current Monza and found the logos are longer on the wall as shown in the photo below.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)_3.jpg

I about to guess that the logos were removed in the recent 1.07 or 1.08 updates since PD remodeled Monza for it 80s version.

Last edited:
this is interesting, is the bottom photo of the 80's track or the new track? also the lighting and graphics look slightly better on the bottom photo

Think could been 1.07 as not see in the game then, and all cigarette adverts were removed from lot hoardings at tracks as well of f1 cars too when they put bans on advertising years ago. And the graphics are bit sharper in bottom pic as well, or is that because of angle picture taken.

Could just be a trick of the light, but it appears they've simplified the textures on the fence as well as removing the logos (which were a nice touch to have).
Perhaps it's to reduce the strobing effect you could sometimes observe at Monza

Have you not seen the 20 million explanations of why JPS isn't on the car?
Fixed your punctuation, but I'm afraid I can't unbunch your britches as well. To answer your question, though, I have not seen 20 million explanations as to why it's been replaced--in fact, I haven't seen any. However, I like to think I'm intelligent enough to know that the world's been 'nannified' to the point that the presence of tobacco advertisements (even from a now-defunct company) in a video game would cause an uproar of obscene proportions.
I was merely pointing out the similarities and their shared reasoning (however absurd it may be). Of course I didn't go into that kind of detail in my post, I guess I'm guilty of expecting too much of you others.

Fixed your punctuation, but I'm afraid I can't unbunch your britches as well. To answer your question, though, I have not seen 20 million explanations as to why it's been replaced--in fact, I haven't seen any. However, I like to think I'm intelligent enough to know that the world's been 'nannified' to the point that the presence of tobacco advertisements (even from a now-defunct company) in a video game would cause an uproar of obscene proportions.
I was merely pointing out the similarities and their shared reasoning (however absurd it may be). Of course I didn't go into that kind of detail in my post, I guess I'm guilty of expecting too much of you others.
The thing is it was PD's choice to alter the livery. Just look at the Audi Quattro and Porsche Rothmans in Forza 4, as well as the F2007 in GT: PSP with a Martini logo and the West logo on the Minolta 88CV.

And I agree on that the Tobacco sponsoring censorship in games (in reality as well) is absurd.

Don't mind him. He's a tad aggressive towards others. Blocking him on GTPlanet might be a good idea, as I've done that. ;)👍

JPS tobacco products are still for sale, I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter, I don't even smoke... But JPS can't be "defunct" if they are still selling tobacco.

JPS tobacco products are still for sale, I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter, I don't even smoke... But JPS can't be "defunct" if they are still selling tobacco.
Now see I was under the impression they got swallowed up by Imperial Tobacco, well thanks for the clarification.

Now see I was under the impression they got swallowed up by Imperial Tobacco, well thanks for the clarification.

Maybe they did but are still selling the products under the brand? I see them pretty often, a lot of my friends smoke and some of them smoke JPS.

I don't see them anywhere, I'm just going by information I got several years ago regarding the JPS Lotus with its obscenely powerful Renault V6. Around these parts the most common are those packs emblazoned with either the red half-bowtie or a certain sunglass-wearing humped mammal. Getting a bit off-topic now though and that wasn't my aim. Now to wait and see if @Spektru "Likes" this. :lol:

Interesting, though I'd prefer having the logo's, versus not having them. Gives that wall more 'character' imo. 👍
I think this may have been a part of the framerate improval that happened in a previous update. Following 1.07 (i think) a lot of users reported a much smoother game experience with less tearing and judder. This may well be a result of scaling back less 'important' textures like these.

So it may be a bit more of "Would you prefer smoother gameplay and no logos versus having logos and more judder/ tearing". In which case I'm all for getting rid of them.

On principle, though, I agree; more character and detail on the cars and tracks is much better.

edit: just realised, you may have been talking about the logos on the car - this would likely make little difference to the framerates etc. Sorry team!

The thing is it was PD's choice to alter the livery. Just look at the Audi Quattro and Porsche Rothmans in Forza 4, as well as the F2007 in GT: PSP with a Martini logo and the West logo on the Minolta 88CV.

And I agree on that the Tobacco sponsoring censorship in games (in reality as well) is absurd.

Dude, the West in the 88C-V is this one:
13291L.jpg

Compare with this:
1989_Bernd_Schneider_Zakspeed_891_Yamaha_M_naco_GP_MON_5.jpg

:rolleyes:

Don't mind him. He's a tad aggressive towards others. Blocking him on GTPlanet might be a good idea, as I've done that. ;)👍
Some of you guys get offended by sarcasm so easily... I think it's funny even if it's directed towards me. ;) He does make a good point about the absurdity of modern day rules regarding to back advertising.

Sorry I thought there was a query on whether jps were still an active brand I was simply showcasing yes they are still for sale even here in the uk...

but thanks for your concern.

Latest Posts

Back