Porsche Shows Off Its Top Five Fastest Ever Road Cars

I see the Montana exploit is still going strong elsewhere in the country. :P
I see Montana cars all the time down in the fancy parts of Connecticut and also every time I go to Lime Rock Park. For a while I was thinking Montana folks sure do love it here. Then I found out about the loop-hole. The rarest, most unique cars I see will surely have a Montana plate on it.

Such as this beauty at Lime Rock:
1996-GT2-Harris.jpg

I see Montana cars all the time down in the fancy parts of Connecticut and also every time I go to Lime Rock Park. For a while I was thinking Montana folks sure do love it here. Then I found out about the loop-hole. The rarest, most unique cars I see will surely have a Montana plate on it.

1996-GT2-Harris.jpg
993 GT2 I persume?

Nice!

True, but I'm referring from Porsche themselves who also refinished the wheels, interior, and added some matching engine touches as part of the recommission program with that Oak Green Metallic example.

Can't see it damaging values of reasonably well used cars (and there are a lot of well used CGT's). If you have a super low mileage garage queen you'd probably keep it original.

Oak Green CGT :drool:

993 GT2 I persume?

Nice!
Yup! The best of the best 911 if you ask me. That's not my picture, I grabbed it from the Lime Rock website, but I saw the very same car during that event. The 993 GT2 is quite rare, it's a treat to see one.

I never liked the 959, not even when it was released. Look at it, the back end is so massive, the overhang is so, mmm, huge. That integrated wing. Those wheels are so small. Look at the turbo "hole" at the side of the car. The front end is somewhat decent though. Nothing to complain about that.

iu

iu

iu
Considering it was made for Group B, that Turbo Scoop was a welcome addition, because the Turbo is larger than my head. With Turbo lag worse than my school's Internet Connection!

1996-GT2-Harris.jpg

Makes me wonder where the Evo version of this stacks up against these cars and the 911GT1 beyond top speeds but general performance would have been interesting too.

Makes me wonder where the Evo version of this stacks up against these cars and the 911GT1 beyond top speeds but general performance would have been interesting too.
Too find that out it might be best to look at the 1996 Le Mans 24 Hours where, I believe, the GT2 Evos raced alongside the GT1. Different classes, of course, but still. If we are talking about one of the 11 road going versions of the GT2 Evo, forget it, those are tucked away in private collections never to be seen on the road or track. :lol:

Too find that out it might be best to look at the 1996 Le Mans 24 Hours where, I believe, the GT2 Evos raced alongside the GT1. Different classes, of course, but still. If we are talking about one of the 11 road going versions of the GT2 Evo, forget it, those are tucked away in private collections never to be seen on the road or track. :lol:

Actually the GT2 Evo was classed in the same class as the GT1. Both raced in the LMGT1 class. the GT2 standard was in the LMGT2 class however.

The holes on the side of the 959 feed the intercoolers. Despite the twin turbos being sequential, they don't really spool up well until 5000 or so.

We also fixed the "wheels are too small" issue with new magnesium hollow spoke wheels in 18" instead of the OEM 17".
20181127_173627.jpg

Back