Porsche Mission E Concept

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 146 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/spectacular-all-electric-porsche.html

The key figures are: over 600hp, over 500km of driving range, 0-100km/h in under 3.5 seconds and a mind-blowing charging time of 15 minutes to reach a claimed 80 per cent charge. The power goes to all four wheels while there is also an all-wheel steering function.

2015-PorscheMissionE-01.jpg

2015-PorscheMissionE-02.jpg

2015-PorscheMissionE-04.jpg

2015-PorscheMissionE-07.jpg

I've said it twice, but 3rd times a charm.

I'd rock that to electric avenue 👍

Count me for the number of people who are impressed with this concept; I was fooled for a second, that I was staring at a Cayman-based electric concept with the 918's front fascia. As it turns out, it is a far more handsome 4-door sedan than the current Panamera, and a great concept for a electric perfomance sedan as well.

As homeforsummer stated, I would greatly approve of Porsche's decision to take most of the Mission E's design cues (or even the entire design at that) for the future Panamera, or at least taking the idea and create a special perfomance edition aimed squarely at the Tesla Model S. One way or another, Porsche has made an outstandingly handsome concept for a company which has had troubles with transplanting their desigh philosophy to sedan platforms...

I get a strong Fisker Karma vibe from the side profile, but it's a lot better looking than said Fisker.

You know that is calling for a comparison shot;

lead5-2012-fisker-karma-fd.jpg

2015-PorscheMissionE-04.jpg

Yes, the Mission E is more agressive with its side profile treatment (almost racecar-like in fact), while the Karma sort of isn't. Not only that, the E's short rear does not match a excessively long front end, such as what happens with the Fisker. And the front of the Porsche is low-hang, unlike the Fisker which has a slightly taller and chubby nose than the Mission E...

This basically blows a Model S out of the park.

I would say if anything this car looks more like a Mclaren 650s/P1 from the front then it looks like a Fisker from the side.

Taking the fight to Tesla is one thing, proving that they can do it any better is another.

I really dig the concept, and certainly hope its the emergence of a new style language with the Panamera, but I'm not getting my hopes up for everything they're promising. That 15 minute charge-up seems a bit beyond where we're at today (compared to the 50 minute charge for the Audi E-Tron Quattro), and while the speeds are likely ludicrous - how ludicrous will the Inflated By Porsche prices be?

...Come to think of it - would this thing share a platform with the Audi E-Tron Quattro?

Taking the fight to Tesla is one thing, proving that they can do it any better is another.

I really dig the concept, and certainly hope its the emergence of a new style language with the Panamera, but I'm not getting my hopes up for everything they're promising. That 15 minute charge-up seems a bit beyond where we're at today (compared to the 50 minute charge for the Audi E-Tron Quattro), and while the speeds are likely ludicrous - how ludicrous will the Inflated By Porsche prices be?

...Come to think of it - would this thing share a platform with the Audi E-Tron Quattro?
Technology is already here though: http://store-dot.com/Technology.html

Storedot have found the formula, and are likely selling licenses to Automakers to counter Tesla who they see as it's main competition.

It looks nice but it has this odd look to it. It looks custom aftermarket kit or Chinese knockoff of a Porsche. :odd:

_mg_3685.jpg
_mg_3513.jpg
_mg_3695.jpg

I see where they got the rear suicide doors from.....
Porsche-Sedans-2.jpg

I like the overt 918 Spyder styling references. I think it's the first car sporting that odd outer-headlight-edge-turned-into-vent-or-some-such-thing feature that I don't immediately dislike, so that's something. Please, please let the next Panamera look even a little like this, versus the current mess.

I think claims of "Tesla Beater" are more than a little premature, but it's interesting that even Porsche feels threatened by Elon and Co. Competition breeds excellence, and all that stuff.

I don't see how it looks anything like the Karma from the side.

I really like the car, but it's really hard not to spot certain similarities with the Fisker.

Admittedly, it's not a carbon copy but when you can easily spot more than one similar feature (be it swage lines, glasshouses, zorro's or bonelines etc etc), it's no great surprise that those of us more in tune to car design, recognise certain aspects of the design, which in turn leads us to draw comparisons.

The overall silhouette is different between the cars because of the Fiskers long snout, and the Porsches rear overhang, but I can see at least four similarities between the designs.

How was that an insult? Do you feel insulted?

[Edit]

I really hope Porsche adopts that front styling to others in the range (a 911 would look pretty good with it, in my opinion).

Too me the head lights look like they contacted McLaren for help, cause they know that McLaren needs the money

See what I did there F1 fans :sly:

but seriously front end reminds me of any garden variety Mclaren

Too me the head lights look like they contacted McLaren for help, cause they know that McLaren needs the money

See what I did there F1 fans :sly:

but seriously front end reminds me of any garden variety Mclaren
I see where you're coming from. Maybe if the lights were circular, it would look less McLaren.

I see where you're coming from. Maybe if the lights were circular, it would look less McLaren.

Yeah but they wanted to probably separate themselves from the norm while still giving that vibe, the rest reminds me of Porsche current. The front reminds me of McLaren current, especially the 570 and 650

I really like the car, but it's really hard not to spot certain similarities with the Fisker.

Admittedly, it's not a carbon copy but when you can easily spot more than one similar feature (be it swage lines, glasshouses, zorro's or bonelines etc etc), it's no great surprise that those of us more in tune to car design, recognise certain aspects of the design, which in turn leads us to draw comparisons.

The overall silhouette is different between the cars because of the Fiskers long snout, and the Porsches rear overhang, but I can see at least four similarities between the designs.

Exactly the same stuff I noticed right away.

Would be interesting to see if this makes it to the high street. Porsche vs Tesla? Sounds like a battle to watch.

Back