Possible GT4 demo in OPM #88?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CapnCrunch311
  • 69 comments
  • 5,821 views
I don't care, since I have the "imported" one anyway...with no time limit even!

We need scans!

Actually, I'm a subscriber, I just haven't gotten it yet. So I was hoping for scans today. But if I'm the one to get scans up, that's cool too :D
 
robertocrx
thanks for the crx site

No problem man! Glad to see that there's another CRX enthusiast here!

I should warn you before hand, however, that we typically cater to only the 1st and 2nd gen. CRX's. Us Americans usually frown upon the "del sol". :guilty:
 
I got mine in the mail early this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't say anything about a demo, and worse my demo disk is cracked! so I can't even check that! what are the odds? gezzz.

There's a big article about GT4 but nothing really new is said!!!!!!except that there will be some aero kits for some cars (probably some skirts and wings and all that) but not stickers:) yay!! no stickers!...overall the article seems a little outdated! They say over and over about how the KI is so perfectionist and thats why it keeps getting delayed...and all that we are all tire of reading about. and they also mention that one of the guys at sony had the online disk sitting on his desk...bla bla bla... the release date is never defined still mentioned as Dec14 maybe they wrote it a while ago!?!?!?! hummmm...then again I just read it really fast before leaving to go to work....

well, it doesn't say anything about a GT4demo... but I couldn't try my demo disk! (freaking huge crack! It was just trown on the middle of the magazine. like it usually is w/ the subscriptions...

There's a full sountrack list on the issue too: is much smaller that you would expect. all I remember is having one of my favorite songs of all time: "Summer Song" by Satriani!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! and some songs from Papa Roach? Do they still play?!?!

well, I'll update evrybody in a little while...





...
 
Ok, here it is!!!! THE FULL OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!:)

p.s. Where did the Van halen song that they announced in the "party" GO?!?!?!oh well... at least "SUMMER SONG" rocks... I'll probably have that as the only selected song!!!





p.s. sorry about the poor quality!!!!I hope everybody is able to read it...:scared:
 

Attachments

  • soundtrack.jpg
    soundtrack.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 170
^ i thought the same thing... i felt like there was way more in GT3... but i never really used it anyway (had it off most of the time)... so if they sacrificed a large soundtrack for better and more engine/exhaust/tires audio and more cars/tracks/etc then well worth it.
 
What happened to the 100 song playlist? Eh, whatever, probably had to save some space on the disc to make production easier. Oh well, it's just music.
 
Awesome! We finally get a 2nd demo in the US!
 
Actually at this point, no one had confimed that there is a GT4 demo with the magazine. Actually it looks like the opposite. Read bmw5150's post.
 
bmw5150
Ok, here it is!!!! THE FULL OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!:)

p.s. Where did the Van halen song that they announced in the "party" GO?!?!?!oh well... at least "SUMMER SONG" rocks... I'll probably have that as the only selected song!!!





p.s. sorry about the poor quality!!!!I hope everybody is able to read it...:scared:

That not the list. Or at least a list for another game. None of the songs from Prologue are there, and it's been confirmed that there will be 96 songs.
 
man i was excited about the demo disk thingy but o well guess we prolly have to wait for gt4
 
mclaren777
Not all of us are members of that site. What were you linking to?

i was trying to show u guys the page where it shows the OPM had some GT4 tracking thing...dunno...but looks like they updated the page, as the page is different now. forget it
 
The page in question was a demonstration that OPM does not update their website. It was a description of the demo disc content for Issue #86 (the one that had the MGS3 demo & cover story). To this day, that page still advertises that Disc #86 would include a video of GT4's online features. Needless to say, that video never came to be, and it was replaced at the last minute with the "Human Element" video, since the announcement was made at TGS about online.

However, they have indeed updated their page.. with the GT4 issue (pic shown above) now listed as the "current" issue instead of the "upcoming" one (which is why the MGS cover was bumped off.. it's no longer the "previous" issue, which is what the link was pointing to). Which means either later today or sometime tomorrow, we should see a preliminary list for the February-issue demo disc (#89). Keep your fingers crossed.. hehe.

