Porsche is Giving the 919 a Victory Tour (And Looking to Shatter Lap Records)

I read somewhere that they can't beat the Laguna record. It was held by one of the early 2000s Ferrari F1 cars during one of those Ferrari Corse Clienti track days. Seems a bit suspect though, because a track like Laguna favours traction out of tight corners and the 919 Evo should easily out accelerate a V10 F1 car, even with TC.

Under your resumption, This guy can beat up every other 115 lb guy in the world. well so what? so can I. big deal. Porsche threw it down and nobody can touch it right now. A fast lap is just that, a fast lap. It does not mean it qualifies for a class. They built a bad car, come and get it. qualifying or not. and in a race you get a tow if you are smart and plan.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-absurd-amount-of-work-it-takes-to-drive-the-p-1829973060

ufhvblcncgfbjplk4vam.jpg

f6fcdisfylbvfgiyalq6.jpg

vypa24fmph4ku5zkuzhe.jpg

b19ytxgxobmuc7ntoisj.jpg

That really makes it look like they wanted the Laguna Seca record and failed. Kinda ridiculous that they couldn't get the right tire in place to make a real attempt.

Why France? Is this meant to be a subtle hint that they're going to see how close they can get to a 3-minute lap around Le Mans?

They can't, though. Those are public roads, and are only closed during the weekend of the race.

They can't, though. Those are public roads, and are only closed during the weekend of the race.
I knew that but would it be possible for half a day maybe?

They also close it for the test day prior to the race so it’s not impossible.

The best timing would be to do the attempt during the test day.

I knew that but would it be possible for half a day maybe?

They also close it for the test day prior to the race so it’s not impossible.

The best timing would be to do the attempt during the test day.
What makes you think the ACO would liike to have Porsche rub their nose in it like that? It is literally impossible.

Back