Porsche Cayman GT4 2016

That GT4 Clubsport Cayman looks very nice. I've always loved the Cayman and its variants.

Is a Cayman GT4 RS on the way?
gallery-1486997949-insta.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ts-the-existence-of-a-40-liter-cayman-gt4-rs/

A dealership with that kind of info? I doubt it. Probably a publicity stunt. I also don't think Porsche would give the Cayman the 4 liter.

A dealership with that kind of info? I doubt it. Probably a publicity stunt. I also don't think Porsche would give the Cayman the 4 liter.

Rumors have been floating around for months, and with the GT3/RS getting engines up to 4.2L that leaves room for the Cayman to also get a larger engine. This car will print money for Porsche.

Absolutely zero chance of a 4.0l Cayman.

The 718 has been designed ground up for a flat 4 turbo. Engineering it for a NA flat 6 would be a huge and uneconomical task.

Plus Porsche have the 991.2 GT3 and GT2 (RS) to launch, so any GT 718 will be a long way off. And when it comes, it will have some sort of 4cyl turbo motor (maybe twin turbo, maybe more capacity, but not a NA flat 6).

Absolutely zero chance of a 4.0l Cayman.

The 718 has been designed ground up for a flat 4 turbo. Engineering it for a NA flat 6 would be a huge and uneconomical task.

Plus Porsche have the 991.2 GT3 and GT2 (RS) to launch, so any GT 718 will be a long way off. And when it comes, it will have some sort of 4cyl turbo motor (maybe twin turbo, maybe more capacity, but not a NA flat 6).
Not so sure. To my knowledge, Porsche hasn't yet denied dropping a six into eventual GT-spec 718s. As @VXR notes, the 718 isn't an entirely new platform (more of an elaborate facelift), so slotting in the same 3.8 as before is far from being impossible.

Back