GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
Camber does not rely on sidewall flex. If that were so then low profile tyres would need no camber. You should be able to see this clearly if you have a model car around somewhere. Just push down on its suspension and you will see the wheels gain positive camber. You put on negative camber to correct this.

<< see this, no tyre wall flex needed

As for the point about the banking, it might not help you tune for best camber for normal conering but you still need camber and a few degrees (which is nothing) would help.

Camber insures you maintain the optimal contact patch...

A few more corrections...

Low profile tires still have sidewalls, and they still flex. Camber actually serves two purposes, mainly is contact patch, the other is camber thrust. Both rely on a tire being a flexible body.

Model car? Strut suspensions? Neither of these have much to do with nearly any suspension geometry on a modern sports cars. Most gain negative camber under compression which is why automotive technology has moved on from simple strut suspensions like in the video you posted.

You keep saying cars need camber, while a gross generalization, it's somewhat true. But just because the GT6 setup screen says zero, it doesn't mean the cars are modeled with no dynamic camber. It also doesn't necessarily mean the cars don't have static negative camber, the setup numbers could be values relative to a default static camber number, we have no way of knowing for sure without a camber channel in the data logger.

Since we don't know what the dynamic camber is, running -2 in GT6 might mean that under load in the banking, the real camber value could be +2,-1,-6, who knows. If it's more than -4 or so dynamically, that could easily be way beyond optimal for street tires on a steep banking, that's why it's not a definitive test.

Maximum rear downforce numbers for the Lotus 97T for each wing type.

Standard wing: 2000

Type A: 2020

TypeB: 2020 (Just a cosmetic difference.)

Type C: 2020 (The double-wing does nothing more than the other 2.)

Only get one of these wings if you want that little bit extra, I personally have the Type A on mine.

Last edited:
Only get one of these wings if you want that little bit extra, I personally have the Type A on mine.
Or if you want your car to look different.

I have Type C on mine purely for cosmetic purposes. I lowered the downforce by 15 to accommodate.

Low profile tires still have sidewalls, and they still flex. Camber actually serves two purposes, mainly is contact patch, the other is camber thrust. Both rely on a tire being a flexible body.

Model car? Strut suspensions? Neither of these have much to do with nearly any suspension geometry on a modern sports cars. Most gain negative camber under compression which is why automotive technology has moved on from simple strut suspensions like in the video you posted.

You keep saying cars need camber, while a gross generalization, it's somewhat true. But just because the GT6 setup screen says zero, it doesn't mean the cars are modeled with no dynamic camber. It also doesn't necessarily mean the cars don't have static negative camber, the setup numbers could be values relative to a default static camber number, we have no way of knowing for sure without a camber channel in the data logger.

Since we don't know what the dynamic camber is, running -2 in GT6 might mean that under load in the banking, the real camber value could be +2,-1,-6, who knows. If it's more than -4 or so dynamically, that could easily be way beyond optimal for street tires on a steep banking, that's why it's not a definitive test.

This may be more relevant if all cars default setting was 0.0 and 0.0 but as it stands some cars default setting are 3.0 and 2.0 and not performing well until there dropped to zero.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the modern day Monza has had an update too. There are gravel trap changes in turn one (it comes up to the rumble strip now) and texture updates all around.

[Edit]

The proof of turn one.

294mh47.jpg

I'm glad they've fully updated Monza. :D

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the modern day Monza has had an update too. There are gravel trap changes in turn one (it comes up to the rumble strip now) and texture updates all around.

[Edit]

The proof of turn one.

294mh47.jpg

It be nice to see a comparison shot between the old (ver 1.00) and newly updated Monza (1.08).

Just to be sure, ya know?

[Edit]

The proof of turn one.

294mh47.jpg

wow that's cool :lol:

I can't see them updating many tracks in GT6 but it'd be good to see them all up to date in GT7. Laguna Seca and Motegi in particular need a big overhaul from their minor updated PS2 models.

Did they change something on the headlights in replay mode?
So far I can`t see the weird flickkering anymore that was there before! Also he lensflare and shining of the headlights seems more realistic.
Does anynone feel the same?

does anyone here play the game in 3D mode (so 2011 i know, but i quite like it :))?

i'm having lots of of issues with graphics as you can see below:

cuPRYvE.jpg

rwa3XTP.jpg

the effect is that when i'm driving, many objects will have these weird transparent lines. I never had this issue with GT5. Has anyone seen this prior to 1.08?

Last edited:
does anyone here play the game in 3D mode (so 2011 i know, but i quite like it :))?

i'm having lots of of issues with graphics as you can see below:

cuPRYvE.jpg

rwa3XTP.jpg

the effect is that when i'm driving, many objects will have these weird transparent lines. I never had this issue with GT5. Has anyone seen this prior to 1.08?
Wow that looks freaking terrible.

