Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
A couple more shots of the Celica

image.jpg
image.jpg

Somehow the radio still works with the broken antennae. Good ole Toyota quality amirite.

Guy in a work van parked next to me, then when he was leaving he forgot that there was a car parked next to him. Back right wheel tore off the bumper completely.
Ouch.

Were you able to exchange insurance numbers or something? Or did he just make a run for it?

Ouch.

Were you able to exchange insurance numbers or something? Or did he just make a run for it?
He came in and got me. Don't know how many times I said thank you for doing that, lol. Going to call their insurance tomorrow and i might try and get a mazdaspeed bumper and lip. May get the hood repainted at the same time.

He came in and got me. Don't know how many times I said thank you for doing that, lol. Going to call their insurance tomorrow and i might try and get a mazdaspeed bumper and lip. May get the hood repainted at the same time.
At least he was courteous with notifying you about it. Most incidents I see here involving work vehicles, they just hit and run.

I have no idea how it's in such great shape for the mileage. No rust on the frame or anywhere else, the seats look almost new, the dash isn't cracked, and even the steering wheel isn't that worn out. Only thing that gives it away is the faded paint. Interior was dirty, but it cleaned up nicely!

Good old Toyota reliability and build quality mate. 5th gen Celicas ftw. Although red is the worst colour in the world. Mine's the exact same colour, including how badly faded it is. Takes some elbow grease and good quality polish to bring it up to scratch trust me.

Here's a pic of my bonnet. It's been washed, and half of it has had two coats of polish, the other half unpolished, to show how much of a difference it makes:

Here it is all polished up. Paint mostly missing from the main bonnet vent due to the turbo being right under it and putting a ton of heat out.

Here it is at a local car show:

This is my favourite photo of it. My avatar is an edited version of this pic:

Good old Toyota reliability and build quality mate. 5th gen Celicas ftw. Although red is the worst colour in the world. Mine's the exact same colour, including how badly faded it is. Takes some elbow grease and good quality polish to bring it up to scratch trust me.

Here's a pic of my bonnet. It's been washed, and half of it has had two coats of polish, the other half unpolished, to show how much of a difference it makes:

Here it is all polished up. Paint mostly missing from the main bonnet vent due to the turbo being right under it and putting a ton of heat out.

Here it is at a local car show:

This is my favourite photo of it. My avatar is an edited version of this pic:

Hey nice to see another 5th gen Celica owner! Love yours! And so I've noticed, my dad has a red 1992 Alltrac turbo (identical to yours but with the different hood) which when he got it was really faded out as well. I'm gonna try to polish it up and see how it comes out, but if it doesn't really help I might have a cheap paint job done on it. Mine is mostly faded in the rear including the rear fenders, liftback, and the roof, but there's also two little spots on the hood that are fading.

you ay this like a Celica bad thing

Hey I don't think it is but I don't think many people are as into 5th gen Celicas like I am. :P

@Mike_grpA It's the same paint type as my MR2 although mine is Crimson Red 3J6 rather than Super Red II 3E5. Fades really bad. I've spent a long time trying to keep it good. It's only good now that it lives in the garage and it gets a wax coat often to keep the UV away from it the best I can.

Hey nice to see another 5th gen Celica owner! Love yours! And so I've noticed, my dad has a red 1992 Alltrac turbo (identical to yours but with the different hood) which when he got it was really faded out as well. I'm gonna try to polish it up and see how it comes out, but if it doesn't really help I might have a cheap paint job done on it. Mine is mostly faded in the rear including the rear fenders, liftback, and the roof, but there's also two little spots on the hood that are fading.

Hey I don't think it is but I don't think many people are as into 5th gen Celicas like I am. :P

@Mike_grpA It's the same paint type as my MR2 although mine is Crimson Red 3J6 rather than Super Red II 3E5. Fades really bad. I've spent a long time trying to keep it good. It's only good now that it lives in the garage and it gets a wax coat often to keep the UV away from it the best I can.

Hey guys, this is what I use to bring the colour out, and then I use a hard wax coat over the top to protect it:
338337.jpg

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/221...=true&hlpv=2&chn=ps&lpid=107&ops=true&viphx=1

Btw Waffles, an Alltrac is definitely not identical to mine :P

Alltrac is the watered down American standard GT-Four, Mine's a genuine Group A homologation car. Lots of extra goodies over the stock GT-Four and Alltrac. Mine's number 39 of 150 Grp A Rallye Carlos Sainz Signature.

Hey guys, this is what I use to bring the colour out, and then I use a hard wax coat over the top to protect it:
338337.jpg

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/221...=true&hlpv=2&chn=ps&lpid=107&ops=true&viphx=1

Btw Waffles, an Alltrac is definitely not identical to mine :P

Alltrac is the watered down American standard GT-Four, Mine's a genuine Group A homologation car. Lots of extra goodies over the stock GT-Four and Alltrac. Mine's number 39 of 150 Grp A Rallye Carlos Sainz Signature.

Ok, so I was right, that is a Carlos Sainz edition. I thought so. But you know what I mean, same general thing. :P

image.jpg

Ok, so I was right, that is a Carlos Sainz edition. I thought so. But you know what I mean, same general thing. :P

View attachment 457719

Well it shares most of the engine and bodywork with the standard GT-Four and Alltrac, so yeah I do know what you mean mate. I just love it too much to not point out the differences when someone thinks it's a normal GT-Four or Alltrac lol. Perhaps that's just me being a snob, but I think it's because I'm such a car nut, that now I have a proper, rare and special piece of racing history, that I want to tell people about it haha.

Differences to a standard GT-Four:

-The obvious - Lightweight open front bar, different bonnet with hot air outlet instead of scoop, bonnet also has two rear facing outlets and a small scoop to feed cooling air to the cam belt housing. Front and rear bumpers have small lightweight aluminium bumpers underneath instead of the large heavy steel ones in the normal GT-Four.

-Water to air charge cooler instead of air to air intercooler, the charge cooler uses a secondary radiator, separate from the engine radiator, and an electric water pump. Charge cooler radiator also has a water misting system, though this isn't connected from the factory, it just had to be bolted in place to homologate it for use in the rally car (I plan on hooking mine up, because it's cool lol).

-Different turbo from the stock GT-Four, which has a steel turbine wheel instead of ceramic.

-Larger AFM

-More aggressive ECU tune, with fuel maps up to a 17psi fuel cut, instead of 12psi fuel cut in the GT-Four.

-Lightweight, lower restriction 2.5 inch exhaust From the factory (still far too restrictive, exhaust upgrades unlock so much power in ST185s)

-Different suspension settings

-Different gearbox (this box was offered on later GT-Fours) with triple cone syncros on second and third, dual syncro rings on fifth, teflon coated shift forks, short throw shifter, and a few other improvements.

+ a few things I've no doubt missed.

Power figures:

GT-Four - 155kw (207hp)
Alltrac - 149kw (200hp)
Group A - 173kw (232hp)

With upgrades, both have a lot of potential. If you have an unlimited budget for mods, the only upside to owning a group a is the rarity and collectibility, though you have to remember to keep all the standard parts when you upgrade.

Edit: Added Alltrac power figure as it's not the same as GT-Four as I previously thought.

Last edited:
Back