Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Going to be decorating my car for super bowl Sunday this week.
20160124_083208.jpg

So I'm a little late posting these, but I got some pictures just after pulling her out of a 4 day nap in during the blizzard in MD.
0126161931_HDR.jpg

She even left a face print.
0126161930.jpg

And her first full tank after the storm. I mostly just love the lighting under this gas station.
0126161941a.jpg

A few days later the snow started melting and I couldn't let the opportunity for fog shots go to waste, and I wanted to give the camera on my new V10 a workout.
0201161925a.jpg
0201161925.jpg
0201161922a.jpg

This phone takes aamazing night pictures.

That's really cool and looks like a lot of fun, but I'm really surprised that they're holding an event like that with so many dangerous buildings and obstacles close to the course.

That's really cool and looks like a lot of fun, but I'm really surprised that they're holding an event like that with so many dangerous buildings and obstacles close to the course.

I didn't believe it at first. I was originally going to try and be a photographer. I couldn't imagine a stock miata passing a tech. I then I realized the rules ( or lack of ) said I could run my car. It was great fun but it wasn't safe.

There were a couple points where I got a pit in my stomach while I felt the car start understeering under heavy braking. My mind was just going "NO RUNOFF NO RUNOFF THAT'S A BUILDING!" And yeah, with all the ditches and such nearby, you should hold off on doing something like that again until you have a basic rollcage in the car. It's just too dangerous and not worth risking being in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

The BMW's a little screwed up right now, so this borrowed Suburban gets to play the rule of "Doog's car" for a bit. :boggled:

24653212410_b131412030_h.jpg

24581058049_0caf3af605_h.jpg

24318070904_65a6b4233c_h.jpg

24948629065_775f920ffa_h.jpg

It's pretty cool though. Plus, through some black magic, I've managed to make it fit in my garage. o:
I'm still puzzled on that spoiler on the top...

It looks cool as hell though!
I'll give you that one since it's clean and stands out.
^ Spoiler doesn't look bad honestly.
It's not that it makes it look bad as it's difficult to think why would you want to add a minuscule amount of downforce on an SUV. It's not common that I see a spoiler on the Suburbans.

It's not that it makes it look bad as it's difficult to think why would you want to add a minuscule amount of downforce on an SUV. It's not common that I see a spoiler on the Suburbans.

A 2001 Suburban has a top speed of 97mph. Nobody's gonna add a spoiler to it for downforce. lol

^ Spoiler doesn't look bad honestly.

Some of these turned out a little bit fuzzy (still learning taking DSLR pictures needing to get a tripod) but i finally took some pictures somewhere else.

View attachment 514271 View attachment 514272 View attachment 514273 This one was taken at my house though.
View attachment 514275
That's very nice. How's the maintenance on those? I've been looking at cars on Craigslist, because I recently got my permit and would like to have my own car.

That's very nice. How's the maintenance on those? I've been looking at cars on Craigslist, because I recently got my permit and would like to have my own car.
I just spent $2000 on mine in "maintenance." Be warned, they're old cars, and even the nicest ones will have old, brittle parts prone to breaking. 944s are notorious for bending valves as a result of old timing belts, they really should be replaced once a year and upon purchase of the vehicle. Fuel lines often need replacing and many 944s have burnt down because of old lines. Not to scare you away from one, old cars are a lot of fun, but maintenance will kill you. The odds of finding a truly nice, well maintained one on craigslist are slim. They're so cheap that a lot of them don't get fixed the way they should. But damnit I love mine.

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled on that spoiler on the top...
There's a Dodge Durango that I use to see cruising around here that had blue flames on the side and a big carbon fiber wing in that same spot, only it was a foot tall and probably 6' wide. I'm pretty sure it's gone, which is a bummer because I never got a picture of it.

That subtle spoiler looks pretty decent on it's own, but by comparison to that Durango it may as well be Aston Martin levels of beauty.

Also, @Doog I don't know why, but for some reason that color really suits the Suburban. And the thing looks great in that shape. Most of the Suburbans I see around here are rusted out unkempt beaters. It's nice to see one that looks well taken care of.

Back