• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Okay, to prevent the Crossbone and PS4 threads becoming the same thread, here's a thread for comparison discussion.

Which console impressed you most at E3?

Which console are you more likely to buy on the strengths of the E3 presentations?

What shortcomings do the consoles have?

What advantages do the consoles have?

Discuss, debate, describe, decry and demonstrate here - but keep it above the belt...

I was pretty much sold on the PS4 before E3 to be honest, and E3 itself solidifies that.

It's cheaper, has less shortcomings (at this early stage), I like the styling plus the user interface, the games look incredible, good exclusives, Sony seem to have a better grasp on things, the presentations were much slicker and really sold the console well etc etc. To me it seems like the best console, it's as simple as that.
I guess the only downfall is having to pay for online, but seeing as it's going to be only £3 a month (roughly) it's hardly a disaster.

Something pretty damn dramatic is going to have to happen to sway me away from the PS4.

PS4 before E3....

And most definitely PS4 after yesterdays event! :drool:

I think the price, and combined features of the PS4 makes it more value, and i've always like the PS systems.
Will probably get the Xbone later on, when prices have been reduced...

Also, I have PS+ anyway, so paying for online won't effect me in anyway. + Getting free games. :dopey:

I tried to not be biased but the PS4 looks really good (as in a great buy).

Which console impressed you most at E3? PS4 since Microsoft did not show anything new at E3.

Which console are you more likely to buy on the strengths of the E3 presentations? Xbox One because of the launch titles coming with it. My favorite game being Forza 5 with Deadrising 3 looking like a really fun game.

What shortcomings do the consoles have? PS4: None that I know of. X1: Price, TV-TV-TV! and DRM (I can deal with that since I don't buy used games unless the game is much cheaper, and I don't borrow games from my friends in case I damage the game.)

What advantages do the consoles have? PS4: Price X1: Xbox Live

I know tons of people hate Kinect but I have no problem with it. I have friends and family that come over my house during the summer and during holidays and sometimes we play Kinect. I have had a lot of fun with it like Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Fruit Ninja. I will probably get both the PS4 and X1.

The Xbone looks better. There, I said it. I think the PS4 has some really odd design decisions going for it related to how the USB ports and disc drive are nestled into a deep ridge; and the design itself looks like some sort of developer's kit or something. Forza 5 also looks a lot better as a title than Drive Club.

That's about it that I can think of.

Ps4 Before and after.

The E3 MS conf. was good in games, but it was lacking so much other stuff. PLus not a huge fan of mandatory stuff.
Ps4 is developper friendly, gamer friendly and doesn't try to outdo my TV or PC. It's a gameconsole in it's roots, and that's what I want 👍

Preordered with day1 delivery. No games bought yet...

I presume that the PSN portfolio will be playable on the PS4 ?
That way with all the stuff amassed with psn+ since launch, it will be a busy holyday season this year :hurray:

Only the PS4 online stuff is a bit sour, but Sony will clear it up... whether paid or not, I keep my psn+ suscription anyway

Will probably get the Xbone later on, when prices have been reduced...
There is no price point that can convince me to install a mandatory corporate, networked CCTV system in my living room.
The Xbone looks better. There, I said it. I think the PS4 has some really odd design decisions going for it related to how the USB ports and disc drive are nestled into a deep ridge; and the design itself looks like some sort of developer's kit or something.
They both look kinda... ass.

I think the Crossbone is a lot more dated already, but the PS4 won't be far behind it.

I presume that the PSN portfolio will be playable on the PS4 ?
That way with all the stuff amassed with psn+ since launch, it will be a busy holyday season this year :hurray:

No. PSN games still count as PS3 titles so they still won't fall under PS4 compatibility; and Sony has still been rather frustratingly vague with what they will do for PSN Classics (which by all rights should be easy to make work, but they'd probably rather have them implemented into Gaikai for long term profits).

Was planning on the PS4 before hand. E3 just made me even more sure of my choice.

The price was a nice surprise and it is going to get some great titles. Even though it wasn't mentioned at E3 War Thunder on the PS4 will be briliant.

It is more powerful as well if the reports are correct so that is another reason I want one.

Also you don't have to buy the Eye if you don't want to whereas you have to buy the Kinect.

The PS4 also looks slightly better. I do mean slightly though.

Disadvantages. Pay to play online but then they are equal to Microsoft now so it isn't a huge problem now. Also we still get the current PS+ benefits when we buy it for the PS4 to play online.

Advantages of the Xbone? For me personally. None. It has some nice titles but I love PS4 titles as well so that won't be an issue.

Disadvantages of Xbone. Second hand games are charged, online requirement, less powerful, more expensive, don't want Kinect.

There is no price point that can convince me to install a mandatory corporate, networked CCTV system in my living room.They both look kinda... ass.

I think the Crossbone is a lot more dated already, but the PS4 won't be far behind it.

Same, I agree with both points.

It would have been nice if the PS4 looked better but it's hardly a deal breaker.:)

I'm missing a "PC before E3; PC now" option :D

Sadly that always gets forgotten, even at E3 itself. I soo hope to see more Arma3 / DayZ SA footage from the E3 :drool:

There is no price point that can convince me to install a mandatory corporate, networked CCTV system in my living room.
So much yes:tup:👍
Especially after we now know the NSA will tap in... :lol:

PS4 pre-order placed today.

Much as I love the 360 and Forza in particular the Xbone does so much that I specifically do not want, costs more and as such the PS4 is just a better bet for me.

