Porsche Vision GT Spyder Coming to Gran Turismo 7 on September 29

• Thread starter Famine
  • 80 comments
Why this 1000 variants of cars? It blocks 1 of 3 slots for monthly updates ;-)
Because its vastly quicker and cheaper than modelling entirely different cars. Why add a ZZII when you can include a Japanese mx5, and American mx5, a European mx5 and still brag how many cars are in the game? Same reason we have Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 , and street versions of the same cars. For GT type cars, where are the Ginettas, Bently, Cadillac, Lister, Panoz? Sorry m8, the new GranTurismo leaves all its decisions up to its corporate sponsors (and the money demands of Sony).

Why this 1000 variants of cars? It blocks 1 of 3 slots for monthly updates ;-)
Unless my math is off, this makes... «checks calculator» two variants of Porsche Vision GT.
Why add a ZZII when you can include a Japanese mx5, and American mx5, a European mx5 and still brag how many cars are in the game?
Gran Turismo 6 called, and would like the Standard version of its joke back. Although it also had a ZZ-II, so...

GT7 has three MX-5s - or rather two Roadsters and one Eunos Roadster (although it should be the other way round) - and none of them are American or European.

Same reason we have Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 , and street versions of the same cars.
Yeah, that's not only not true - only the Nissan GT-R and second-gen Honda NSX are available across all those categories - it's blindingly ignorant of how incredibly different "Gr.2" (GT1 and Super GT) cars are from "Gr.3" (GT3, GTE, Group 5, and Super GT GT300 cars), and how incredibly different they are from road cars and "Gr.4" (GT4) cars that all wear the same basic badge.

Last edited:
Unless my math is off, this makes... «checks calculator» two variants of Porsche Vision GT.

Gran Turismo 6 called, and would like the Standard version of its joke back. Although it also had a ZZ-II, so...

GT7 has three MX-5s - or rather two Roadsters and one Eunos Roadster (although it should be the other way round) - and none of them are American or European.
The next time you hear that whoooosh sound you might want to look up to see what just went over your head
Yeah, that's not only not true - only the Nissan GT-R and second-gen Honda NSX are available across all those categories - it's blindingly ignorant of how incredibly different "Gr.2" (GT1 and Super GT) cars are from "Gr.3" (GT3, GTE, Group 5, and Super GT GT300 cars), and how incredibly different they are from road cars and "Gr.4" (GT4) cars that all wear the same basic badge.
Ooooo, blindingly. In italics, even. Well color me suitably cowed. I was unaware we had someone who codes automobile simulations professionally on staff. Next time I'll remember it's exactly identical to building a physical car out of steel and aluminum and carbon fiber and glass, because coders always start from scratch, right? They never reuse code.

Free update = people complains.
They've all been free so far. But people have a right to criticise PD for not doing more to improve the game and flesh out the numbers.
I believe the Lexus RCF is also available in all of those classes. But it's worth mentioning the Gr.B versions of those cars also add to the car list. Not to mention the safety cars and "Road Car" variants of the race cars - which few people are a fan of.

The worst and most boring VGT gets a new variant... OF COURSE it does :lol:

On the plus side, it looks better than the coupé AND we now know the release date of the next update! Gotta find the positives!

The next time you hear that whoooosh sound you might want to look up to see what just went over your head

Ooooo, blindingly. In italics, even. Well color me suitably cowed. I was unaware we had someone who codes automobile simulations professionally on staff. Next time I'll remember it's exactly identical to building a physical car out of steel and aluminum and carbon fiber and glass, because coders always start from scratch, right? They never reuse code.
Fun way of conceding you made something up out of ignorance for effect and weren't expecting to get called on it.

images (1).jpeg

They've all been free so far. But people have a right to criticise PD for not doing more to improve the game and flesh out the numbers.

I believe the Lexus RCF is also available in all of those classes. But it's worth mentioning the Gr.B versions of those cars also add to the car list. Not to mention the safety cars and "Road Car" variants of the race cars - which few people are a fan of.
Not to mention there are two near-duplicates of the Gr.3 version of the Lexus RC F, though the 2017 RC F GT3 does have a larger engine than the 2016 RC F GT3 Prototype (5.4 L versus 5.0 L) as part of losing the "Prototype" moniker. On the flip side, other than the Gr.4 version of the RC F, all of the RC F's are real-world cars, and the GT500 is at the high end of Gr.2.

Only the 2017 Honda NSX ticks off all 5 classes, with only the road and Gr.2 versions not being fake cars. There is a NSX GT3, though it's badged as an Acura.

Be interesting to see if this car is part of the silhouettes or not. You'd expect not, as it doesn't make sense to "tease" a revealed car, but you never know with PD.

Be interesting to see if this car is part of the silhouettes or not. You'd expect not, as it doesn't make sense to "tease" a revealed car, but you never know with PD.
The Gr. 3 version of the Suzuki VGT was placed in the silhouettes even though we already knew it was coming, though to be fair there was never a set date for when that would release, unlike this Porsche and the Dior Mangusta.

Last edited:
The Gr. 3 version of the Suzuki VGT was placed in the silhouettes even though we already knew it was coming, though to be fair there was never a set date for when that would release, unlike this Porsche and the Dior Mangusta.
It wasn't "revealed" per se either, I don't think we knew what it'd look like, just that it was coming at some point. The Dior car is the closest example to what we have with this, though the major difference there is that the announcement came from a GT event rather than a YouTube community post lol.

Latest Posts

Back