Possible GT4 demo in OPM #88?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CapnCrunch311
  • 69 comments
  • 5,823 views
Messages
4
Okay, the demo isn't listed on the official Playstation Undergound site... but I found something on 1up.com (home of OPM, EGM, etc.). Anyway, I was browsing the site when I came across John Davison's (editor for OPM) Blog page. He said that issue #88 was delayed because of a "hiccup" with the demo disc and that the wait will be "best in the long run". Anyway, here's what's on the cover:

media


I know that's not much to go on but you never know. Even if there is no GT4 demo there will most likely be some new info one the game since it's the cover story.
 
a demo that is playable on ntsc/u systems? I don't know what to say.

I will cross my fingers, but I'm not holding out too much hope.
 
Sounds very promising. With GT4 on the cover and him saying "it will be better in the long run, believe me." Makes me very excited. Maybe I can at least play a little bit of GT4 over the holidays with the DFP I am going to get for X-mas (hopefully.) 👍 👍
 
the hiccup is most likely the glitch they recently had where it deleted your memory card after you loaded the demo disc. My advice, anytime you play a demo, take out your memory card. But yes, there is a GT4 demo on the way in a playstation magazine, just take my word for it kids.
 
This will be nice. Though I can only assume it will be the GT4 japanese demo that many of us are playing already. Or something close to it.

It would nice to play more though, I'd like to see B-spec mode too.
 
Pretty damn soon. My last OPM magazine came in over five weeks ago. It'll be here any day now. Like the blog said, it was delayed, but I see it coming in the next week or so.
 
Cool. I dont get OPM anymore in the mail so I'll be visiting the local bookstore to get this copy.
 
Nemo
the hiccup is most likely the glitch they recently had where it deleted your memory card after you loaded the demo disc. My advice, anytime you play a demo, take out your memory card. But yes, there is a GT4 demo on the way in a playstation magazine, just take my word for it kids.

That's right, the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo is on this issues disc so that's most likely what caused the delay. Oh well, still a GT4 cover story.
 
Hm. But the news about VJ2 came out weeks ago.. that's plenty of time for them to remove it if that's all it was. Here's hoping, though. :)

Now I just have to debate on whether to go buy the issue or not.. not for the obvious reasons, but because I have a subscription. When I bought The Bard's Tale, they were giving away a free six-month subscription to a "Ziff-Davis magazine", which happened to be OPM. So I might be getting this issue in the mail, or maybe not.. I dunno. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday. I mean, surely someone here will buy the mag off the newsstand, and it'll be front-page news if "our" demo is on there. :)

EDIT: Hm.. I just read the blog, here's what it says:

"Yeah, that's the new OPM cover at the top
Some of you may be wondering why you haven't seen copies of the new OPM yet. After all, we finished the thing weeks ago, and subscribers should have started getting them by now. We had a bit of a hiccup with the demo disc, unfortunately, but we were able to get it fixed before we mailed the thing out. It slowed us down a bit, which is annoying, I know - but it's for the best in the long run, believe me. Subscribers should start getting copies any second now."

He may be talking about VJ2 here.. it doesn't say it "WILL be the best", he says it's "FOR the best". Which does sound like more of a reference to lost save-games than having anything special on the disc. I mean, taking out VJ2 would definitely be for the best in the long run.

Although, historically, don't most of their cover games show up on the disc?
 
Who ever gets the mag first, we need scans:)
 
Thats so true since all the current hot PS2 games are pretty much out and already have demo's
 
It should be out anytime soon since subscribers just started to get their copies
 
Anyone notice the release date on the site?

.... 02/14/2005
 
do u mean the mag or the game?

cuz onthe mag cover it says JAN 2005 so it should be released in Dec 04
 
If there was a demo of Gt4 on, they would charge £20 for the magazine.
 
I just HOPE of it does come out, it will end up in a game stop or safeway, because i don't subscribe to it...
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I really hope a demo is in there! :O I could get it tommorow at my nearby Borders. I find it a pattern that they get new game magazines every tuesday on the 2nd week of that month. :O But maybe they are sitting there at the stands right now with no demo disc! People at times open up the wraps and steal the demo disc at times! :mad:
 
w136klm
I would suggest checking out ign.com, GT4 Blowout, they have a big article about how there will be a demo disk in this issue. It will include a car list, 583 out of 700, and 50 confirmed trackes on a booklet that comes with the disk.

Read the article again.. they're talking about a Japanese magazine called "The Playstation", which came out a week or so ago and is the same place everyone here got their demos from (one way or another).

As for the listing on the US Playstation site, with games from the upcoming demo disc... that's a VERY old list, and prone to error. They put those lists up when they're first formulating the disc, and they never update it, even when something changes. Check out the demo listing for Issue 86.. they still list a video about GT4's "online features". Needless to say, that video never appeared. Fact is, we won't know for sure until someone actually gets the issue in-hand and goes through the disc.
 
January OPM

demos
MTV Music Generator 3
ATV3
PoP2
TMNT 2
Mega Man X8
Champions Return to Arms

videos
Ghost In The Shell
Shadow Hearts
Crisis Zone
GTA SA
Gretzky 2005
Godzilla

downloads
Socom 2 Liberation map

Posted by Sonycowboy IGNPS2GB
 
I'll be looking at buying this issue. Usually I pass becuase of the high price.
 
Yep, what Cheshyrkat said. No go for the demo. SC over on the IGN boards has the issue, and gave a quick review of all the demos, made no mention whatsoever of GT4.

%^*.
 
Back