Going for Killzone and Driveclub at launch, but I am going to miss Forza.

I actually choose XB1 before and PS4 now, This actually changed before E3 though. The news at the XB1 reveal pretty much sank the XB1 for me and the news out of E3 did not help it any. Meanwhile the PS4 was rather impressive and the lower price in addition to that means that when I get a new console it will be a PS4 rather than an XB1.

I would like to play FM5 but there is no way I am going for the XB1 unless some major changes are made.

My choice for gaming though is the PC without a doubt. I use consoles only for exclusive content.

Neither of them before the MS event the other week. Then once MS showed off their contender I was put off somewhat like many other, when I had hoped that it would be a reasonable choice for a next-gen console.

However, the initial price of the thing in the UK sealed its fate. I would have only been getting an Xbone for a single game as it is now to be honest, which is FM5. Some of the other titles looked interesting, but it would take a some effort to push me in the direction of the Xbone.

A week ago I wasn't sure if or when I'd bother getting a next-gen PS. Right now though, I can actually see myself getting a PS4 before then end of the year. All I want to see is a few more next-gen titles and exclusives before I commit, so I'll probably wait a few months after its release.

The Xbone looks better.

I looks more functional and solid, while the PS4 design doesn't move me very much in the styling department. It does looks more like a console than the VCR-like Xbone though, but in a way it looks $100 cheaper as well.

Just thought. The PS4 has another advantage if Motioninjoy is updated to use the DS4 with the touchpad then my PC exprience will be better as well as getting a great console.

True, but I like the Forza games... And I got some friends who really like the Forza series, so I might look into getting the Xbone at a lower price.

But for now, im more than happy with the way PS4 looks. (generally speaking)

Not the same.
I do care, and I know, that I was leaning towards PC before E3, and the information about both consoles on E3 confirmed it.

What's wrong with neither before, neither now? This is a console war thread, PC stuff does not belong in here.:sly:

I was highly dubious about both systems, and while I was loathing MS for pulling those restrictions I still got the impression that Sony would follow the same policies to create a new industry standard, which really pulled me off from both.

Then they just simply went simple and reasonable like ... when the PS2 was released, the PS4 is ugly (it doesn't have good styling, or that much of a slick design) but it's design does provide a somewhat reasonable price (is not that cheap, but for what it can do, and for what the PC equivalent components can provide is still really good value).

I was more prone towards PC at the end of all this, but several titles got me interested on the thing, and while online access is now subscription based I still get the impression that it was rather necessary given the several titles and features that will be provided with it (Driveclub and Planetside2 alone justify the costs for me), having purchased 6 months of XBL before doesn't make me that bothered, but it still sucks a bit.

399 + 60 USD is something affordable for me, and I would still get a few things I wanted (like planetside2) right of the bat, which is a great thing given what I would have to do to my PC to make those games run at about the same quality/performance.

True, but I like the Forza games... And I got some friends who really like the Forza series, so I might look into getting the Xbone at a lower price.
They could come out with the greatest game ever made - a game that literally allows you to become God - and if it were an XBox One exclusive I still wouldn't buy an XBox One simply because they want me to install a mandatory corporate, networked CCTV system in my house.

No deal. Not ever.

They could come out with the greatest game ever made - a game that literally allows you to become God - and if it were an XBox One exclusive I still wouldn't buy an XBox One simply because they want me to install a mandatory corporate, networked CCTV system in my house.

No deal. Not ever.

Sam here.

I seriously wanted MS to get this right, simply for Forza, and they have just messed up 100% from my point of view.

The business practices they wish to implement are not ones I can ever support and fully intend not to (and I spent a fair bit of money on the 360 between various Forza and COD titles), none of which they will be getting in the next-gen if they stick with this.

The PS4 requiring PS+ for on-line is no surprise (I predicted as much in a number of threads) and given that I already have Live and PS+, when the 360 gets part exchanged for the PS4 it will actually save me money year on year.

No deal. Not ever.
It's not that bad??? :sly:

Ok now i'm joking...

But we all have different opinions. ;)

The Xbone looks better.
I do not really like nor dislike the looks of either console. From the pictures the PS4 I think looks a little better but then again I do not care much what they look like. This would not be a factor in my choice of purchase.

No. PSN games still count as PS3 titles so they still won't fall under PS4 compatibility; and Sony has still been rather frustratingly vague with what they will do for PSN Classics (which by all rights should be easy to make work, but they'd probably rather have them implemented into Gaikai for long term profits).
They did mention streaming via cloud services which hints that you would be able to play some or all of those PS3 and classics on the PS4 via cloud services.

Heard a few people saying "HA PS4 now costs to play multiplayer online"... Yet this is the exact same argument which people used as to why XBOX was better, remember how XBOX Live even though it cost meant it was a superior online service with 'better servers' etc.

Yet now it's being used to beat the PS4, just makes little sense.

Either way, I was PS4 before hand and PS4 after E3. The DRM, Kinect and price totally put me off. I'm someone who's bought two 360's and two PS3's and even now the 360 see's no use.

I'm glad Sony learned from the PS3, to focus on gaming.

Neither before E3, PS4 now. It hurts but I'm going to have to pass on FM5. All of these restrictions on the Xbox One plus the fact that Fanatec wheels most likey will not work on it, means a no-go for me. I'll be getting a PS4 once GT7 is announced, however. I'll keep playing my 360 and PS3 until then.

Back