Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Handling Comparison: Assetto Corsa vs iRacing

iRacing launched the Porsche 911 GT3 with a week of official event racing around Nordschleife. I did a half dozen races with the Ruf 911 GT3 (fixed car setup series), which features ABS and TC, drives about 20 KPH slower down the straights, but had higher mechanical grip. I then bought the 911 and tried it around Nordschleife…wow that's a mans car!

Compared to the Ruf, the Porcshe has stronger brakes but can lock up very easily without assists to help. I love the limited slip diff on the Porcshe, it's predictable but makes the car playful in a way the Ruf simply was not. The Porsche pulls harder through 5th and 6th but can't do the high speed directional changes like the Ruf, until I figured out how to toss the Porsche in a little sideways to maintain speed and engine rev's while still keeping the car off the grass. The feedback may be the best of all the cars in this group for iRacing, it certainly exceeded my expectations. Engine notes, powertrain hums, and gear shifts all sound great for this car in iRacing, the best in my garage.

In a nut shell, I feel like a hero after putting in a clean lap around the Nordschleife in the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. The practice sessions and races I had just in this last week is well worth the $12 entry price.

After watching this video, I am interested in Assetto Corsa Porsche pack for comparison.

Major fail IMO. Donington is not an AC track, it's a mod track and I highly doubt it's laser scanned but even if it is, it's still not an AC track. Should have picked a couple of tracks that were in both games and laser scanned. An odd choice considering he could have used Imola, Spa, Nurb, Brands or Silverstone off the top of my head.

Major fail IMO. Donington is not an AC track, it's a mod track and I highly doubt it's laser scanned but even if it is, it's still not an AC track. Should have picked a couple of tracks that were in both games and laser scanned. An odd choice considering he could have used Imola, Spa, Nurb, Brands or Silverstone off the top of my head.
My thoughts exactly. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about updating my comparison thread with a comparison of the Porsche. Just need more time in the day!

Back