Porsche is Giving the 919 a Victory Tour (And Looking to Shatter Lap Records)

I'd love to see that car have a crack at Jenson Button's record at Mount Panorama, Bathurst but, that could go very, very wrong if a mistake was made on the wrong part of the track.

Albert Park is out of the question being a temporary street circuit so...how about Phillip Island?

Honestly asking, do you think this lap time target for Spa is achievable?

In theory I don’t see why not, the biggest issue with F1 cars is the weight, I imagine with all the ballast taken off this thing should be a fair bit lighter than the 2017 F1 cars, it’s probably got more power too.

I’d love to see how it takes Pouhon

This must be some sort of late April Fools... I refuse to believe something this awesome has actually taken place.

Oh it’s true, it’s damn true. :D

While the original target of 1:36 was a tad too ambitious, the reality is this.

It’s officially the fastest car to ever lap the Spa circuit, by nearly 8 tenths to boot or for a more comparable stat, pretty much 12 seconds quicker than the pole lap for LMP 1 last year which was set by a 919 at 1:53.756. :eek::eek:

Oh it’s true, it’s damn true. :D

While the original target of 1:36 was a tad too ambitious, the reality is this.

It’s officially the fastest car to ever lap the Spa circuit, by nearly 8 tenths to boot or for a more comparable stat, pretty much 12 seconds quicker than the pole lap for LMP 1 last year which was set by a 919 at 1:53.756. :eek::eek:
And soundly beat a Formula 1 qualifying time.

Can the relevant developers add this car into GTS/PC2/AC please? :P :lol:

I reckon 8 tenths isn't quite enough to stop the record being broken by an F1 car this year, given the lap time gain we've seen in the first two races this season and the fact that Spa is a long lap. Unless it rains...

Can the relevant developers add this car into GTS/PC2/AC please? :P :lol:

I reckon 8 tenths isn't quite enough to stop the record being broken by an F1 car this year, given the lap time gain we've seen in the first two races this season and the fact that Spa is a long lap. Unless it rains...

I hope it doesn’t rain. I wanna see the battle!

Love this type of stuff and double awesome coming from one of my favorite cars/brands. FWIW, F1 car under "world tour" regs would smash a 1.41- hopefully see it in this years qualifying baring weather.

Meh, I'm disappointed. After all the hype of disregarding the regulations, pakcking the 919 with steroids, the car looking mean as hell, all they can do is beat the insanely regulated F1 cars by 0.7s? F1 will easily take the record back this year if it doesn't rain in quali.

I love the idea, not hugely impressed by the result, unless those were just the inital runs, but seeing how they flaunt this time, it feels like that's it for the Spa stop on the 919 tribute tour.

Ugh I would LOOOOVE to see a 919 enter a Grand Prix and soundly beat all the delicate F1 cars.

It wouldn't, because there is no competition that allows this thing to enter :P

Incredible feat, but then again it isn't limited by any rule other than track limit rules, LMP1 cars were already very fast. Imagine what an unrestricted F1 car could do...

In other news I heard during this weekend's Super GT that the GT500 cars are slightly faster than the Audi R18 was. That is also quite incredible come to think of it.

Meh, I'm disappointed. After all the hype of disregarding the regulations, pakcking the 919 with steroids, the car looking mean as hell, all they can do is beat the insanely regulated F1 cars by 0.7s? F1 will easily take the record back this year if it doesn't rain in quali.

I love the idea, not hugely impressed by the result, unless those were just the inital runs, but seeing how they flaunt this time, it feels like that's it for the Spa stop on the 919 tribute tour.

Are there any other car in the world that can match that speed around spa, any car at all? Any car ever?

Latest Posts

Back