• 15,443 comments
HN7
My Grocery Getter
new156.jpg

Looks odd without a wing.. :guilty:

Updated my car with an imperial :dopey:
284291_219468994761185_100000942581546_583964_1465140_n.jpg

Need it for the bike!

What else doesn't it have? I see it doesn't have a back seat.

The RS come with aluminum roof, no ABS, no power window/mirror nor central locking. Only thing for comfort is the AC. It weighs ~80lbs less than other models.
I still have the backseat, it was taken out that week to put in a new fuel pump.

Just put on a new bumper, canard and painted the interior.
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Last edited:
HN7
The RS come with aluminum roof, no ABS, no power window/mirror nor central locking. Only thing for comfort is the AC. It weighs ~80lbs less than other models.
I still have the backseat, it was taken out that week to put in a new fuel pump.

Just put on a new bumper, canard and painted the interior.

Looks good. What are the wheels? They look like Advan RGII.

Seems odd that the RS doesn't come with a rear wing. I thought you would want it for rallying. I don't know much about EVOs though.

Looks good. What are the wheels? They look like Advan RGII.

Seems odd that the RS doesn't come with a rear wing. I thought you would want it for rallying. I don't know much about EVOs though.

They're Rota wheels, they make lookalike wheels but still good quality.
The RS is a stripped out, bare minimum model that Mitsubishi made for people who plan to track/race their car. Because if you track the car, chances are you will put on a better wing anyway.

HN7
They're Rota wheels, they make lookalike wheels but still good quality.
The RS is a stripped out, bare minimum model that Mitsubishi made for people who plan to track/race their car. Because if you track the car, chances are you will put on a better wing anyway.

So surprising they actually sold the RS model in the United States. They couldn't have sold that many.

Mooie MR2:)

nice driving in the vid! i was there too, although i didnt drove on the circuit.

makes me want to take my gtr to the track aswell :)

Say hello to my beast...

Edit:
I suck with file attachments and getting an img onto boards...
Check my sig. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Btw, not bad for an iPhone picture. :sly:

One More!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I thought that house in the upper left corner was an up arrow and its reflection a down. :lol:

I still love those doors too. So awesome.

From last weekend, after my first country roadtrip in the Sera. 👍

Awesome! Didn't realise you had a Sera. Considered one a while back but insurance costs are ridiculous in this country. I love the proper Japanese futurism of them. Ideally if I got one I'd have the Mk1 Yaris digital instruments replace the regular dials in the Sera.

Fantastic car 👍 Don't care that it's just a Paseo in drag!

Just one picture of my Fiat 500 in the now rare color New Orleans Blue. Will be posting more pics soon
DSCN0188.jpg

Rare? They've sold a fair few, I've seen plenty out and about in that colour and as far as I'm aware they're still readily available in that colour! Mod Blue and Punk Grey are rare colours, I've only ever seen 2 of each and there are very very few registered on Fiat Forum. In fact you don't see many of the original 'retro' solid paints about anymore which is a shame.

Awesome! Didn't realise you had a Sera. Considered one a while back but insurance costs are ridiculous in this country. I love the proper Japanese futurism of them. Ideally if I got one I'd have the Mk1 Yaris digital instruments replace the regular dials in the Sera.

Fantastic car 👍 Don't care that it's just a Paseo in drag!
lol, thanks! 👍

You're smart... Because you did your research before you bought one. I didn't do that, so (while the insurance here is probably nowhere near as expensive as in the UK) I can only afford to pay for third-party at the moment. Our insurance company hates anyone under 25.

I like your idea of fitting an old Yaris/Echo instrument into the car. It'll fit the whole 90's concept car theme very well. :)

But yes, the car is awesome. I absolutely love it so far, though I'm not too fond of the attention I get for stepping out of the car at petrol stations. That will take some getting used to.

I thought that house in the upper left corner was an up arrow and its reflection a down. :lol:
Haha! Yeah, they're strange little houses. The interiors are cramped though. I wanged my head on the ceiling a number of times, and we even managed to break one of the lights.

From last weekend, after my first country roadtrip in the Sera. 👍

DSC_1059.jpg

Totaly forgot about the Toyota Sera (heck, never heard of it until GT4). How practical is the gull-wing/scissor-door configuration for that car?

Totaly forgot about the Toyota Sera (heck, never heard of it until GT4). How practical is the gull-wing/scissor-door configuration for that car?

Yeah, me too! I probably would have bought one ages ago, if someone reminded me about the existence of the Sera.

As for the butterfly doors... they both have their pros and cons. I'm a tall-ish person (about 190cm tall), and because the car is so small and low, it's convenient that half of the roof lifts-up with the rest of the door, so I can simply step in without doing a limbo or breaking my back. It's also quite good for tight parking spaces, as the doors do not swing out too far horizontally. They're also supported by some very nifty struts, so they move up and down quite freely with very little effort.

As for the cons; We have been having some very nice weather here lately (heavy showers!), so whenever I need to open or close a door, the rain pretty much soaks the front seats and the dash.
On the way home from that road trip there was hardly any cloud cover, so my neck spent a few hours in direct sunlight and got pretty badly burnt. It's currently winter here... so I'd hate to drive this car in the middle of summer.
And also, because of the curved-glass roof, the side-windows are quite small and they do not let a whole lot of air into the car.

Apart from those small things, I love the doors. :)

Edit: Btw, Kent, I love your STI. That year model is definitely my favourite shape. I walk past a current STI sedan every day, and it's just not the same without the LED rear lights and the proportions of the hatch.

Last edited:
Back