I have yet to try out 3D in GT6. Since there are so many problems with the cockpit lighting I haven't been using that view. Since I'm not using that view I have no desire for 3D. This makes me want to use it even less now :-(

I might have found a new bug after 1.08. Prior to this update you could have an Arcade Race of 10 laps or longer with changeable weather and the AI would pit for the correct tyres and you could also pit to change (was the only real way to make Arcade races really enjoyable until we get wear and damage). If you had a race with changeable weather with less than 10 laps the game would not allow you to pit for a change of tyres. Last night I was trying a couple of Arcade races on a couple of different tracks in different cars with changeable weather and 10 laps and the AI did not pit at all!! Even when the track got to 100% wet! I could still pit and change to wets and still won the race by well over a minute as the AI plodded along on RH's. Has anyone else found this? I hope this gets fixed as this really makes offline Arcade races a lot less enjoyable!

I'll need to get some else's confirmation to put this in the OP, as I do not have the car..
there was one guy with me yesterday,
looks that he was new to gt6 as his hsv was still brand stock
he said he had option to buy all three level of turbo
i had a look at the parts shop, it shown that for my hsv 15th anniversary the level 1 could not be bought
(but i did for all three since January)
i don't know if it's related to the crash i had online, reboot of ps3 + report to sony + hdd check

Similar problems with 3D, I'm using Sony's 3D tv and activeshutter 3d-glasses.

@AJHG1000, since the Camber glitch is listed you should list the reversed Ride Height issue as well. Ride Height does not effect the car's handling as it is described in the game's tuning menu. It is, in fact, exactly the opposite.

I might have found a new bug after 1.08. Prior to this update you could have an Arcade Race of 10 laps or longer with changeable weather and the AI would pit for the correct tyres and you could also pit to change (was the only real way to make Arcade races really enjoyable until we get wear and damage). If you had a race with changeable weather with less than 10 laps the game would not allow you to pit for a change of tyres. Last night I was trying a couple of Arcade races on a couple of different tracks in different cars with changeable weather and 10 laps and the AI did not pit at all!! Even when the track got to 100% wet! I could still pit and change to wets and still won the race by well over a minute as the AI plodded along on RH's. Has anyone else found this? I hope this gets fixed as this really makes offline Arcade races a lot less enjoyable!
That has unfortunately been there before 1.08. I tried to do a 25 lap Daytona road course in arcade. When it started raining the track eventually get 100% wet. I get new rain tires in pit when track was about 25% wet but AI was still running RH's all the way to 100% and it became so boring race that I quit.:ouch: And it happened around February I think, do not remember which GT6 "version" it was.

We don't know what the actual camber is of the car in the game, we don't have that data, we can't see it. What we have is what we can play with in set up, and they do not work in the ways it needs in real world. So far the only time I play with intentionally added camber is in drifting, I add it to the front since it actually KILLS front grip and makes it easier to not over correct the car.

I use that track because IIRC circa 1.05 or something in a casual league race in the exact car that I used, before I realized camber is not working in the game, that whatever setup I put it, more camber, less camber, different balance F/R...etc I am consistently several km/h slower through the ring and several seconds slower, then if I throw a completely stock suspension on the car. I tried playing with different variable, separately, stiffer/softer spring, stiffer/softer bar, damper tuning, toe...etc Nothing has nearly as dramatic effect as simply removing the camber off the car and I go faster, everywhere. The setup between the 2 runs in those shots are identical, barring camber, rear I use the loop is because it simply is the longest, steady state corner in the game that you can glean some data off of. You can look at the same type of comparison anywhere on that lap and it'll show the same thing. I know I am dialing is more steering and the car is just generally less responsive, regardless if its banked corner or not.

Put it this way, if the indicated "0" camber on the game is whatever the optimum preset "unknown" setting, why bother letting us change it then? I know in other game I tweak the balance of some car that I can make it more pointable on turn in and I dial in rear camber to settle the car down in steady state. Option like that simply is not available in GT6 for me at the moment...

Also feel free to you know, try a different test. Pick a track you think will be more representative, find your optimum camber setup and then run back to back testing with and without it and see whats faster. All this tool is available to you as is to me.

Also, Strut is not applicable to modern suspension? since when? Did all the 3 series or 911 went to double wishbone all around now?

Similar problems with 3D, I'm using Sony's 3D tv and activeshutter 3d-glasses.

mine is the same setup as yours... hopefully PD will fix this issue, because GT5's 3D mode was quite good imo. and now we can adjust its settings on the fly, so it has the potential to be even better

Back