Sven
I don't care, since I have the "imported" one anyway...with no time limit even!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. :) Not all of us are as fortunate.. I've got no DVD burner, no modchip, no HDD, and no swap-disc... I'm stuck playing whatever they choose to release to us. So I, for one, would be excited about a real demo in the U.S.. :)
 
usernamed
That not the list. Or at least a list for another game. None of the songs from Prologue are there, and it's been confirmed that there will be 96 songs.
It wouldn't be the first time soundtracks were changed between a Japanese and American release :ouch:
 
Jedi2016
Yeah, yeah, yeah.. :) Not all of us are as fortunate.. I've got no DVD burner, no modchip, no HDD, and no swap-disc... I'm stuck playing whatever they choose to release to us. So I, for one, would be excited about a real demo in the U.S.. :)

Don't feel bad I don't even have a PS2... yet. Once GT4 comes out I will, can't wait!
 
usernamed
That not the list. Or at least a list for another game. None of the songs from Prologue are there, and it's been confirmed that there will be 96 songs.
That's the official list from the the Official U.S. Playstation Magazine! I'd like to think there's more to it, but that's the soundtrack list they released...

They might have left out the songs from "Prologue" because most of you guys are probably already tired of listening to that over and over...they are over a year and a half old!! of course here in the U.S we never really got to it except on the replays people post around the net...not counting on people that has that demo from japan...


This is the title on the top of the list that I posted I while ago...
 

Attachments

  • header.jpg
    header.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 72
"After we heard numerous rumors that GT4 would be delayed yet again, a visit to Sony Computer Entertainment's office in late October reveled a version of the game that was far from complete. It was clearly getting close, but the various games modes were scattered across an assortment of disks, and the entire game didn't exist in a single disk taht you could put in and play. Rumors were quashed November 9 when the game was "declared" finished by the PD team" - U.S. OPM issue 88. Jan05.



"In fact, it's arguable that one of the reason GT4 has been delayed so much is because all of the side projects we've been doing for promotions and auto shows" - U.S. OPM issue 88. Jan05.


there are quite a few more distubing statements...
 
Yes, very "insightful" article...still didn't answer my questions about lack of American market support...

scans (well, not really scans, just pictures from a digital camera, but it's legible, except for the one caption for b-spec mode, but that's not worth reading anyway.)
 
Sven
Yes, very "insightful" article...still didn't answer my questions about lack of American market support...

scans (well, not really scans, just pictures from a digital camera, but it's legible, except for the one caption for b-spec mode, but that's not worth reading anyway.)
thanks :)
but,...
http://team-ir.org/stuff/scans/scans-Pages/Image7.html

"Konami, I think, may be taking the whole notion of realism perhaps a little too seriously, but if they get it right, it will maybe last longer."
To me this sounds good for Enthusia but bad for GT4. :indiff:
 
bmw5150
"After we heard numerous rumors that GT4 would be delayed yet again, a visit to Sony Computer Entertainment's office in late October reveled a version of the game that was far from complete. It was clearly getting close, but the various games modes were scattered across an assortment of disks, and the entire game didn't exist in a single disk taht you could put in and play. Rumors were quashed November 9 when the game was "declared" finished by the PD team" - U.S. OPM issue 88. Jan05.



"In fact, it's arguable that one of the reason GT4 has been delayed so much is because all of the side projects we've been doing for promotions and auto shows" - U.S. OPM issue 88. Jan05.


there are quite a few more distubing statements...

care to enlighten us as to the nature of these disturbing statements, or does anyone have full article scans?
 
Sven
look 3 posts above yours =P

:dunce:
I looked at that, but didnt realise you could expand them, Doh!

thanks SVEN

So KY is now more concerend with bending over to please the manufacturers than gamers. hmmm wonders how long GT5 is going to take.
The game is reconstructed daily. no wonder bugs appear.

Damn Imsaaki had the working online version on his desk.
Now if only somehow that version were to appear on the web :)

And the depth of tuning, different braking performance from different brake manufacturers :)
 
GTXLR
So KY is now more concerend with bending over to please the manufacturers than gamers.
That depends on how you look at it. Would 700 cars not be pleasing gamers?
 
I was refering more to the 30+ projects delaying developement.
But point taken 700+ cars will be oh so sweet :D
 
Back