Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay
To be honest I haven't either (thats why I say apparently :)) apparently Che from Turn 10 said it in one of his posts.

I can't understand how NFS, Forza and GRID are able to use Porsche.

Seems like Porsche hold a grudge against PD or something.

I hear a lot about this "EA have the license so PD can't include them". That goes out the window since various other games include them.

Maybe Porsche said yes but would only allow cars that the other games had not used, as I know Kaz would want certain models in the game if he's trying to cover car history.
There is the idea that Porsche wanted their cars to be better than their rivals (IE: Lamborghini & Ferrari), but they can't be THAT big-headed can they?

Well until TGS I won't believe that there is no chance that PD have acquired the Porsche license. I mean companies are good at staying tight-lipped and if the license was bought I reckon PD would unveil it at TGS as it's probably bigger news than getting Ferrari and Lamborghini.

I guess the reasons behind this will go unknown.

-> It will be up to TGS on when will this thread get deleted (Porsche in GT5) or moved to the GT6 forum (Porsche will not be on GT5). We will see by then. :indiff:

I hear a lot about this "EA have the license so PD can't include them". That goes out the window since various other games include them.

No, as I said before for PD to get the rights they would have to make a deal with EA (assuming it is true that EA has the license), the deal might not be something PD/Sony is willing to make (big money, PR restrictions etc), it might even be a different deal than other franchises like Forza. We don't know.

Then again it isn't 100% out the window, we will find out.

Just noticed a GT5P lauch party vid on youtube.
the Carrera GT was at the lauch party.
interesting that they could get it for the party but not for the game. or that they even would.

RUF is confirmed for GTPSP, i would assume that is a confirmation for their inclusion in GT5 as well.

RUF is a tuning outfit that modifies Porsche. So, more or less, select Porsche vehicles (tuned by RUF) will be in GT5.

The sheer fact that one measly reporter was told Porsche is excluded seems sketchy at best. Just think, one month until TGS. Kaz knew this and he just wants to keep things a secret for one more month. Or so I hope.

Only way to find out when next license is available for Porsche, is to call them up, lie that you are creating the Ultimate car experience simulator, and ask if they can sell you the license. If they say YES , just say sorry change my mind, Call PD and prove it to their FACES! If they say NO, just say ahh too bad.. ; )

The sheer fact that one measly reporter was told Porsche is excluded seems sketchy at best. Just think, one month until TGS. Kaz knew this and he just wants to keep things a secret for one more month. Or so I hope.

That's just it. Do you think that Kaz would reveal that one of the most anticipated brands would be in GT5 through a single reporter? Of course not.

Only way to find out when next license is available for Porsche, is to call them up, lie that you are creating the Ultimate car experience simulator, and ask if they can sell you the license. If they say YES , just say sorry change my mind, Call PD and prove it to their FACES! If they say NO, just say ahh too bad.. ; )
Because it's that easy. :rolleyes:

-> ...
^ I have a gut feeling that this "reporter" is a Forza fanboi or Che's personal underling for that matter. :indiff:

-> I mean; no other sources confirming that very statement itself that Porsche will not be in GT5 at all! :grumpy:

-> ...

^ I have a gut feeling that this "reporter" is a Forza fanboi or Che's personal underling for that matter. :indiff:

-> I mean; no other sources confirming that very statement itself that Porsche will not be in GT5 at all! :grumpy:

Wouldn't that just make che look silly if porsche were announced at TGS then? ;)

Seriously, I think some people here are so creative when it comes to not dealing with the truth..

Wow, you people are getting really desperate to the point where you dismiss an IGN reporter's words as nothing more than a Forza fanboy's just because it isn't what you want to hear.

Here's a sad fact, guys. IGN spoke to Kaz. at the show, we didn't; thus, his words are far more believable than anyone's here about IGN telling us false truths.

