Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
17261145541_f2ffb68b54_h.jpg

17073914778_649f8e18be_h.jpg

16641459893_3071484128_h.jpg

Could use some professional paint-correction.

Bonus: an LS400 I saw shortly after.

16641458483_b16e15c714_h.jpg

Thanks for the likes gents, I went to a cars and croissants today and parked on the 5th floor in comparison to the bad ass Ferraris and McLarens on the main street. :eek:

Here's Bessie, back when I first bought her in February. Her predecessor, Serenity, was totalled thanks to douchebro in a riced Subaru who punted me off of an off-ramp at 50mph into a ditched truck. No injuries there, thankfully.
MYzu3ou.jpg

Bessie's a '10 Mazda3 s. For a cheap, easily insurable hatchback, she's rather fun. Planning on taking her autocrossing soon.

First time taking it to a track last tuesday, was as much fun as I had hoped!

View attachment 354510

Was that picture taken on track?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it doesn't look like you car has a roll bar and and no helmets? That seems very wrong for a track event even in a VERY safe environment . If the track wasn't to fast ( more like an autocross ) and it was flat ( curbs coned off ) I could maybe understand the no roll bar requirement but no helmet?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it doesn't look like you car has a roll bar and and no helmets? That seems very wrong for a track event even in a VERY safe environment . If the track wasn't to fast ( more like an autocross ) and it was flat ( curbs coned off ) I could maybe understand the no roll bar requirement but no helmet?
Some track days you can drive a car without a roll bar and helmets. I've done it multiple times.

It wasn't lapping, it's a small (about 30 seconds) time attack section that isn't too fast, and it's on an airstrip so it's pretty flat. I didn't originally intend to race that day since I didn't have a helmet yet but it was my birthday and apparently helmets weren't mandatory so I did a couple runs without pushing it too hard. I received my helmet this week so I'll be wearing it to future events ;)

I don't really have the money for a roll bar right now but I only plan on doing this and autocross events for a while so I should be fine.

Some track days you can drive a car without a roll bar and helmets. I've done it multiple times.

Well, on "parade lap" track days I have seen a few helmet optionals ones but it must be a florida thing or something but "almost" every event I have seen is helmet required and roll bars on NA miatas.

It wasn't lapping, it's a small (about 30 seconds) time attack section that isn't too fast, and it's on an airstrip so it's pretty flat. I didn't originally intend to race that day since I didn't have a helmet yet but it was my birthday and apparently helmets weren't mandatory so I did a couple runs without pushing it too hard. I received my helmet this week so I'll be wearing it to future events ;)

I don't really have the money for a roll bar right now but I only plan on doing this and autocross events for a while so I should be fine.

I'm not say I wouldn't do a track day in my car without a roll bar or helmet I'm was just surprised to see that it was allowed.

Glad you had fun, I can't wait to finish saving for my roll bar so Sebring will let me on the track instead of just the parking lot for autocross :lol:

Will
Let me know how it lasts over the course of a few months.

Will do. It's been 2 months already and it hasn't faded at all. I did wipe/scrub it right after because I didn't want that stark white look.

Will

Will do. It's been 2 months already and it hasn't faded at all. I did wipe/scrub it right after because I didn't want that stark white look.
Well if that's the case then I'll probably do that to my new tires when I get them. Mind linking which one you have?

Back