Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i also dont think Porsche will be in GT5. But on the other hand do you really think that he would announce that Porsche is in GT5 in an interview like that. Besides there has been a delay in releasing the game. It must have been delayed for something very important. It could be that they are working overtime to get Porsche in GT5?

noooo no porsches porsches are my fav no porsche no buy for me again must i say stop with the ea+porsche forrrza 3 haas porsche so does grid so will tdu2 this realy makes me very sad indead:mad::banghead::(

Ok, we have had multiple confirmations that GT5 will not have Porsches so what should happen this thread? Should we:

A. Rename it "Will Porsches be in GT6?"
B. Close it because the question has been answered more then once

Either way, its no longer useful to have a thread that reads "Will Porsches be in GT5".

Last edited:
Yea, I think that was Kaz's way of saying, "give it up guys, but hopefully down the road."

99.9% case closed
Porsche will Not be in GT5

I bet Porsche will be in GT5, but like everything else Kaz says, you can't tell what he is REALLY saying, or if he's telling the truth. Wait till the game drops, then find out.

Yeah exactly. Maybe he keeps it as a secret? Even for DLC? Sure we have RUF, but that is way different car that kind off looks like a Porsche. We really need Porsche, its considered to be most respectful race car and sports car.

I will just say NO, Porsche will not be in GT5. But if it is in GT5 that will be one of many spectacular suprises!

Yeah exactly. Maybe he keeps it as a secret? Even for DLC? Sure we have RUF, but that is way different car that kind off looks like a Porsche. We really need Porsche, its considered to be most respectful race car and sports car.
If I had the cash, Porsche would be way down the list of sports cars that I'd consider buying. Fair enough, great for completeness in the game, but I never really liked the look of them. One or two stand out, but nothing too special.

A Ruf is not a way different car that kind of looks like a Porsche, it is in fact a Porsche which has been rebuild and recieved all kind of performance upgrades.
It is called a Ruf and not a Porsche tuned by Ruf because they are a licenced manufacturer like Alpina ( BMW ) in Germany.
So any Ruf is basically a Porsche+, not changing the fact however I would love to see Porsche appear in a future-edition of GT.

A Ruf is not a way different car that kind of looks like a Porsche, it is in fact a Porsche which has been rebuild and recieved all kind of performance upgrades.
It is called a Ruf and not a Porsche tuned by Ruf because they are a licenced manufacturer like Alpina ( BMW ) in Germany.
So any Ruf is basically a Porsche+, not changing the fact however I would love to see Porsche appear in a future-edition of GT.
It's not "basically" a Porsche+, it is an Ruf. If it were a Porsche, the car would be branded something like Porsche Ruf. The fact that it shares some components is irrelevant because they are, as you say, an independent licenced manufacturer who just happen to use unmarked bodies and chassis from Porsche.

Ruf cars are made of many components from Porsche, but they do have many parts, that they have exclusively.
The difference is bigger than lets say the difference between the Ford Galaxy and the Volkswagen Sharan, they both look the same, exept for some minor changes, they do have many parts in common, but still one is a Ford and the other one is a Volkswagen.

Ruf builds the cars from the ground up, but they use parts from Porsche, they even use basic parts of the chassis, but they are officially accepted as a manufacturer and not just a tuner.

We discussed the difference long enough, this thread shall rest in peace now, until GT6 is announced, there is no hope that we will get Porsche.

Yes, they use some parts from Porsche...that does not mean they are a Porsche+ as analog seems to think. They are made by Ruf, and that is the brand of the car.

Good news is that lots of modeling is already done (body is practicly the seme with some models) if they want to make RUF->Porsche conversation and release DLC.

Good news is that lots of modeling is already done (body is practicly the seme with some models) if they want to make RUF->Porsche conversation and release DLC.

I'd bet they do already drive all the Porsche models in GT build in PD's studios for fun. :)

In every case, driving Nürburgring Nordschleife with some older air-cooled Carrera RS could be maybe even better experience than doing that in mighty RUF CTR Yellowbird, which was my favourite car in GT4.

They look the same, engine is in the same place and they drive the same wheels. For me they are much the same

Porsche will not be in GT5.

Evidence, I hear you ask. How about evidence from Porsche themselves?

So you probably know that I wrote an e-mail to Porsche some time ago, asking why they don't appear in Gran Turismo 5. Much to my surprise, I actually received an answer today:

Porsche contact
Dear Mr. XXX

thank you for your e-mail from 19th of August and your encouragement about our commitment in the area of computer gaming, which we are happy to answer. Please excuse our belated response.

In general we concede with you [editorial note: as in me saying that Porsche can't afford to not be in Gran Turismo anymore]. But for about 10 years by now, there has been an exclusive cooperation in the area of entertainment software between Porsche and Electronic Arts. Then, the prelude was the Porsche-only version of 'Need for Speed'. This cooperation still exists, and in the meantime, there has been a multitude of further mutual projects.

As for all of our cooperation partners, we are interested in a durable and good partnership. That involves meeting decisions which, from the outside, might not reveal themselves instantly, such as the decision to not be featured in 'Gran Turismo'.

We hope to have helped you with these short background informations and remain

with best regards
XXX XXX

Porsche contact

So, Porsche themselves say, "thanks" to an exclusive agreement with EA, that they are not going to feature in GT5.

So, why are Porsche in other games, ie Forza, that aren't produced by EA.

Porsche contact
On the other hand, there are a few sublicenses handed out by Electronic Arts. This happens to be the case for the Forza Motorsport game series. Due to our close cooperation with Electronic Arts, we accept their entrepreneurial decisions to give out sublicenses. Electronic Arts operates in the area of entertainment software, we operate in the area of producing cars. In terms of a good partnership, we only deem it best to let every one of our partners operate freely in their respective branch. Even if that means that there will be decisions which we would have met differently.
As stated, EA sell sub-licenses to other game companies, i.e. Turn 10, but that they exclude Sony/PD from getting a sub-license.

So, that's the Porsche side covered. What do Sony/PD say.

Lets go over to PD producer, Kazunori Yamauchi

Auto Express interview with Kazunori Yamauchi
Are there any car makers that won’t be appearing in GT5 that you’d like to see in GT6?

GT5 will have a few historic models in it, but looking back at automotive history there are a lot of cars that would be nice to have. I couldn’t narrow it down to one manufacturer, but Porsche is definitely at the top of my wish list.
So, there you have it, Kaz himself saying that Porsche are at the top of the list for inclusion into future games.

So, I think we can safely say that Porsche are not going to be in GT5.

So, with that, I'm going to put this thread out of my misery. Creation of any future Porsche/GT5 threads is entirely at the thread starters own risk. I wouldn't like to say what could happen to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back