Post a pic of your stereo system.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter xAkirax2004
  • 54 comments
  • 3,382 views
Messages
2,932
Well, I did a search on this and there isint any threads for it. So ill post my stereo system.
 

Attachments

  • mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 273
my cameraq has flat batteries so ill just show u a pic of me stereo from a website. ill get one of it in its beauty soon
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 217
Well, I guess I'll start with my reciever...My Sherwood 5x100 watt piece of eliteness. You can see my right side speakers in the picture...Barely...(And my 10"(Soon to be dead and replaced with 2 12's)subwoofer)
 

Attachments

And here's my KLH 6 1/2's, best $16 I've ever spent. Each one of these hits harder than my 10" sub, but then again..It sucks.
 

Attachments

And my little RCA 5 1/4's that have lasted through massive amounts of punishment over the past 6 1/2 years, and still sound good.
 

Attachments

uhhh i got a old 210 watt aiwa system if i can find it ill post one
 
all my audio is pumped through my computer or ipod so I use speakers/headphones.
altecAVS500small.jpg


the speakers aren't much but for the amount of space I have and the money I spent ($50), they're the best I could hope for.

these are the headphones I'm hoping to buy - they cost about $60 USD but they're the best within my price range of $100
sr60.gif


For my tv, I'm thinking of getting a small pair of studio monitors but I can't find prices on those things. Any suggestions?
 
Here is mine. Kenwood RXD-A33. You can also see my JVC 900mhz coordless headphones.
 

Attachments

  • my-stereo.jpg
    my-stereo.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 183
OK, I have two, one in the living room (which is an a/v setup):
livingroomrack.jpg


That's a Sony STR-DB940 Dolby Digital Receiver, sitting atop a Sony DVP-S725D DVD player

Distributed throughout the room are five of these:
livingroomspeaker.jpg


This one, nestling amongst the bottles is a part of the Bose Acoustimass 15 set. They're all identical, and there's a subwoofer (not pictutes) hiding next to one of the sofas. You'll see that the speaker is made of two halves, which can be rotated relative to each other. Bose calls this Direct/Reflecting. This is the front-right speaker, and the lower piece is toed-in toward the listening position. For some (unknown) reason, it sounds better with the lower speaker toed-in and the upper one straight than the other way around. At the rear, the speakers are on custom-made stands, and face into the listening position, with the top speaker angled back to "bounce" the sound off the back wall.

The second hi-fi is in the study.
studyrack.jpg


It's a Technics SA-EX500 Dolby Pro-Logic Receiver, sitting atop a Sony MD-JE520 MiniDisc Deck and an ancient (but still very good) Marantz CD65-II SE CD player. These are all linked to a pair of B&W DM602S3 speakers sitting atop Atacama Nexus 6SE speaker stands.

studyspeaker.jpg
 
Right now i have this. But with 2 speakers, not 4.
616888-elec_lg-resized200.jpg


It treats me quite well, but i want something by Klipsch. And a new sounds card, of course.
 
This is what is at college in my dorm.
p_am15_l_b.jpg


But, my room at home has a better system, IMO.
 
Originally posted by toyomatt84
p_am15_l_b.jpg

Unless those speakers are the size of juice boxes, that sub is bigger than any i've ever seen. Ruins the whole system, unless you can hang it from the roof. ;)
 
Those speakers are actually really small. I think they are 3 inch squares, if I'm not mistaken. The sub is just right for size.
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Unless those speakers are the size of juice boxes, that sub is bigger than any i've ever seen. Ruins the whole system, unless you can hang it from the roof. ;)

The idea is that you hide the sub. Behind the sofa or something. I do know people who have them on show, however, thinking that they're some sort of "badge of honour". Idiots.

Our sub is semi-hidden, insofar as you'll never see it when sitting on one of the sofas in the room, but it's open enough that the front bass port can breathe.

If you want to see how big the satellite speakers are in relation to other things (such as, say, a 1L Smirnoff bottle), check my post.
 
My sub is out in the open..Then again, it's not a powered sub either. My new ones will be out in the open, too, because I'm gonna use them as my speaker stands. I just like to look at my speakers pushing as hard as they can. I don't really care what other people think of them.

Giles, those are kevlar/carbon fiber composite speakers, aren't they? I've always wanted a pair of those. Just so I could say I have bullet-resistant speakers.
 
The B&W's? Yes. I believe the tweeter is a titanium dome. You can see more about them here

I didn't mean to sound harsh on the sub placement issue. In our house, the living room is a living room first and a cinema second, so a degree of discretion in speaker size and placement is called for. And the Bose system is absolutely ideal for that. Our room is probably 14' square, and the Bose kit works a treat. If you doubled the lengths of the walls though, I think it would struggle to fill the increased volume of the room.

The B&W picture I posted shows the speaker with the grille off. I actually run them with the grilles on, because they're very bright speakers, and I have quite a bright CD player also. I purposefully selected some lower-grade speaker cable to pull some of the harshness out. Obviously though I took the grilles off before photographing the speakers because otherwise they'd just look like big black boxes with B&W logos on!
 
Yeah, my new CD player (Which isn't shown in my pictures, I'll take one after I get my 12"s or something) plays fairly loud on the high end once you get up to higher volumes. Probably because it's actually a DVD player, but no big deal. I just adjust the treble accordingly when I'm listening to loud music.

My bedroom/computer room/living room is well over half the length and width of the house, and the floors and walls are all concrete (They still vibrate fairly hard if I turn the volume up past 60 or so...), so I keep my speakers simple, large, and loud.

I just can't wait for my damn 12's. It keeps me awake at night...Well, not really.
 
Aw HELL YEAH! THIS SWEET SYSTEM PLAYS TAPES!!! Oh wait the tape thing broke... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
One of the 4' tall 12" subwoofer boxes. These things vibrate everything off the shelves on certain songs.

[Edit: Forgot to upload. Doing so in next post]
 
Originally posted by Joecool593
Aw HELL YEAH! THIS SWEET SYSTEM PLAYS TAPES!!! Oh wait the tape thing broke... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hehehe, I'm planning on taking one of those old school boom boxes and turning it into a portable wifi node/mp3 boombox :D - now - if only I had the key ingredient...TIME :banghead:
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
The idea is that you hide the sub. Behind the sofa or something. I do know people who have them on show, however, thinking that they're some sort of "badge of honour". Idiots.

Our sub is semi-hidden, insofar as you'll never see it when sitting on one of the sofas in the room, but it's open enough that the front bass port can breathe....


Mine's hidden in my closet. It does very nicely, because somehow my closet's rear wall is the hallway wall. You can hear it all around on my floor, and others as well. I usually don't have it that loud, but parties do get rowdy, what can I say.
 
Mine Rules All
(i dont have a digicam)
 

Attachments

  • i r00l j00.net.png
    i r00l j00.net.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 108
Well, after receiving budgetary authority, and waiting for the local dealer to get stock, and selling the outgoing model on eBay, I have replaced the study's Technics SA-EX500 Receiver with a Marantz PM-7200 Amplifier.

Pics later...
 
Back