Porsche Shows Off Its Top Five Fastest Ever Road Cars

I was wondering about the 9FF GTR9 thing from several years back until I looked it up. Didn’t realize it was a tuner.

959 and Carrera GT will always be my favourite Porsche’s. 928 up there too though even if it couldn’t sniff this list

That Carrera GT howls, screams but it is ugly.

That 959 S is an abomination.

The 991 Turbo S is a beautiful car but I don't care much about modern turbo 911's.

The 991 GT2 RS is a beautiful car.

The 918 is gorgeous.

Carrera gt is the best one nothing beats it sound as for porsches. We need carrera gt, 918 spyder and the new 911 gt2 rs

Perhaps reading the article would explain why.... It only traps around 190Mph.
Nowhere in the article is that mentioned.
I've read somewhere that it could reach ~200 mph too, my bad then.

The 98 GT1 is still my favourite Porsche...

I don't care that the Carrera GT is a second slower to 60mph than most of the rest of this list. I just want one, because V10s are awesome. Best-sounding thing in this video by a long, long way.

I still remember the first time I ever saw, and subsequently heard the GT when it was reviewed on Top Gear back when it was new on the scene.

The final dynamic shot of driving into the distance, V10 screaming, is pretty much tattooed on my brain.

Damn, I love the 959 and its idiosyncracies and innovations. 30 year old car. Love him or hate him, Doug DeMuro's recent video about it is well worth a look. As for this video, did it really have to be only 5 minutes long?

Last edited:
Not to you but I find it a very ugly Porsche. A true abomination.
I'm not a fan of the 959 all that much, either. It looks right for the era it came from, but my problem with it is that it looks like a 911 with a bodykit, but it's not a 911... but it's sort of a 911. I like what the car is and what it did for the company, but it's not very good looking.

I never liked the 959, not even when it was released. Look at it, the back end is so massive, the overhang is so, mmm, huge. That integrated wing. Those wheels are so small. Look at the turbo "hole" at the side of the car. The front end is somewhat decent though. Nothing to complain about that.

iu

iu

iu

For me, the CGT is the single most desirable modern super car... performance differences are irrelevant once you have >500bhp in a c.1,500kg car.
I was meaning to ask you, what do you think about Porsche’s new refresh program being offered to CGT owners so they can have their cars refinished in whatever they want? Think it’ll affect values & will Porsche keep the owner requests in check?

You know, for most people a sight like this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity... for you it's like, a regular wednesday. :P
It's more rediculous the closer you look. 3 959s, CGT, Porsche press car 918 (chassis 000), Ruf BTR, and the yellow one is a 67 911R (prototype #4).

It's more rediculous the closer you look. 3 959s, CGT, Porsche press car 918 (chassis 000), Ruf BTR, and the yellow one is a 67 911R (prototype #4).

Plus a 512BB, 993 Turbo and whatever's inside the warehouse (like the 917/30s for instance)

I was meaning to ask you, what do you think about Porsche’s new refresh program being offered to CGT owners so they can have their cars refinished in whatever they want? Think it’ll affect values & will Porsche keep the owner requests in check?

refinished as in repainted?

Plenty of CGTs have been repainted... plastic, removable body panels make it pretty straight forward.

refinished as in repainted?

Plenty of CGTs have been repainted... plastic, removable body panels make it pretty straight forward.
True, but I'm referring from Porsche themselves who also refinished the wheels, interior, and added some matching engine touches as part of the recommission program with that Oak Green Metallic example.

Back