This is the thing. There is still a chance Porsche will be in GT5. Just because it is not possible now does not mean its impossible for all time. Just like the Fallout 3 DLC was exclusive, just like people (and the developer of the game) said Bioshock would never go to the PS3, just like people thought GTA, FF and MGS were exclusive. Times change, money being the major force in that change. Once GT5 sell 5 million copies in 20 seconds I am sure Porsche will at least think to themselves, "Maybe vi shuld have considered zi Japanis maan. Zi Americans pay vell but many people play hiss game." There is a chance Porsche may reconsider or PD may pony up enough cash. In fact I know MS pays Porsche so they can have Porsche because EA has a contract with them. So PD might be waiting to get some of the revenue from to pay for a license with Porsche and put them in the game as DLC. Whatever, but to say we will never see Porsche in GT is not quite fair.

-> ...
Wow, you people are getting really desperate to the point where you dismiss an IGN reporter's words as nothing more than a Forza fanboy's just because it isn't what you want to hear.

Here's a sad fact, guys. IGN spoke to Kaz. at the show, we didn't; thus, his words are far more believable than anyone's here about IGN telling us false truths.

Wouldn't that just make che look silly if porsche were announced at TGS then? ;)

Seriously, I think some people here are so creative when it comes to not dealing with the truth..

This thread needs to be closed right now. KY already stated that Porsche refused to give PD a license.

Porsche gave the license to EA and Turn10 only.
^ As just what I've said earlier, if IGN's statement is pure golden truth. We should move this thread on the *future* GT6 forum then, I bet all who can agree that there is no point of continuing this thread under in the GT5 forum. :indiff:

"Maybe vi shuld have considered zi Japanis maan. Zi Americans pay vell but many people play hiss game."

For some sadistic reason, I just imagined Timo Berhard saying that:lol:

Meh I'll just pretend the Ruf I'm playing with is a Porsche. I ain't gonna throw down 200 bucks for a 360 and another 50 for Forza just for Porsche.

It is quite interesting... when it comes to things that are wanted, any hint or peek at it is almost golden confirmation. Even if it's not really there people find a way to say because there is no proof otherwise it will happen.

Even when it's confirmed by KY "things can alwas change! Nothings permanent!"

But when it's something negative, videos, common sense and all likliehood are not enough... it's always "Wait till TGS, wait till launch... who needs it anyways.... stop whining it's not important..."

Quite entertaining actually...

This thread really has gotten a bit ridiculous.

Also, what's with the Porsche thing?

^ As just what I've said earlier, if IGN's statement is pure golden truth. We should move this thread on the *future* GT6 forum then, I bet all who can agree that there is no point of continuing this thread under in the GT5 forum. :indiff:

But has anyone considered that Kazunori-san didn't tell t3h truth?
Nordshleife won't be in GT4........

But has anyone considered that Kazunori-san didn't tell t3h truth?
Nordshleife won't be in GT4........

That's the problem. Consider the two posibilities and how Kaz would answer to IGNs question:

1. Truth: There are Porsches in GT5: Answer: no there aren't Porches in GT5
2. Truth: There are not Porches in GT5: Answer: no there aren't Porches in GT5

Same both ways. There is no way that Kaz would reveal Porches to a reporter. That will not happen. Cologne (Germany) would have been the logical choice but they didn't even have a presentation there. The next logical choice is TGS. The only question is whether the lie would be different if there are Porches in GT5. It is probably too late to go with a "still trying to negotiate a license" answer. Just like everything else we will probably have to wait until TGS to find out. It is unlikely but possible that Porches will be in GT5. If you have a problem taking speculation too seriously and Porsche is important to you, then it would be better to assume that there are no porsches in GT5. Personally I don't really care. It would be nice but it is probably more Porches loss than mine.

All information we get about GT5 from now (or E3) until release will have been carefully planned. I'm sure even the website slip was carefully planned to give us some info but rather ambiguously. We just have to wait and see what happens. It makes no sense getting worked up over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back