Poor judgment - when you think YOU were the victim but the replays tell a different story.

Interesting I didnt make that clear! I'm the WRX, or to be clearer the PSN user SLOPPYSMUSIC. I think someone earlier thought I was the Porsche! Hence saying I went back for retaliation later ,,,,

"To be honest you looked like a complete tool on the track. Looks like you even went after him to retaliate."

You DO mean the Porsche right? My one moment of retaliation here was at end of first bend when I gassed it too much trying to get back in front of the guy so I lost control and hit the outside wall.
That was me and no i didnt meant the Porsche i meant you.

I am not looking to get in a argument if it was or not i am just stating what it looks like.

......the Mitsubishi WRX? :odd:

4756368563162317825_23.jpg

Radar is useless imo. I use bumper cam with the mirror, can see where i'm going off that. Easier to look up at mirrors than down at radar.

Radar is a must. Close side by side racing through corners is easy when using it.

It should be compulsory/default in sport mode imo. To many people don't use it, "thinking" they know what they are doing.

What do you use instead of radar?

Radar lets you know what is to your sides, not just behind like a mirror...

Radar is great for sides, plus, I despise the bumper cam, I find it far too low. So I need the radar in my roof cam (or hood cam) as a mirror doesn't exist for that angle.

Know whats even better than radar. Flicking the right stick left/right to look at the sides. Failing that due to having a mirror, I already know there are people there besides me.

Radar is a must. Close side by side racing through corners is easy when using it.

It should be compulsory/default in sport mode imo. To many people don't use it, "thinking" they know what they are doing.

What do you use instead of radar?

I have never used a radar. I would rather look at how much fuel i have left. I don't agree with that. With the bumper view i use i have enough spatial awareness to bypass using the radar. I have never needed to use it in any game previous to this one, so why use it now?

I have never used a radar. I would rather look at how much fuel i have left. I don't agree with that. With the bumper view i use i have enough spatial awareness to bypass using the radar. I have never needed to use it in any game previous to this one, so why use it now?

You have a fuel gauge for that.

In longer races I flick to fuel and back to radar. I can guarantee your spacial awareness is not as good as you think it is, especially running through corners in a group. How you can disregard the radar is beyond me.

Oh well, each to their own.

You have a fuel gauge for that.

In longer races I flick to fuel and back to radar. I can guarantee your spacial awareness is not as good as you think it is, especially running through corners in a group. How you can disregard the radar is beyond me.

Oh well, each to their own.

I'll agree to disagree then.

By the first bumb you should realise that he was there but ypu turned left again even tho u know he was there and then when u run off the trck why did u not turn left? Completely your fault

Know whats even better than radar. Flicking the right stick left/right to look at the sides. Failing that due to having a mirror, I already know there are people there besides me.

Radar is much less disruptive than flicking the entire view around, but I do occasionally use it as the radar has a very limited range. Yesterday on Bluemoon there was a car beside me, he disappeared off the radar, didn't appear in front nor behind, confusion. Time to use the right stick, I guess he went into the pit as he simply disappeared.

The radar makes it a lot easier to go side by side through corners as you can track the position of the other car, whether he slips, oversteers or understeers or is trying to push you in or out. With how sensitive the penalty system is that's very useful, even more so if you're in the middle with a car on either side.

Last night in a pack of 5 going through the infield together I was playing more by radar than looking at the road. Peripheral vision in bumper cam to gauge speed and road position, yet fixated on the radar to keep my triangle clear of all the other triangles. It is a bit like playing GTA though, there I also drive by map view and hardly look at the road. What's the point of all those fancy graphics when I'm still racing in 2D :)

So do I, never bothered me.
I use X and Square for gearing, and hence it wouldn't be possible to use right stick for camera while upshifting or downshifting.

If you use the same buttons for gearing, and you use right stick for camera as well, then you have dexterity beyond belief.

From cockpit or bumper cam, can't you hear when cars are in your blind spot? I can usually hear them when they're there. I still use radar though since it's easier to just notice a little colored triangle in your peripheral than to flick the camera around.

I can’t believe people saying they don’t use the radar! It’s saved me multiple times. I always play in cockpit and use a combination of radar and look left /right/rear view. I’ve managed to save myself from being hit by dive bombers, I could see/hear this guy coming from a long way back. I saw him on the radar and managed to wind off the steering enough for him to go straight past me and into the gravel trap. It made me realise how valuable radar is.
As for the OP’s video: as soon as the first contact was made. He should have looked left and behind to see what was going on and adjust his line to a to allow for the other car.

I use X and Square for gearing, and hence it wouldn't be possible to use right stick for camera while upshifting or downshifting.

If you use the same buttons for gearing, and you use right stick for camera as well, then you have dexterity beyond belief.

When i do use gears (still find them a pain to use) I'm normally using R1/L1 mimicing paddle gears. As has been said by folks its each to their own. There is no wrong way about it.

I dont use radar much as well. In bumper cam with a mirror a car is either in front or behind, if not then they side by side and you leave them space. Plus no one just gets on your side out of nowhere with the mirror you always see them coming. Something you dont have when using radar in a view without mirror. I also have buttons on the wheel assigned to look left and right. Dont get me wrong it is a good feature but as long as you play with a view with a mirror it is not really necessary imo.

Read the OP, thought this was a classic didn't know you were there.....watched the video, bump bump bump bump into T1, cut back inside aim car for outside barrier.

Some respect for saying sorry, no respect for what is actually shown. If I was the Porsche I'd be livid.

I think its nice that you post this. Respect. Not for the driving of course.

The only thing I dont understand is why you would not drive for 3 months because of this ?

I think its nice that you post this. Respect. Not for the driving of course.

The only thing I dont understand is why you would not drive for 3 months because of this ?

Because I had prided myself since the games release on driving fast but fair and never ever even considering driving dirty or hitting an opponents car. In this race as it was running I was 100% sure that the either guy had sneaked up on the inside and taken my corner and was trying to push me off the track. The replay showed a different story meaning what I saw in the game was not sufficient to provide me with decision making info.
I lost all sense of enjoyment at that point and didnt want to ruin anyone's race again so just quit playing.
Now I'm having way more fun tuning cars and learning racecraft in Project Cars 2. Offline only of course which has always been my preference. If to race fairly in a game I have to use an external cam I'm not interested. Cockpit cam all the way.

Because I had prided myself since the games release on driving fast but fair and never ever even considering driving dirty or hitting an opponents car. In this race as it was running I was 100% sure that the either guy had sneaked up on the inside and taken my corner and was trying to push me off the track. The replay showed a different story meaning what I saw in the game was not sufficient to provide me with decision making info.
I lost all sense of enjoyment at that point and didnt want to ruin anyone's race again so just quit playing.
Now I'm having way more fun tuning cars and learning racecraft in Project Cars 2. Offline only of course which has always been my preference. If to race fairly in a game I have to use an external cam I'm not interested. Cockpit cam all the way.
Like others said, you can use radar, you know

I think you are taking this all a bit seriously...

Well done for realising your mistakes and that but I have been completely smashed out of races and equally, I have accidentally ruined others races. Will any of this stop me from playing a game, no, it is just a game. Personally, I wouldn't let something as trivial as a PlayStation have that effect on me, try to take it all a bit less serious and you'll have more fun :D

Back