Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,440 comments
121.JPG

I just purchased a Mazda Demio LX '97 for $400 :)

Washed my car three times last week.. This neighborhood is full of trees so bird poo on your car is not unusual but last week was ridiculous. Went to the car wash on Sunday, on Tuesday the whole front of the car was hit so gave it a quick wash before work and on Saturday my car looked like a Dalmatian. :ouch: So Sunday I washed it again and was lucky to park in the spots between the trees. Just got home from work and had to park right next to a tree, so I'm afraid to see it after I have done some sleeping.

~07:15 am, just parked, still clean :P
28580456145_9ac5686330_b.jpg

That's only a GTST but I can't see the difference between a GTST and GTR in the way the car is built and the location of the fuel tank.

Nice wheels though.

Just came back from Circuit Mont-Tremblant where I did a 3 day HPDE event with BMW CCA. God, I LOVE that track. They had a professional photographer on site, Jean-Francois Leclerc. I ended up buying the entire set of pictures he shot of my car as they're some of the best shots I've ever seen--over 100 in total. I don't want to spam the thread but I'm having a hard time narrowing it down... Here are some of my favorites.

28706917295_64f3418a21_h.jpg

28600793912_f3c5ba7ee9_h.jpg

28422302400_b0de18943e_h.jpg

FT86 attack! (Sim or real?) :lol: A lot of Shenanigans in this group--just glad we didn't get a black flag.

28600787452_21361f379b_h.jpg

28600805612_7634483561_b.jpg

28600806212_5e9c29e7aa_h.jpg

28422280930_433d74470b_h.jpg

28089299704_99f3efe36c_h.jpg

28706954095_9230a008fe_h.jpg

(What a great angle. Spa isn't the only place with crazy elevation changes) :lol:

28632524691_b49bc97d24_h.jpg

OK, one more (mine). Hot rubber and klag from 3 days on track. :crazy::lol: And I could have built a sand castle with the amount of brake dust on the wheels.

Knew that background was familiar. 👍 Haven't been there in ages, it's truly a terrific (and terrifying) track.

Knew that background was familiar. 👍 Haven't been there in ages, it's truly a terrific (and terrifying) track.

That first 1-2-3 downhill-uphill-downhill right-hand complex certainly is terrifying, with the car loaded then unloaded and then loaded again on it's suspension, combined with 2 blind apexes. Talk about drama. The first time you're there, you want to let out a Tarzan like yell every time you make it through that section alive. :lol:

Some people think I'm crazy but I'd take Circuit Mont Tremblant over VIR, Road Atlanta, even Watkins Glen. And I don't say that lightly. Something about it's flow and character just 'does it' for me. It's a high speed track and it's not overly technical, but it's sweeping corners and elevation changes require equal parts finesse and bravery. It's a track where you as the driver can really make a difference. And the rewards are increased in a car that can 'dance'.

Of course having dozens of cuisine quality restaurants within 3 km of the track doesn't hurt either. :D

$400 Car battle lol. I would get in on this but my truck was a lot more than $400 lol. I wish I could find one that cheep where I live. Ive been looking for a gen1 Mazda miata that at least runs good and body is in good condition with a stick shift. The cheapest ive seen here was around $1500 and was right before tax returns happened and I was hopping he wouldn't sell it by then so I could get it but it sold in a week lol :(.

I'm keen. Have been enjoying driving the Demio, it's actually quicker than I thought it would be.... you can hit the speed limiter in 4th gear.

Stage 1 weight reduction has already been done and some new wheels will happen in the next day or two.

I'm keen. Have been enjoying driving the Demio, it's actually quicker than I thought it would be.... you can hit the speed limiter in 4th gear.

Stage 1 weight reduction has already been done and some new wheels will happen in the next day or two.
Whats the top speed?

Approx 155km/h in 4th or 5th gear. It hits the 3rd gear rev limiter at around 135km/h
Manual transmission? I miss mine, I had a 2008 Ford Mustang GT 5 speed. that thing would hit 120mph+ I never got to top out, fastest I went was 125. I haven't tried my truck yet to see what it would reach, I really don't want to cause if I mash the gas pedal down I would literally watch the gas gauge go down right in front of my eyes lol. I have a 5.7L Hemi, not so good on gas lol.

Not fast. Faster than I thought it would be.

100km/h in the Demio feels faster than 150km/h in my Mazda Tribute.
You just gotta love those small "Slow-but-feels-fast" cars. My 3 is the opposite...It can go like hell but it feels about on par, speed wise, until you get past 100 kmh. After that it feels a tad slow.

Back