Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Just your standard run of the mill Ute you can't get anywhere else in the world or indeed soon even in Australia. This is the last of an entire breed.

upload_2016-8-24_21-26-14.png

Do they race this body shape? The V8 Brute race series is always entertaining to watch. Lots of body contact and drifting due to no weight in the back.

I don't think so, they still use the older VE.

I'm too excited to wait. I've had my fair share of Nissan Primeras, and even a nice and fairly new X-Trail. Time to get myself a proper car that I can give proper care to. I'm getting myself a Datsun 260Z 2+2 on tuesday! It has original injection, been fully restored, and has been reupholstered, so it looks really good. Thinking of building it into a street legal track car, but we'll see!

Enough chit chat. Here's a few pics!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's dirty on the pics. But once I get it I'll get it nice and clean.

SVX
Nice Silvia.

;)

Wonder if it's one of the few legal ones.

No R33 are fully legal in the U.S. there is a grand back story on it, that I'd love to share with you on my wall rather than this thread. Also if the cars are 25+ years old they qualify as collector/historic thus can be imported legally without any repercussions.

No R33 are fully legal in the U.S. there is a grand back story on it, that I'd love to share with you on my wall rather than this thread. Also if the cars are 25+ years old they qualify as collector/historic thus can be imported legally without any repercussions.

I must have been thinking of the Motorex R34s then. I think I know the story, but feel free to send a PM all the same.

SVX
I must have been thinking of the Motorex R34s then. I think I know the story, but feel free to send a PM all the same.

Nah you seem to know the culprit, so you're already halfway there. But they're the reason the R33 is legal in the first place.

Not to continue pulling this off topic, but, it's my understanding that only the R33's done by Motorex and one other company were road legal, and even that was a bit shaky. Exporting cars to the US for use on the road is a very hard thing to achieve. First you need to get government certification, then you need to bring 5 to 10 cars to be "fixed" to meet safety standards. Then those cars need to be crash tested. And then they need to meet emissions standards. From my understanding though, there was a big to do between these companies and the government, and as such the government nixed their certs to import cars and declared them all unfit for the road. This then causing a number of imported cars to get impounded both while coming in from the docks and off the road. Since then, either no one has been able to get certified to modify imported cars, or the gov is just flatly refusing to certify. It's been a number of years since my research into this, so some of that info is a bit fuzzy, but I believe that is the gist of it. Only now that they are broaching the classic car status are they allowed to legally be driven on our roads again.

Not to continue pulling this off topic, but, it's my understanding that only the R33's done by Motorex and one other company were road legal, and even that was a bit shaky. Exporting cars to the US for use on the road is a very hard thing to achieve. First you need to get government certification, then you need to bring 5 to 10 cars to be "fixed" to meet safety standards. Then those cars need to be crash tested. And then they need to meet emissions standards. From my understanding though, there was a big to do between these companies and the government, and as such the government nixed their certs to import cars and declared them all unfit for the road. This then causing a number of imported cars to get impounded both while coming in from the docks and off the road. Since then, either no one has been able to get certified to modify imported cars, or the gov is just flatly refusing to certify. It's been a number of years since my research into this, so some of that info is a bit fuzzy, but I believe that is the gist of it. Only now that they are broaching the classic car status are they allowed to legally be driven on our roads again.

Or come to Canada :sly:

Considering our current election cycle... Did any Mazda Eunos Cosmos make it to Canada?

I don't follow the market too much but considering the fact that it's a 90s car it should have made it. If a 2001 Silvia can make it, I don't see why a Eunos can't.

Maybe the demand isn't as high because people don't know the car? I mean you have proper JDM enthusiasts that buy cars, and you have those half, basically weeaboos of the car world that only know the EVO, RX7, Supra, Skyline, Miata, and NSX

EDIT

Old forum posts

http://www.rx7club.com/canadian-forum-42/20b-cosmo-sale-scarborough-mazda-894197/

Yeah, they made it 👍

EDIT 2

Found an old listing, don't know how old. But the car is sold.

http://www.rightdrive.ca/vehicle/1991-mazda-eunos-cosmo/

~8k CDN which is what... ~6k USD?

13B motor, 4 speed auto, 28k KM

EDIT 3

NOT SOLD

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_26359252?prx=-1&orup=1_10_1

13B, 37.5k KM, $12,700 CAD

Okay but we get the point :)

Last edited:
A 1.3 litre 4E-FE four banger, which was the only engine available for it in Europe (Japan got a turbo version of the same engine as well).

The Tercel and Paseo are based on the same platform, and the 1.5 litre in those is practically the same aside from being bigger in displacement.

Back