Porsche Mission E Concept

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 146 comments
Didn't I once make a joke about strapping turbos to a Tesla? I guess this nomenclature makes sense only for Porsche. Except everything they currently make has turbos already except for the 911 GT3.

So, when will EV's actually become an affordable alternative?

Until your average Joe can afford one of these, I'm not interested. And don't bring up the Prius or Leaf, none of these can transport me on my daily route to and from work without needing a charge. And the number of places where you can actually publicly charge your EV is almost 0 in my asswards country.

/rant

To be fair, the "Turbo" moniker has had its meaning changed since lesser variants of ICE models switched to turbocharged engines anyway. You associate Turbo with a high-performance variant so as long as customers know what they are getting, it shouldn't be an issue.

Electric Turbos maybe? To redirect the wasted and not use electricity back to the electric motor giving the EV an electric overboost.

:lol:

So, when will EV's actually become an affordable alternative?

Until your average Joe can afford one of these, I'm not interested. And don't bring up the Prius or Leaf, none of these can transport me on my daily route to and from work without needing a charge. And the number of places where you can actually publicly charge your EV is almost 0 in my asswards country.

/rant

I see them all over the place. The model 3 is a common car in my area.

Edit:

BTW I like that Porsche is keeping the Turbo version. It's a great word, doesn't have to be tied to a turbocharger.

Newest photos of the Taycan.

porsche_100691525_h.jpg

porsche_100691513_h.jpg

porsche_100691515_h.jpg

porsche_100691517_h.jpg

Size of the trunk:

porsche_100691521_h.jpg

porsche_100691524_h.jpg

Charging port:

porsche_100691527_h.jpg

porsche_100691543_h.jpg

porsche_100691539_h.jpg

Some details:

porsche_100691547_h.jpg

porsche_100691546_h.jpg

porsche_100691544_h.jpg

porsche_100691542_h.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108285_2020-porsche-taycan-spy-shots-and-video

Underpinning the Taycan is a Porsche-developed platform code-named the J1. The dedicated electric car platform is a separate design to the C-BEV developed by Audi for its upcoming e-tron electric SUV. It’s also separate to the smaller MEB platform developed by Volkswagen for compact electric cars.

As for the performance, here too the Mission E concept points the way. The show car featured separate motors for the front and rear wheels which delivered a combined 600 horsepower along with torque vectoring on an individual wheel basis. This was enough for 0-62 mph acceleration in 3.5 seconds and 0-124 mph acceleration in less than 12 seconds.

Most impressive though was the Mission E’s battery, which Porsche said would offer more than 300 miles of range and be able to be charged to 80 percent capacity in just 15 minutes. The latter is made possible by a new 800-volt charging system. Porsche is working on setting up a network of fast chargers, including here in the United States.

What in the world is that? :eek:

Those headlights don't look real to me.

The headlights and rear lights have massive stickers that mimic oversized lights to hide the lines of the real (much smaller) lights, which are pretty much the same as they were on the Mission-E Sport Turismo concept.

EDIT: See above

Back