Possible 'confirmation' of NFS Underground 3?

• Thread starter billyhas
  • 648 comments
United States
United States
freemason007
I'm a regular poster on the Neogaf forums and a few days ago, I posted in the 'E3 predictions' thread on Neogaf.

My post referenced to hopes of seeing Underground 3 announced at E3 this year.

The post right after mine was made by a poster named Ghost_Ben with a .gif which to my eyes says "I can't wait"..

Now, Ghost_Ben...Ghost Games..?
Sure, so I clicked onto his profile and this post was his first ever on Neogaf. I decided to click on his Twitter homepage link and sure enough, Ghost_Ben is indeed the community manager for Ghost Games and EA who specifically looks after Need For Speed.

Anyway, here's the link to the thread and Twitter page:

Scroll down to post 715

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=160044913&highlight=#post160044913

https://twitter.com/benwalke

Perhaps I'm looking too deep into it but that's what happens when you have been waiting for a true sequel to Underground 2 for so damn long lol..!

So that's where Ben left, the former Community Manager at Codemasters.

But yeah, Underground or bust. Crossing my fingers for an E3 announcement.

image.jpg

I think this picture is fake and is photoshopped.

The background looks a bit too realistic. Of course this is going to be on next gen and the graphics are going to be kick ass but I don't think a 7th Generation Video Game console could handle that. Sure PT has some crazy looking graphics but the background's textures looks well...... kinda crappy in some way. They don't even look anything like something from a video game.

I may be wrong. Of course you did said that this is a possibility. But I'm going to leave the rest for the GTP community to discuss and decide if it looks fake or not.

*CaptainObvious.png*

A DeviantArt user made that two years ago as fan art for a potential Underground 3. Nobody is claiming that to be real.
Alright thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure if the mods should lock this thread after what you said because Billy said this was a possibility *which this picture has now been proven to be fake* unlike @nfsoverdrive who confirmed that the name of the new NFS game is called Need For Speed Overdrive knowing that was fake. Also how can you trust this guy when his username is the same name as the NFS game he posted about which hasn't been officially revealed yet?

And also, the picture he posted regarding about the title for NFS Overdrive looks cheaply done, even a 10 year old could create it. Heck many people were making fun of it.

That picture isn't the reason this thread exist. Ghost_Ben's post is the reason. His homepage links to the Twitter of Ben Walke - the CM of Ghost Gothenburg.

That picture isn't the reason this thread exist. Ghost_Ben's post is the reason. His homepage links to the Twitter of Ben Walke - the CM of Ghost Gothenburg.
I googled NFS underground 3 fan art and look what I got for results. It's on the right on the first row of images.
image.jpg

image.jpg

It's from deviant art. It's fake. The NFS forums on GTP has lied to us again! And why did Ben posted this without even doing some research first? I'm confused.

Well I still find this fake because I just googled up NFS Underground 3 fan art and take a look at the picture on your right.It's from deviant art. It's fake. The NFS forums on GTP has lied to us again! And also I don't even know why Ben decided to troll us with something that is fan made.
That's literally what I just said.
The poster in the GAF thread never said that it was a real image, nor did @billyhas. The GAF poster added the image expressing his interest in seeing Underground 3 at E3 this year, and the Community Manager of Ghost Games (who, by the way are creating the next NFS) posted this reaction GIF to the image as if to see "We'll see."
tumblr_m7xtgqguPp1ryfrfko1_500.gif

Need I make it any more clear?

That's literally what I just said.
The poster in the GAF thread never said that it was a real image, nor did @billyhas. The GAF poster added the image expressing his interest in seeing Underground 3 at E3 this year, and the Community Manager of Ghost Games (who, by the way are creating the next NFS) posted this reaction GIF to the image as if to see "We'll see."
tumblr_m7xtgqguPp1ryfrfko1_500.gif

Need I make it any more clear?
No everything is all set.

^^ I wouldn't get my hopes up at all. Apart from the original NFS and Porsche Unleashed, they've all been crap.

If I wanted to play crap, I'd just play the Burnout games.

Between the first and fifth NFS games, lots of fun and happy times. Even Underground 1 was pretty solid. Then it just got so overdone and dramatized.

They really should bring back the original from the 90s.
I think everything up until 2010 was pretty good, except SHIFT, then The Run was release and NFS started the slow descent down. Hopefully they can reprieve themselves this year.

Around the start of the PS3/360 era is where I'd say the series went down.
Undercover wasn't too bad, Prostreet was awful, Shift was bad, HP was good, Run was awful, MW 2012 was terrible and Rivals was bearable

Underground 3 is a MUST if NFS is to stay afloat any longer. EA have already shot themselves in the foot several times with the series lately.

Underground 3 is a MUST if NFS is to stay afloat any longer. EA have already shot themselves in the foot several times with the series lately.
Hopefully it's not some random NFS game with "Underground" slapped on it... *cough* Most Wanted 2012 *cough*

Undercover wasn't too bad, Prostreet was awful, Shift was bad, HP was good, Run was awful, MW 2012 was terrible and Rivals was bearable
Most Wanted 2012 was like a joke to the fans of the original Most Wanted. Barely did it had anything to do with the original. I felt like they should of called it something else. Having the BMW M3 GTR still doesn't count.

Most Wanted 2012 was like a joke to the fans of the original Most Wanted. Barely did it had anything to do with the original. I felt like they should of called it something else. Having the BMW M3 GTR still doesn't count.
MW was awful. Sold it once I beat the "blacklist".

Okay, compared to the likes of GT and Forza the tuning was bad but it was better than we have now. At least you could tune your car in the old games.

Okay, compared to the likes of GT and Forza the tuning was bad but it was better than we have now. At least you could tune your car in the old games.

Yes. Even the NFS:U2 - which is older than MW, by the way - has a more in-depth tuning (ex. adjust the gears, ECU tune, etc.), it still doesn't beat the MW quick tunning option.

Ok.

Back