Possible 'confirmation' of NFS Underground 3?

• Thread starter billyhas
  • 648 comments
Also I wonder how much RTR, RWB and Rocket Bunny were paid...
I think RTR should not be a problem because NFS and RTR did made a car back when Team NFS was still competing in drift events. Besides Vaughn Gittin and EA has close ties during NFS Shift 2 Unleashed days.
need-for-speed-mustang-rtr-x-001.jpg

I think RTR should not be a problem because NFS and RTR did made a car back when Team NFS was still competing in drift events. Besides Vaughn Gittin and EA has close ties during NFS Shift 2 Unleashed days.
need-for-speed-mustang-rtr-x-001.jpg
I recall but I'm still curious how much they're paying multiple big tuner shops to host their creations in the game. It's pretty cool to be honest bust still makes you wonder

Ugh, why this reboot crap? First it was Hot Pursuit, then Most Wanted, and now Need For Speed itself. Just pick a new title goddammit!

Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted by Criterion were not reboots. They were all just Criterion's reimagining of those games, I remember Craig Sullivan say those words in MW's E3 reveal.

This is the real deal, the real reboot.

RTR is just a brand of Ford. RWB has been in an NFS game before. TRA Kyoto has worked with Speedhunters before so it probably wasn't too hard to make an arrangement.
The question wasn't how hard was it, but how much where they paid. They are big names in the current car scene, and I'm sure that the addition of them is going to garner a boat load of attention. Hard? Of course not, especially with the money I'm sure EA has.

What I'm wondering is if you just get the RWB, TRA Kyoto, and Rocketbunney cars as a complete vehicle, or if you're able to add them on yourself to the base cars.

Last edited:
Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted by Criterion were not reboots. They were all just Criterion's reimagining of those games, I remember Craig Sullivan say those words in MW's E3 reveal.

This is the real deal, the real reboot.
I'm talking about the titles, not the games themselves. The titles are what confuse me.

We barely know anything about the game yet.

If by "any old NFS game" you mean a game with cars in it then yes it certainly is.
I'll ignore that attempt at being clever.

You can tell cops are in it (yeah, that was previously discussed a lot, probably even by you)
You can tell bodykits are in it (also previously discussed a lot, also probably by you)
You can tell it has a story mode
Much more than just "a game with cars in it", don't you think?

Now, tell me how I can distinguish it from any old NFS game, please. (Yes, outside of improved graphics)

Now, tell me how I can distinguish it from any old NFS game, please.
There's police. (missing from both Underground games, ProStreet and Shifts.)
There are body kits. (Missing from all games before the Underground, and after 2010 Hot Pursuit)
There's story mode. (Missing from all games before the Underground, Shifts, and post-2010 games apart from The Run.)

The title Need for Speed has covered almost every racing game type there is, and the only thing that is common with all of them is being a video game where you drive cars.

The question wasn't how hard was it, but how much where they paid. They are big names in the current car scene, and I'm sure that the addition of them is going to garner a boat load of attention. Hard? Of course not, especially with the money I'm sure EA has.

What I'm wondering is if you just get the RWB, TRA Kyoto, and Rocketbunney cars as a complete vehicle, or if you're able to add them on yourself to the base cars.

If so I hope there is a wide variety of tuner outlets sort of like the list GT4 had (not the best example I know) where you could buy the car from the tuner already as was. Or you could select a car and then build upon it. See I like these NFS games more so then the over the top let's drive Super Car X. This feels more street racer envisioned realistic than every joe having a Lambo or Veyron (even the police) in some backwoods county.

If so I hope there is a wide variety of tuner outlets sort of like the list GT4 had (not the best example I know) where you could buy the car from the tuner already as was. Or you could select a car and then build upon it. See I like these NFS games more so then the over the top let's drive Super Car X. This feels more street racer envisioned realistic than every joe having a Lambo or Veyron (even the police) in some backwoods county.
Couldn't agree more. For the sake of realism I'm half hoping the RWB 911 is the most exotic car available

Back