Porsche Panamera

• Thread starter G.T
  • 300 comments
MedigoFlame
Rather than making a new thread. I suppose I'll put this here. Have to say, I really like it! :D

http://jalopnik.com/5946625/porsche-panamera-sport-turismo-concept-yes-its-a-porsche-wagon

That's an immense Porsche! Far more better looking than the fugly panamara.

Someone at my daughters school has one, a white one :dunce:, and she hates it. She liked the looks at first but now she wants rid, all in 5 months. She said it cost her £87,000 and she can't sell it. She wants the five door Ferrari instead (the FF I believe).

I like it. All it needs is a bit of spoiler on the boot, and I assume that turbo/turbo S model will provide that.

Love it. Dump the regular Panamera, use this one instead. I'd happily have one with the Panamera's current V6 diesel too. Great styling, 40+ mpg, <7s to 60, and 155mph+ on the autobahn. Can't think of many more cars with a wider potential repertoire.

homeforsummer
love it. Dump the regular panamera, use this one instead. I'd happily have one with the panamera's current v6 diesel too. Great styling, 40+ mpg, <7s to 60, and 155mph+ on the autobahn. Can't think of many more cars with a wider potential repertoire.

+1

I think it would look fresh as hell if they didn't swoop up the windows in the back. They should've just followed the main line.

Looks like they took my advice on this new one. Fixed almost everything I had a beef with.

I asked DeMuro to speak with somebody important and make sure this is the next Panamera.

This car looks a lot smaller and tidier than the current car despite being basically the same size.

It's similar to how they sorted the Cayenne's face out, looks really good. The 918 rear lights are also starting to seep in it appears. Don't like the LED headlights though, makes it look slightly odd.

Yeah those lights where my peeve also , Those 4 pattern things in there are ugly.
I love the wheel's and the rear end they have an Italian feel to them.
It would look stunning in black.

Just saw this new concept and I have to say, it restores my trust in Porsches design department, it looks absolutely stunning and coherent (which can't be said about the current one) and doesn't borrow as much clues from the 911 but appears more like a standalone design incorporating some key Porsche elements (in the same way the 928 did).

...the thing would be gorgeous if they could turn it into something a little less... porsche. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the best looking wagon that exists as it is.

Much better looking than the Panny 👍

original.jpg

I wonder what's that written on the front door, I can't quite make it out :odd:

^ It says hybrid, as the car is some sort of hybrid. I thought the original Panamera looked odd (which is good to me) but this looks much better and not so odd.

That's a great improvement, kudos to Porsche. If we're discussing best looking wagons, though, the Volvo V60 is so sexy :drool:

All that Porsche needs is a bit of spoiler really.. Something similar to Impreza wagons arrangement.

Get rid of the current Panamera, sell this as the new Panamara..... Profit. My god that thing is gorgeous.

This one does look fantastic. I think Porsche will have a even bigger winner if this becomes the Panamera instead.

Apparently it's gonna have a hybrid variant that'll get 67 miles per gallon... :eek:

Porsche made a big splash here at the Paris Motor Show with the debut of the Panamera Sport Turismo Hybrid concept. First off, it was unexpected. Secondly, it is gorgeous. Seriously, it's beautiful.

And third, it has some pretty awesome tech under the hood. This is how it works.

Taking a cue from the uber-sexy Porsche 918 Spyder, the Panamera Sport Turismo is a plug-in hybrid, much like the Chevy Volt or the Toyota Prius Plug-In. But, being Porsches, they're far from boring. Or cheap.

Porsche is now giving their plug-in hybrids the designation "e-hybrid." The intention is for the Panamera Sport Turismo to achieve 30 km, which is about 18 miles, on electric power alone. It should also be able to reach 130 km/h, or about 80 MPH, on electric power alone.

The Sport Turismo Concept is a parallel hybrid, which means that the wheels can be driven by the electric motors, the gas engine, or both at the same time. When working together, the car produces 416 horsepower, enough to make it accelerate to 60 in under six seconds.

It always defaults to electric mode, which Porsche calls e-power. That's how they get such great efficiency, with a claimed 67 MPG on the European Cycle. When needed, the engine will drive the wheels or charge the battery... or both.

Porsche also has a quick charger, which apparently can charge the battery in 2.5 hours, depending on the infrastructure. That is mega fast.

Now, I couldn't get Porsche to confirm that the car was coming, but Martin Winterkorn, the head of the VW Group, did say something interesting this week that leads me to believe it's imminent.

The VW Group believes that plug-in hybrids are the future of cars, and especially those from Porsche. There will be the 918 Spyder hybrid, but he also said there will be plug-in versions of the Panamera and the Cayenne on the way as well.

Porsche rarely makes a concept car just to make a concept car. They have a frighteningly awesome record of turning them into production cars. The Boxster, Carrera GT, and the 918 Spyder all started off as concepts that made it to production relatively unchanged.

I'm willing to bet that this is the next Panamera gussied up a little for the show circuit. It took a minute, but Porsche may have finally gotten the design right for a four door.

Back