Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
Yeah, I'm not convinced by it. It'll be interesting to see in person when it's clean and in a more vibrant colour, but I'm finding it hard to embrace the core concept.

True 911 hardcore fans and purists don't like the Speedster. Investors like the Speedster.

I don't think 911 Speedsters have ever really worked from a visual point of view. Pre-996 they could just about get away with it without the rear deck looking awkwardly long, but since then they've just been too big of a car for it to work.

As i'm sure i've said before, the Speedster variant seems pointless now they have the Boxster.

the Speedster variant seems pointless

Maybe pointless strategically, but not financially... it's a parts bin special, so no mega engineering costs... if they make 1,000 units at £200k/unit, that's another £200 million in revenue to help cover the fixed costs... and a Boxter Spyder won't be on the shopping list of people who have the clout to get a Speedster.

Not really surprised by how many serial GT buyers want one of these... the overs will be hilarious.

I don't think 911 Speedsters have ever really worked from a visual point of view. Pre-996 they could just about get away with it without the rear deck looking awkwardly long, but since then they've just been too big of a car for it to work.

As i'm sure i've said before, the Speedster variant seems pointless now they have the Boxster.

Not pointless if there are people willing to pay for it.

A person buying this wouldn't even look at a boxster, different animal for different $.

991 Speedster finally officially revealed

p19-0438-a3-rgb-1555430664.jpg

p19-0428-a3-rgb-1555436568.jpg

p19-0439-a3-rgb-1555436609.jpg

4.0-liter naturally aspirated flat-six and six-speed manual from the GT3

independent throttle bodies like the GT3 R race car

502 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque

60 mph in 3.2 second and 192-mph top speed

the body is based on the 991 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, although it has a curb weight of 3230-lb which is about 200 lbs lighter, because of a lot of carbon fiber

only 1948 Speedsters will be made

$274,500 plus a $1250 delivery fee

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...-911-speedster-production-specs-price-photos/

Looks better then i thought it would 👍

They've made more of an effort with the design integration of the rear seat-delete tonneau then on previous Speedsters where it just looked like a cheap fiberglass afterthought.

This... actually looks alright to be fair.

Not exactly the sort of car I'd dump cash on, but I can see the appeal. If you take away the little trinkets like the bullet-shaped wing mirrors, bonnet mounted fuel filler cap, and the engraved glass anniversary plaque between the speed humps, there isn't really that much difference between the production model and the concept.

Except perhaps the profile of the engine cover and the rear wing, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

2526d1dc-4d2e-4f37-bee4-4ce6b698310e_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

pcna19_0377_fine.jpg

Back